Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

storm needs more health

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 07, 2012
Vanessa891011 on Jan 8, 2014 wrote:
I can't agree with you here, you are making storm overpowered. Okay, say storm did have 1500 base health at level 40, they would have around the same amount of health as life and balance wizards. Now, let's say you were level 40 and you did that elixir quest. Add 1500 heath to 550 health, you now have 2050 health. At level 40, naturally. You have around 300 more health then ice wizards. Okay, now you have the most powerful spells, as well as the most base health. Now, what do you think, eh? Is that fair?

~ Vanessa Rainbowpetal, level 51 theurgist
Actually, I have one more thing to say, I have trouble with street enemies as well, in fact, all schools do at some point. In Stormriven Hall, I was fighting some Water Lurkers. (more then 1900 health each) Well, I have a decent health for a "newer" Life Grandmaster (more then 2900) but, I just couldn't do it. They spam humongofrogs, taking out my minion. Then, when i'm all ready with blades and stuff, one of them uses earthquake or myth imp! So, you should know, none of us are perfect when it comes to this type of stuff, sometimes we lose the battle, it shouldn't matter, you just need to go and try again.
~ Vanessa Rainbowpetal, level 52 theurgist

Explorer
Apr 01, 2012
wolf strongsword on Dec 29, 2013 wrote:
Why can't storm have more health. Storm should have as much as fire. My fire friend has almost five thousand health. that is all.
OK, first, Storm is way to OP to have decent health second, read number one

~Luke NightTalon lvl 63

Survivor
Jan 06, 2013
In a word, no you see be cause storm is SUPER strong it has less health that is why balance and life have more health (not because they are weak I totally respect life and balance they are both amazing) but fire also has less health because fire is strong as well. That us also why storm fizzles at lot cause if it had an 85% chance of not fizzle or something, it would be the to strong. The schools are pretty even I like the way KI did the schools.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
Lucas Rain on Dec 30, 2013 wrote:
I am tired of people saying "no" to any storm bonus just because of some vague statements made at the beginning of the game. It has been years since then, things changed, and it's too hard to play as storm now.

Let's get real, people. Quoting the "high damage" statement is just like saying "Well, birds have wings so they can fly. It wouldn't be fair in the food chain if other animals could do that." Ok, but what about penguins? What about ostriches? What about flying insects? What about bats?

So no, Storm doesn't just have low health because it has the most damaging attacks. Storm has low health because KI repeatedly makes decisions that favor other schools and forget about Storm.

People who are saying no.
LOL so you want KI to give storm more health and resist while still maintaining their insane offensive stats? I think you favor the storm school, and KI is not favoring other schools over storm. Storm does the most damage due to their insane critical, damage, and armor pierce and you want more defense along with that? Hate to break it to you but all schools have their pros and cons. Storm's pro is damage and their con is defense, just deal with it.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
wolf strongsword on Dec 29, 2013 wrote:
Why can't storm have more health. Storm should have as much as fire. My fire friend has almost five thousand health. that is all.
Storm should not have as much health as fire since storm deals more damage than fire.

Survivor
Mar 19, 2011
The reason storm doesn't have much health or resistance is because their spells are overpowered, their critical is super high, and due to this, their damage is unbelievable and this is why their health should stay the same. If you are still getting defeated I suggest doing the difficult battles with a team.

Defender
Oct 27, 2013
correct. an average lvl 84 storm's base health is very close to an average base health of a lvl 41 ice wizard.

lvl 84 wizard base health (based on w101 wiki):

lvl 84wizard has 1755 base health

lvl 41 wizard base health:

lvl 41 wizard has 1714 base health.

and health are like 43 levels away and have very similar base health.

but with gear a wizard can have like 3.4 thousand

storm really is fine with the hp but should increase the accuracy