Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New wand type - 'hands'

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 21, 2013
Idea for a new wand 'type'. You have the lute, which plays music, the bow/arrow, the kind that you twirl behind your back and throw it forward, etc.

How about one that lets you use your hands? Maybe like a pair of gloves or something, but let's you cast a spell as though you didn't have a wand at all.

Couple of more wand ideas...

Remote control - where you press buttons on a remote or something when casting a spell. *beep beep beep* and the spell is cast.

Another would be where the wand attack is something like a huge bolt of electricity and you see the creature have a startled look and maybe even see them in like an "x-ray" fashion.

Defender
Aug 26, 2011
i made this suggestion in a reply to something somewhere...
i'll back you on this one! i think gloves would be a great addition, especially different kinds with different animations.

Gabriel Ashcaller

Survivor
Aug 22, 2009
There is a "hands" type of casting- you simply take off whatever wand you're using. As of the other ideas, they sound kewl!

Jazzy ThunderStaff Lvl 91

Survivor
Jun 25, 2011
Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Idea:
Wand name: Unarmed
Bought/dropped from: Perhaps gotten from the crowns shop, has different level versions of it.)
Level 35 version: 4 cards, ice damage for 100, +100 health.
Animation: You use your hands to make a big ball of ice, and throw it at the target.
Crowns cost: 3000 crowns.

Level 50 version: 5 cards, fire damage, +3 universal resistance, 110 damage.
Animation: Same as ice, but with a fire ball.
Crown cost: 4200

Level 90 version: 6 cards, storm damage, +5 universal resistance, 130 damage.
Animation: Same as ice and fire, but with a storm ball.
Crowns cost: 5000

Future level 100 version: 2 cards ice, 2 cards fire, 2 cards storm, 140 damage each, +3 universal resistance, +100 health
Animation: Same as above
Crowns cost: 5500

Crowns

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
l CrossFired l on Nov 26, 2013 wrote:
There is a "hands" type of casting- you simply take off whatever wand you're using. As of the other ideas, they sound kewl!

Jazzy ThunderStaff Lvl 91
You missed the point of the 'hands' type wands. You would still equip it, as with other wands, but would cast as though you didn't have a wand.

Your mention of simply taking off the wand you're using defeats the purpose. You would lose that extra pip and any other benefits of the wand. The 'hands' type wand would let you keep the wand benefits.

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
Gabriel 1 savage p... on Nov 25, 2013 wrote:
i made this suggestion in a reply to something somewhere...
i'll back you on this one! i think gloves would be a great addition, especially different kinds with different animations.

Gabriel Ashcaller
Different animations for different gloves would also be cool.

Special glove types...
Emjay - Sparkling silver/white where you do a moon walk (instead of just a hands movement)

Glow - have a colored glow around you (color matches the color of the gloves you are wearing) that merges onto your shoulders and then down your arms to your hands and out.
variations of 'Glow':
* Spell Glow - color is based on the school of the spell
* School Glow - color is based on the school of the caster
* Rainbow Glow - various colors each time, sort of like a rainbow colored swirl

Big Bang - maybe smacking your hands together really hard (making a loud thunder sound or something, unless you fizzle)

etc.

Survivor
Oct 15, 2013
Magical gauntlets are not without precedent in fiction, albeit maybe not yet precedented in Wizard101... I find myself thinking of the Infinity Gauntlet from the Marvel Comics universe. Unlimited power literally in the palm of your hand! lol

A remote control? Nifty... Especially if there was a gadget-oriented race equivalent to D&D gnomes in the game... Also, can't help but think of Power Rangers Mystic Force when reading that lol, albeit that might turn people off...

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
marleybonian electronic spell remote flaming fists freeze ray 2.0 advanced med kit
draining boxing gloves marleybonian minion remote sorcerers spell list (a clip board with a paper in one hand and a pen in other)

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
critical blizzard on Nov 27, 2013 wrote:
marleybonian electronic spell remote flaming fists freeze ray 2.0 advanced med kit
draining boxing gloves marleybonian minion remote sorcerers spell list (a clip board with a paper in one hand and a pen in other)
forgot level 0 wands that work for every school and are for sale and all spells are 40 damage and no stats solar powered spell remote 5 sun damage spells blaster 5 star damage spells list of the spiral's moons 5 moon damage spells (clip board again)