Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Timer On Spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
Whenever I'm double-tasking, the timer on the time to pick spells gets really low, and I am caught off-guard, and pick a random spell. It would be nice if when your deck came up, it would make a shuffle sound, or give you 30 seconds instead of 20. I also think instead of starting the round when the last player picks, it should let the timer run out, so the last player has a chance to change their spell.

Rebecca SoulStrider level 93

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
First I would like to mention you do have 30 seconds to pick a spell, not 20.

I often multi-task and never have a problem picking a spell. I pick my spell, go back to what other task I was doing. With the sound on, I can easily tell when my spell is being cast. Alt+Tab is a great tool when multi-tasking. It switches between windows quickly.

I completely disagree with having to wait for timer to run out to start the round. This would greatly increase battle times especially when you are the only one in the battle.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
Hannah Lifebringer on Jan 3, 2014 wrote:
First I would like to mention you do have 30 seconds to pick a spell, not 20.

I often multi-task and never have a problem picking a spell. I pick my spell, go back to what other task I was doing. With the sound on, I can easily tell when my spell is being cast. Alt+Tab is a great tool when multi-tasking. It switches between windows quickly.

I completely disagree with having to wait for timer to run out to start the round. This would greatly increase battle times especially when you are the only one in the battle.
That's a good idea. I should try to keep the sound on more. Thanks!

Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
How about adding a short delay after last wizard picks? Still have the 30 second overall limit, but have say a 3-5 second delay for everyone to see the last spell picked.

Example:
I would pass or move my trap to another target if I discover someone standing to my left is going to use a wand on the feint treasure card I am about to cast on the Ruby spot.

Currently, the spell (or pass) from the last person to select doesn't show up (except for say a split second, certainly no time to react). You have to wait until that wizard goes through the animation of casting it.

My suggestion is also more pertinent when the wizards are of the same school, where they are more likely to use each other's traps, prisms, etc.

Having said that, I know that text chatters have an easier time planning ahead, via the option of saying ahead of time what they plan to do
(in detail, not just Everybody, use [trap] on [Ruby]), the way a menu chatter might have to.

IGN: Diana Raveneyes

Survivor
May 16, 2012
I think that is a great idea. I do not typically have my sound on but the time on the timer going all the way through would help.