Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is this considered puppeting?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 07, 2010
So, I joined a random pvp match and I got paired up with a level 10 wizard and I am level 49. The other team kept saying that i was doing a puppet. So they said they were going to report me. Can I get banned for this, even though I was randomly matched up?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
X172X172 on Dec 31, 2013 wrote:
So, I joined a random pvp match and I got paired up with a level 10 wizard and I am level 49. The other team kept saying that i was doing a puppet. So they said they were going to report me. Can I get banned for this, even though I was randomly matched up?
They could report it but it wouldn't matter. People send false reports and it will only get them in trouble eventually. Don't worry about it.

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
Nope you cannot. See while puppeting is frowned upon within the pvp world. It's not a reportable offense. If it was a complete mishap that you got paired up with this guy you can safely ignore what those people said and if they indeed did report you, they'll get slammed with a false report instead of you getting in trouble for a sheer accident.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2013
Honestly I don't think so. What it is is that a person has two accounts and they go into 2v2 and use the two accounts to battle. Most of the time there is a huge level gap between the wizards so the people may have assumed that you were puppeting. People who do this use the lower level wizard to boost the higher level wizard with charms, shields, and other stuff. Then they use the higher level wizard to do a very high powered attack. If this happens again try to explain to them that this was random pairing. If they do report you, Kingsisle will look into it and find that you were innocent and will not delete your account. Good luck.

Defender
Mar 08, 2013
Highly unlikely. You can't be reported for just doing puppets(even if you chose to do it). If they report you, it's their problem for a false report. You don't need to worry about a thing.

Survivor
Feb 05, 2010
So let me get this straight. You were fighting with a level ten against two wizards that thought you had a teammate puppet? Then they said they were going to report you? That is just cruel. To all KingsIlse producers looking at this message should give this dude a gift and not expel him from the game. Hope you have a happier duel next time!

Gavin Moon Coin( level 30 wizard

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
even if they DID report you, the chances of you getting in trouble is futile. mostly because the other team didn't look at who joined which I always do, and Ki has a good monitoring system, and they should be able to see what goes on now that they have these "Hall Monitors" walking around like normal players. so they would know so I doubt that you'll get in trouble, good luck in pvp

balance wizard level 45

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
No you can't get banned from it

Survivor
Dec 16, 2012
I wouldn't worry 'bout it. A similar thing happened to me, and I kept reminding them that it was randomly matched, but they wouldn't listen. I did get reported, but eventually they got banned from false report. So just don't worry about that, it will blow over eventually :)

~Everyone has a dark side, just most of us are afraid to admit it~

-Jess

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Yes it "technically" is puppeting, but then again, you got random matched so no one can blame you for that!

Wolf Legend

Defender
Oct 04, 2010
Ignore these type of people, I hate people who think puppeting is bad. I consider it bad when it's the same person running two different accounts, but it's a strategy! Theres tons of people who think its "cheating" or "unfair", trust me I've been criticized up the wa-zoo on the message boards, don't let them get to you. I just don't get it, I'm allowed to 2v2 with my level 80 friend all I'm doing is healing and shielding while he attacks. Its not a crime! Its a winning strategy!

- Scarlet Moonstone lvl 41

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
scarletmoonstone14... on Apr 27, 2014 wrote:
Ignore these type of people, I hate people who think puppeting is bad. I consider it bad when it's the same person running two different accounts, but it's a strategy! Theres tons of people who think its "cheating" or "unfair", trust me I've been criticized up the wa-zoo on the message boards, don't let them get to you. I just don't get it, I'm allowed to 2v2 with my level 80 friend all I'm doing is healing and shielding while he attacks. Its not a crime! Its a winning strategy!

- Scarlet Moonstone lvl 41
Puppetting allows a high level and a low level to get paired with 2 medium level players (or even low level warlords) which is not fair for the lower level team. The team can use strategies, sure, but puppetting itself is an exploit of the Wizard101 matching system mechanics. Because of the averaging in levels and rank, puppets will get much easier matches than other players. If a puppet gets warlord, it is not as legitimate, because puppetting makes matches far easier than matches are for other players. Puppetting will only make other players angry, and for good reasons, so I do not recommend it.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
Aaron SpellThief on Apr 28, 2014 wrote:
Puppetting allows a high level and a low level to get paired with 2 medium level players (or even low level warlords) which is not fair for the lower level team. The team can use strategies, sure, but puppetting itself is an exploit of the Wizard101 matching system mechanics. Because of the averaging in levels and rank, puppets will get much easier matches than other players. If a puppet gets warlord, it is not as legitimate, because puppetting makes matches far easier than matches are for other players. Puppetting will only make other players angry, and for good reasons, so I do not recommend it.
If a warlord 10 lvl under the private is that puppetting?

1 warlord on the game said it would be puppetting if the warlord was 20 lvl under the private.

Others might disagree on it though.

Amy lvl 96 If a warlord close to my lvl like only 10 lvl under me that want be puppetting at all.

PS:

I mostly get warlords to fight me and other players that are close to my lvl but are ranked up so I shouldn't fight the others wizards it makes it really unfair in rank pvp.

What happens if you report someone 1 time and you get reported 5 or 8 times from a wizard that in the crowd?
Who will get muted if you have a glue?