Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 Bundles

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 21, 2008
What happened to all the bundles. Like the Super bundle, and the Olympian bundle, and the Hive bundle. Cause I was looking to buy a bundle and I wanted the Olympian bundle but it wasn't there or on any of the websites you said it was on. Why did you take them away?

Luke StormSword

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
LukeThunderBlade76... on Jan 16, 2014 wrote:
What happened to all the bundles. Like the Super bundle, and the Olympian bundle, and the Hive bundle. Cause I was looking to buy a bundle and I wanted the Olympian bundle but it wasn't there or on any of the websites you said it was on. Why did you take them away?

Luke StormSword
Not sure why you could not find any info. Here are a few links that give a lot of detail:

https://www.wizard101.com/game/prepaid-card

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Olympian_Bundle_Gift_Card

On the second link to wizard101central.com/wiki, you can "search" for just about anything from the game.

Administrator
LukeThunderBlade76... on Jan 16, 2014 wrote:

Luke StormSword
I think you may be confusing websites with physical stores.

The following prepaid cards can be purchased right on our Wizard101.com website

Prehistoric Bundle https://www.wizard101.com/game/prehistoric-bundle
Dino Bundle https://www.wizard101.com/game/dino-bundle
Majestic Bundle https://www.wizard101.com/game/majestic-bundle

The rest of the bundles must be purchased in the retail store locations throughout the USA.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Sep 21, 2008
So I need to buy them physically at a store.
Luke StormSword 22

Survivor
Jun 14, 2012
Hi!

I think every bundles should be available on the website, you are loosing a lot of money by not doing it

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
I'm in Canada
We can't get the bundles available in US stores without crossing the boarder.
I can't even order them online, as you need an American Address to finalize Purchase.
Walmart.com offers the Pagoda through E-Sale, so you can order that and they'll Email you the code.
Otherwise, the only way to get these is to go on Ebay, and spend double the price from people who went in and bought their local stores out.
I think SCALPING Wizard101 Bundles on Ebay should be Illegal myself.
Offering a 39 dollar bundle for 66 dollars plus shipping is gross misuse of the system.
If these bundles were available through the site, there'd be alot more sales for them IMO

Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
Exsouls on Jan 20, 2014 wrote:
Hi!

I think every bundles should be available on the website, you are loosing a lot of money by not doing it
I think this is a great idea, but even if they are gaining profit, the stores the sell them at are losing profit. That's why they sell them at stores so both companies can gain profit, but people who don't want to go to stores to buy, can buy online if they'd like. Though, people who would rather go and buy them at stores, can do that.

Hunter LifeLeaf

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
Like I said,
I do understand that there's contract agreements with the stores, Walmart, Target, Gamestop...etc.
However, making these bundles only available in the USA in these stores, is leading to people buying the stores out, then posting the bundles for sale on ebay and other sales sites for inflated prices.
As I stated before, 72 dollars with shipping for the Winterbane Gauntlet, Olympian Bundle...etc on Ebay.

IMO, to control the "Scalping" of these hard to find bundles, all it would take, is to allow them for slae through the website.
I do understand this only fixes issues for people with credit cards or paypal, but at least it would make things 60% easier for those of us with no access to American Stores for purchase.

Walmart offered the Pagoda as an E-Sale, which made it available to anyone with computer access.
That being said, in my case, I had to buy with PayPal, as my Credit Cards all have my address attached to them, and the US Walmart/Target/Gamestop only sell online to people who have American Addresses.

I had to alter my address on Paypal to a relative in Boston, who I haven't talked to in 15 years, just to have the sale and emailed code actually process.

Survivor
Sep 21, 2008
They should put all of them on the website. They would get so much more money.
Luke ThunderBlade 23

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
the reason companies such as K.I sell cards to companies such as walmart target ect... is Walmart makes a huge purchase of cards at a discount price and sells them for profit while K.I may not have sold say 200 million units at 39$ via website purchases they may have sold 200 million units immediately for say 4-7$ each which walmart resells at a large profit K.I knows they do not have the storefront consumer and by tapping into that type of market through retail stores they pad their wallets with a pretty penny. walmart knows how valuable a storefront consumer base is and so while they may want to carry wizard 101 cards they also want stock security in the cards and bundles they carry hence the free pets ect you get from cards purchased at stores they must provide assurance to walmart that their cards will be movable product whether it be by adding perks to cards or providing security via not hosting specific bundles on their website
it may not be pretty but its economics

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
Thank you Twilight for that very well written response and explaination.

I agree totally that this i sa necessity for KI with these companies...

As stated before though, ny biggest concern, is that these bundles are not available outside of the United States of America...

Not even to the continental US

I'm just upset that 85% of KI's players are not being thought of when these bundles go to Stores. Including me, who tends to want every bundle.