Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Moon magic reintroduced into shadow!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 13, 2013
Personally, I'm a big fan of moon magic, and I find it very disappointing that the polymorphs lost their use.
In fact, I'm disappointed any time good ideas for spells are put to waste.

Needless to say, I'm disappointed a fair amount. Things like the polymorphs however, are really invaluable. The ability to change into another creature? Who wouldn't want that. Unfortunately, kingsisle has made that a fairly large group of people by giving polymorphs things like no resist, no block, and no damage. The treant polymorph, for instance. It's an insanely powerful spell if used right, but it becomes useless after a while because of the lack of block and resist.

In response to this uselessness of polymorphs, kingsisle released shadow magic, something built off of moon magic that adds to your stats instead of changing them. This is amazing. However, it's not moon, and moon is good.

Shadow magic is corrupt moon magic right? Well then let's have moon spells that retaliate.

Purify:
school, 2-3 pips, 75-80% accuracy, and let's say 0-1 shadow pips to make it interesting.
Effect: Target shadow form is destroyed dealing 70% backlash.

This would be awesome, right? A trainable supernova that would have the shadow explode in your opponents face before they have a chance to bring the backlash down.

Placate:
school, 0 pip, 90% accuracy, 1 shadow pip
Effect: -20 backlash to target.

This is also great. It could save you at the last minute.

Darken/Eclipse:
school, 1 pip, 100% accuracy
Effect: Take 100 damage for 2 shadow pips.

This is a version of empower for shadow, if you weren't getting any pips.

Illuminate:
school, 0 pips, 100% accuracy, 1 shadow pip
Effect: Dispel next outgoing shadow spell

Remember how dispels eat up your pips? Well this would be extra useful because it would eat up your long awaited shadow pip.

Thanks for reading, and tell me what you think!

Historian
May 06, 2009
ThatHelpfulThaumat... on Dec 18, 2013 wrote:
Personally, I'm a big fan of moon magic, and I find it very disappointing that the polymorphs lost their use.

Needless to say, I'm disappointed a fair amount. Things like the polymorphs however, are really invaluable. The ability to change into another creature? Who wouldn't want that. Unfortunately, kingsisle has made that a fairly large group of people by giving polymorphs things like no resist, no block, and no damage. The treant polymorph, for instance. It's an insanely powerful spell if used right, but it becomes useless after a while because of the lack of block and resist.

In response to this uselessness of polymorphs, kingsisle released shadow magic, something built off of moon magic that adds to your stats instead of changing them. This is amazing. However, it's not moon, and moon is good.

Shadow magic is corrupt moon magic right? Well then let's have moon spells that retaliate.

Purify:
school, 2-3 pips, 75-80% accuracy, and let's say 0-1 shadow pips to make it interesting.

This would be awesome, right? A trainable supernova that would have the shadow explode in your opponents face before they have a chance to bring the backlash down.

Placate:

Darken/Eclipse:

Illuminate:

Remember how dispels eat up your pips? Well this would be extra useful because it would eat up your long awaited shadow pip.

I think Moon Magic should stay in the premise of Polymorphing, but what would be a good idea to ask KI to do, is increase the Critical, Block, Incoming/Outgoing Healing, Damage, Pierce, Stun Resist, Resistance, and Pip Chance of all the Polymorphs.
Polymorphs that are more offensive should have much higher Damage, Pierce, and Critical than a typical Wizard form.
Healing Polymorphs should have relatively high Incoming and Outgoing Healing than your Wizard.
Defensive Polymorphs should have a lot of Resistance and Stun Resist compared to the Wizard.
Balance Polymorphs should have a small amount of everything really.
And Boosts to opposite schools should be very low for better effectiveness (Probably between 5-20%).

I would also suggest the health of all Polymorphs go up by 100 every 10 levels. So at Level 50, a Wizard might train Polymorph Gobbler for that 5,000 health and at Level 60 the Wizard's Gobbler Polymorph will now have 5,100 or something of that nature.

I like your ideas, but if a spell is going to use Shadow Pips, I think it has to be a Shadow Spell. And typically, supplementary schools don't exceed 0-2 pips for best effectiveness.

Also, keep in mind, Shadow Magic did not only corrupt Moon Magic, it also changed Star and Sun magic which we'll see in Part 2.

See You In the Spiral!

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
ThatHelpfulThaumat... on Dec 18, 2013 wrote:

Purify:

Placate:

Darken/Eclipse:

Illuminate:

No, the shadow magic we've seen was moon magic from the Eclipse Tower, that was corrupted with shadow magic, we've yet to see corrupt sun (Solar Arch) & corrupt star (Radiant Alcazar). But I think that there will be another type of magic to combat shadow: Light. Here are some ideas of light spells:

Shining Self - Destroy target Shadow Self and deal 30% Backlash, 1 light pip.

Photon Backlash - +30% Backlash to 1 target, 1 light pip.

Photosynthetic - Incoming shadow spell turns into a light pip, 1 light pip.

Mass Shining - Destroy all enemy Shadow Selves and deal 30% Backlash each, 2 light pips.

Brighten - Dispel next shadow spell, 2 pips.

Solar Panels - Incoming damage is halved, for every 1,000 damage dealt, gain 1 light pip, 1 light pip.

Bright Berzerker - +20% inc & out damage, +10% inc & out pierce & +30% in & out critical for 2 rounds. Place 20% Backlash on self, 1 light pip.

Bright Blocker - +20% resist, +10% stun block & +30% block rating for 2 rounds to self and target enemy. Place 20% Backlash on self, 1 light pip.

Bright Benefitter - +20% in & out , +10% accuracy & +30% power pip chance for 2 rounds to self & target enemy. Place 20% Backlash on self, 1 light pip.

And a shadow spell to combat light:

Obscure - Dispel next light spell, 2 pips.