Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

1 Pip school spell vs power pip

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 28, 2013
Hello,

I am just throwing this out there. This applies to those who always get power pips. This also applies to casting your school spells only. You ever get the feeling that, since you always get power pips, the spells that cost 1,3 5,7 or 9, as far as cost are worthless? they really costs 2,4,6,8 or 10 right?
I hate when I have 6 power pips and my school spell only costs 5. All 6 of my power pips go away. Why can't it cost the true 5 pips? Can I have one pip back please? I know it is really only one pip and it counts as 2 pips for your school only. Yes I understand the whole concept totally. However, I do feel like I am wasting pips all the time when casting those spells at odd intervals.
Life I said, just throwing it out there.

Mark Dragonleaf L65 Storm

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I brought this up a while ago, and others have too, and was basically told, "that's not how the system works".

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
You're not wasting anything because you got the power pip for nothing. When you are casting a 5 pip spell with 3 power pips you are GAINING 2 free rounds of waiting, so consider yourself lucky. This has been "thrown out there" many times and they aren't ever going to make change for power pips.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
stormkraker on Jan 29, 2014 wrote:
Hello,

I am just throwing this out there. This applies to those who always get power pips. This also applies to casting your school spells only. You ever get the feeling that, since you always get power pips, the spells that cost 1,3 5,7 or 9, as far as cost are worthless? they really costs 2,4,6,8 or 10 right?
I hate when I have 6 power pips and my school spell only costs 5. All 6 of my power pips go away. Why can't it cost the true 5 pips? Can I have one pip back please? I know it is really only one pip and it counts as 2 pips for your school only. Yes I understand the whole concept totally. However, I do feel like I am wasting pips all the time when casting those spells at odd intervals.
Life I said, just throwing it out there.

Mark Dragonleaf L65 Storm
This has been posted/suggested many times. Nothing has changed.

Perhaps someday...

Explorer
Jul 29, 2009
I have the same feeling, it really does feel like a waste if you don't have a huge power pip chance%. Once I got to 80%+ chance I really didn't feel too bad about, but until then, yeah it can be tiresome/annoying. Also, I really don't think they will go with give one back idea, but good luck with it.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
Yes this is probably my biggest annoyance with this game. I mean really? This should have been fixed ages ago. I use steal charm and it costs ONE white pip to cast, but no it uses a whole power pip to cast which is TWO white pips. So like you said if you always get a power pip then you get scammed a pip. So I generally start with 2 power pips. I use steal charm. Next turn I should have 2 power pips and a white pip which is 5 total pips for my school. However it doesn't happen that way. Very lame.

I would love an explanation for this as well, but don't hold your breath. I have discovered being on these boards quite often the last few weeks that the moderators and or KI people don't respond to intelligent questions. They only respond to questions like "where is Wizard city"

Daniel Shadowflame. 90

Survivor
Jul 17, 2010
Great idea i had the same feeling whenever I would lose a pvp match, that one pip is a game changer so yeah I would like to see that out there.

Defender
Aug 15, 2010
I've been thinking they should add a quest where your power pips can be used for your secondary school. We'd call it, "Extreme Pipping"

Defender
Jun 28, 2013
superspy2 on Feb 2, 2014 wrote:
I've been thinking they should add a quest where your power pips can be used for your secondary school. We'd call it, "Extreme Pipping"
Thank You,

However, they do have an item that allows it to happen. It is called a MASTERY AMULET. You can get them from the crown shop, or as a drop from Luska in the waterworks (for that you have to be level 60). I believe there is also an EXALTED AMULET, which has the same function plus extra. For that one you have to be level 90.

Good luck
Mark Dragonleaf L66 Storm

Explorer
Jul 29, 2009
superspy2 on Feb 2, 2014 wrote:
That isn't going to happen Superspy2. The only way to get your power pips to count as power pips for your secondary school is to wear a mastery amulet.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It's not something that needs "fixing". Power pips are like a token. They are worth 1 OR 2 pips depending how you use them. If you walked into an arcade that used token and quarters, some games cost 1 quarter or 1 token, some games cost 2 quarters or 1 token...would you really expect to get a quarter back every time you play a game? NO. Because you know how it works.