Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do Bosses Get Past Critical Block Easier?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 06, 2012
This has been a big question for me since Critical chance was added. Do bosses get a little extra boost to get past your critical block? For example, if I'm fighting a Storm boss, his Criticals will almost always land on me, while I can block most Critical from Storm mobs.

Defender
Dec 08, 2012
First of all, Can anyone tell me what an MOB is AND what MOB stands for in the first place Anyways, it all depends on A) the rank of the enemy and B) your own critical block amount.

The higher the rank of the enemy, the more critical they'll have. The lower the rank, the less critical they'll have. My Death Character has 177 critical block and I block almost all criticals that are thrown at me but sometimes a boss may get away with a little bit, some, or a lot of criticals unfortunately

As I've learned from a website In which I forgot what website it was, your critical block will be reduced by the critical rating of your opponent (in both PvP and normal enemies/bosses). The amount left will determine if you do or don't block. I think if the critical number is higher then the ended result of the critical block, then you or the enemy won't block but if the end result of the critical block is higher then the result of the critical, then you or the enemy WILL block. If there's someone out there that can explain this better then I did, feel free to explain it in simpler terms. Also, feel free to correct me on how a critical block is determined in battle if you can

Explorer
Nov 11, 2012
critical block is I think random....I have high critical block and there are times when battling a boss I dont block the critical and it can be a big pain especially when getting in worlds such as Avalon and the new world they can critical back to back...and it wont always block. Also, yes by the time you get into Avalon critical rating wont even matter...cause just about all bosses block the critical minions not so much...the minions do block some don't its more at random. Critical rating doesnt really matter after you get into a certain level you can critical three times in a boss battle that boss will block all three.

lvl 94

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
Mobs are just the guys running around the areas that pull you into battles and they are not bosses. They ones you generally have to fight to collect things.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Critical rating = likelihood your spell will go critical
Critical block rating = likelihood that you will block a critical spell

Note, these are not strength characteristics. Having more doesn't make it stronger, having less doesn't make it weaker.

These ratings are probability-based, and high level bosses typically have a much higher probability of going critical, as well as blocking yours.

Look at your own critical block rating, and you will notice that most players can only block about 50% of critical attacks, which means that nearly half the time they will get struck with a critical hit.