Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to Stay on a Friends' List

AuthorMessage
Champion
Dec 03, 2012
At some point in your wizards' life, you'v done something wrong. Maybe it cost you a friend, or a warning, or possibly a mute. If you want to prevent losing a friend, you may want to listen to this.

1. It is their money.
This had been stated before. Do not beg. We all hate it more then anything. If you something, use your own money not your "friends" or random persons' money. This also goes for hatching, pagoda, and winterbane.
2. Want to get your friend killed?
If you have a higher level friend, then do not teleport. If they are in the arena, or at the bazaar, and maybe even their home, you can go. But if you recognize the place they are in and you know it has enemies, do not teleport. If you do not recognize the place they are in, you better keep it safe and continue your daily schedule.
3.Don't yell at a novice.
Please, be nice, even if your level 10 friend teleports to you in the middle of an Azteca battle. It is okay to be angry, but don't show that. If they are low level they are most likely younger than you, so being mean will only scare them away. It is okay to ask nicely and politely if they cannot teleport to you. If you end up losing because of them, remember to yourself that you can do this again.
4. Gifting for other reasons.
It is okay to give random gifts to your friends (that actually know you), but do not go out and gift everybody in the world. They will only ask for more, which will lead you to having no crowns. You now cannot buy that card pack you had been looking forward to...
5. Do not criticize.
If you see somebody not fighting very well, give them some tips. Do a 2v2 with you on their side. But don't, don't, be mean about it. Saying "Your fighting stinks" may make the other person feel insecure. This could lead to ignores, reports, and removing of friends'.
6.The delete button.
Ah, yes. We all know the delete button. Well, don't overuse it. Be stern about it though. If somebody begs, go ahead and delete them. But if somebody says something mean to you and then apologizes like 10 times, keep them on your list. When clearing off your list, only keep friends you actually knew (no, not that level 90 warlord that you saw in the arena) or that got on consistently.
7. Mean Players.
Give them a warning.If they continue to be unkind, then try removing them. If they still pester you, then the ignore and report button are right there. KI once stated that mean and rude players will not be reported, but if they are swearing they will. Use that ignore button and think twice before you click report.
8.What to do if you have a sticky-note friend...
In other words, how do you get rid or a tag-along friend? You have several options: A) you can turn off teleports, B) you can ask them nicely to stop following you, or C) Just ignore them. The best answer is B. A may make them feel unwanted, and you don't want that. C is not getting what you want. B is best.

I will have to continue this later; almost out of room.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Molly the Balance ... on Nov 23, 2013 wrote:
At some point in your wizards' life, you'v done something wrong. Maybe it cost you a friend, or a warning, or possibly a mute. If you want to prevent losing a friend, you may want to listen to this.

1. It is their money.
This had been stated before. Do not beg. We all hate it more then anything. If you something, use your own money not your "friends" or random persons' money. This also goes for hatching, pagoda, and winterbane.
2. Want to get your friend killed?
If you have a higher level friend, then do not teleport. If they are in the arena, or at the bazaar, and maybe even their home, you can go. But if you recognize the place they are in and you know it has enemies, do not teleport. If you do not recognize the place they are in, you better keep it safe and continue your daily schedule.
3.Don't yell at a novice.
Please, be nice, even if your level 10 friend teleports to you in the middle of an Azteca battle. It is okay to be angry, but don't show that. If they are low level they are most likely younger than you, so being mean will only scare them away. It is okay to ask nicely and politely if they cannot teleport to you. If you end up losing because of them, remember to yourself that you can do this again.
4. Gifting for other reasons.
It is okay to give random gifts to your friends (that actually know you), but do not go out and gift everybody in the world. They will only ask for more, which will lead you to having no crowns. You now cannot buy that card pack you had been looking forward to...
5. Do not criticize.
If you see somebody not fighting very well, give them some tips. Do a 2v2 with you on their side. But don't, don't, be mean about it. Saying "Your fighting stinks" may make the other person feel insecure. This could lead to ignores, reports, and removing of friends'.
6.The delete button.
Ah, yes. We all know the delete button. Well, don't overuse it. Be stern about it though. If somebody begs, go ahead and delete them. But if somebody says something mean to you and then apologizes like 10 times, keep them on your list. When clearing off your list, only keep friends you actually knew (no, not that level 90 warlord that you saw in the arena) or that got on consistently.
7. Mean Players.
Give them a warning.If they continue to be unkind, then try removing them. If they still pester you, then the ignore and report button are right there. KI once stated that mean and rude players will not be reported, but if they are swearing they will. Use that ignore button and think twice before you click report.
8.What to do if you have a sticky-note friend...
In other words, how do you get rid or a tag-along friend? You have several options: A) you can turn off teleports, B) you can ask them nicely to stop following you, or C) Just ignore them. The best answer is B. A may make them feel unwanted, and you don't want that. C is not getting what you want. B is best.

I will have to continue this later; almost out of room.
Now that this post has been approved by a mod, I can continue my post:

8. Questing.
What do you do if you are invited to quest, but can't? Just tell them nicely that you cannot. But if you don't want to, you can tell them you were planning something on questing solo and don't need any help. Do not go straight out and tell them that you think it is boring, or that Belloq is hard, continue along with your day.
9. "Help Me!"
Go ahead, ask for help. Only do this when you are completely sure that they are not busy. If somebody asks you for help and you are farming/fighting, then tell them you can't.
10. Menu Chatters.
Can be a big problem. Don't avoid them completely, but try not to add as many of them. If you happen to have an annoying friend that is getting on your nerves, then your only choice to to stay hidden to friends or to turn teleports off. It may not be the nicest thing to do, but there is no way to tell them to stop.
11. Respect.
Treat others the way you want to be treated. We've heard that for as long as we can remember. The big point, if somebody is mean or is annoying you, be nice. This is a very hard rule to follow sometimes, but you have to do it. Lower levels may be younger then you, so be especially nice to you. If a higher or lower level is hurting your feelings, then use the ignore button. Or only use it when necessary.

That is all I have!

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
Nicely said and a good read. All new players should read this. Well done.

Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
Wow, I know that probably every one of these tips has come up for me. Thanks so much for the tips. This should really help some people out.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2011
Good statement. Its never nice to listen to people on your friends list beg for a gift. If they are a true friend they wouldnt beg you everyday for you to gift them. If they asked for help I would help them like a true friend

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Defender
Dec 08, 2012
Wow, that was some amazing and awesome advice. Thanks for telling us this. This friend advice is very good to keep in mind

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
This is very well said. It would even do well to put something like this in the official KI Wizards manual. Thanks for the post!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
For the Tag-along friends I'd add one more option. Turn on "Hidden to friends" in your Advanced Options. They won't even know that you are online and no feeling will be hurt.

Defender
Dec 25, 2012
for question 2 dont ask them to flee or leave just act like they can kill i have a lot of low level friends that like to port to me to see azteca i'm fine with it in battle or not cause they don't give up

dustin battlewraith lvl 95

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Do try to improve your game. If you are having issues and constantly need help, and someone gives you some advice, LOOK INTO IT. Better gear? Find out where and what you need, then make a plan to get that. Bad pet? Ask for help but don't be pushy.

If you are on my list and you consistently ask me for help for every little thing, I might make suggestions to improve. I expect you to at least consider them.

If after some time you're still stuck in the same rut with the same problem, haven't changed anything about your gear or your deck setup or your strategy, I won't abandon you, but I will NOT let you continue to lean on me.

I've played with older players who have families, jobs, children, other responsibilities. I've played with seniors who have a variety of life situations or disabilities. ALL are capable of some degree of self-improvement even if they don't have hours and hours to spend farming waterworks or training the perfect blaze beast or doing 3 worlds' worth of sides to level up a little bit.

The biggest issue for many is crafting. It takes time to level up your crafting - your table has a timer and you have to go out and buy or gather reagents. It's slow and a lot of players ignore it entirely until they get to Avalon.

That's when I see a lot of folks on my friends list start to get permanently stuck. And I will review their gear and deck and spell choices with them, and the biggest piece of advice I give is the same one I got myself at this stage. Get your crafting up to speed so you can have decent block.

I can help you gather reagents, I can help you farm for tc that you need to craft with. What I can't do is go back to Eudora Tangletree and do your quests for you all the way.

If you still aren't blocking crits and you still aren't catching up on your crafting, nothing I can do will help.