Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What type of Wizard would you be if you worked on Wizard101?

A Sound Wizard.
15% [8]
A Design Wizard.
35% [19]
A Programmer Wizard.
20% [11]
An Art Wizard.
28% [15]

Feedback Friday 10-11-13

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Happy Friday, Wizards! That means it's time to chat!

Today, let's cast our focus on what kind of Wizard you would like to be. No, we're not talking about Fire, Ice, or Storm, but if you had the chance, what would you like to do if you worked for Wizard101?

Would you like to be an Art Wizard, someone who brings the ideas visually to life? Or a Programmer Wizard, who gets to create and maintain the inner workings of the world? How about a Design Wizard, who gets to both come up with the ideas at first, and then take what the other Wizards make and "glues" them together? Or, maybe a Sound Wizard, who takes what the other three have built, and adds a voice and an atmosphere?

Please vote on the poll, and discuss below. Have a wonderful weekend folks!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
well, falmea, i would be a design wizard. i love to think of new spells and their animation, although im not good at visual arts, so i would have to get an art wizard to help make it happen.

Defender
Oct 21, 2010
Professor Falmea on Oct 11, 2013 wrote:

Today, let's cast our focus on what kind of Wizard you would like to be. No, we're not talking about Fire, Ice, or Storm, but if you had the chance, what would you like to do if you worked for Wizard101?

Would you like to be an Art Wizard, someone who brings the ideas visually to life? Or a Programmer Wizard, who gets to create and maintain the inner workings of the world? How about a Design Wizard, who gets to both come up with the ideas at first, and then take what the other Wizards make and "glues" them together? Or, maybe a Sound Wizard, who takes what the other three have built, and adds a voice and an atmosphere?

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
A Design Wizard, so I could help create the ideas for new worlds
Second Choice would probably be an Art Wizard

-See Ya In The Spiral!!

Julia DragonLeaf

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
as much as she would like to be an art wizard, dr. von cannot draw to save her own life. if she could, the fan art would never stop... but, despite coming from a long line of artists, she does not have an artistic bone in her body (sad panda).

that all said, dr. von likes to put things together that probably shouldn't ever go together. and, somehow, it always works out (like the ice cream and fish-paste concoction she fed to mr. fluffy/the dragon titan). so it's possible that she would make a great design wizard~ she would write plots that were a perfect (but very-odd) mix of whimsical and creepy, then consult with other wayward wizarding writers to make the game even bigger, better, and stranger than ever before!

(she also likes messing with different accents- anyone who's seen the fan-fic of horribleness is probably aware that von likes to write in at least 7 different voices per story and is quite good at it; therefore voice-acting would be her second choice!)

-v.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Ooh.

Art: really terrible at drawing. NO
Sound: Can't make sounds or voices that sound good. NO
Designer: Sounds confusing, not sure what to do. NO

That only leaves one more choice for me, Programmer.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
Professor Falmea on Oct 11, 2013 wrote:

ive got some pretty interesting ideas but I have no idea how I would try for a job at Kinds isle and get accepted without mad computer skills or drawing skills(since I chose design)

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
for me, it would be a sound wizard. While I don't do it, I took a class on voice acting and it was fun. I can make many voices regularly, work good with accents, and enjoy twisting words around.

Survivor
Apr 20, 2012
I would like to be a programmer wizard. when i am doing a quest on how a world/school/type of any species came to be, it catches my attention greatly. Just thinking about a world back in B.C,( if W101 had B.C as a history term ) then a world nowadays, i think " wow i would love to have a part in the backstory of a cool unique world ". For instance, book pedistals in each school. i always read those if i am curious. I just think it's so fasanating.

All my support and devotion to KI and W101,
Nicole Blueleaflevel 33
Always trying my best to make W101 the best magical experience there can be for all wizards of all schools.

Survivor
Jul 10, 2013
I dont know probably programer or sound effecter.

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
Programmer. To be more specific: bug/glitch-finder. I want to help find all the things that can go haywire and help the programmers make those disappear quite permanently.

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
Design wizard, because my brain likes coming up with great ideas. I could also be an Art wizard, however I would probably do a ton of rough doodles more than anything else. I can also do Animation, so that's another thing...

-Happy Spellcasting!

Survivor
Oct 20, 2012
I would be a programmer because it would be fun to be one

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I'm trained as a recording engineer, and have worked as a sound man and DJ, so sound effects and voice talent would be great. I'm also a published writer, though that wasn't a poll option.

*Runs off to send KI resume*

Historian
May 06, 2009
I really love the idea of taking the concept someone says and then illustrating it into a picture. I love the art team the most and have I have a natural knack with drawing. I really like all the details that go into the process of making a character or environment. An Art Wizard is definitely more my forte.

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
I would have to say sound. I have worked in television and radio and for a while I created sound effects for a kids radio show. I think I had the most fun with that. My late husband worked for the Academy Awards and I was always campaigning to him that foley artists should be able to win an Oscar for their amazing and creative work in film but only the sound director or department head is able for consideration. All that brilliant work and no recognition, sigh. Anyway, it is a first love for me so, yea I would love creating sound again.

Administrator
Very cool, Wizards! Thanks for voting. A new Feedback Friday will be posted shortly! ::grin::

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea