Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How many Wizards do you regularly engage in dueling?

48% [29]
26% [16]
11% [7]
3+
13% [8]

Feedback Friday 10-04-13

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Another week has passed, and the weather is turning to fall. While this is not MY favorite time of the year, I know a lot of folks love it. I will be curling up with my heater, consoling myself with something spicy, and enjoying the fact that it's Feedback Friday again!

Today, let's chat about PVP. Specifically, how many Wizards do you have that enjoy stepping into the arena? Have you groomed one Wizard to be the best and defeat the rest, or do you enjoy the challenge of trying your luck in the ring with different schools and/or levels?

Please vote on the poll, and discuss below.

Stay warm, and enjoy your weekend! ::grin::

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Professor Falmea on Oct 4, 2013 wrote:
Another week has passed, and the weather is turning to fall. While this is not MY favorite time of the year, I know a lot of folks love it. I will be curling up with my heater, consoling myself with something spicy, and enjoying the fact that it's Feedback Friday again!

Today, let's chat about PVP. Specifically, how many Wizards do you have that enjoy stepping into the arena? Have you groomed one Wizard to be the best and defeat the rest, or do you enjoy the challenge of trying your luck in the ring with different schools and/or levels?

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
Well, my main balance wiz completed Azteca, so I pvp, since I don't have anything else to do. I have a level 10 wizard, that I don't talk about, which I was going to use for low level pvp, but I don't want to get into that tc world, so I don't pvp anymore, and rarely use that wizard.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2009
I enjoy it being a challenge, all though I only pvp on one character, learning new ways to fight people, and having make up whole new strategies helps you learn to pvp better.

Squire
May 10, 2013
Professor Falmea on Oct 4, 2013 wrote:

Plus three

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I have never been comfortable battling other wizards, I tried it a few times but didn't care for it. I ended up saying I was sorry for winning.

I guess I am just not competitive enough for that sort of thing. I don't need to prove I am better then others if I am able to quest in the game?

Mary StarGem

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
Zero. I am not interested in competing against other players.

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
I only have one highish level character and she is level 46, not that high.

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
I am very into PvP, I have posted a topic on it that I highly recommend to be checked out, it has been seen as a great idea by many people, But I battle almost every day, I have a level 90 and 8383 and when you have nothing to do, well there's PvP if you want a challenge or a change of environment then the usual questing or farming.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I've done PvP exactly twice and did not like it at all. I have not returned, nor will I.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2011
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
None. Just does not interest me. I prefer questing to battling other wizards.

Survivor
Oct 07, 2012
well, i have a lvl 40 and a lvl 80, so my death i use cuz in death you hit AND heal. but my fire is for showing off

Explorer
May 21, 2012
its fun but after so long it gets boring cause u just battle low level u just outright beat them in the firstt 3 rounds and usually when its a higher level pvp there usually level like 54 ice or life and life just spam healing spells and ice just spam tower shield and usually have life mastery amulets and when they get damsged they just saytr sry if i spelled it wrong i can basically fireball anything in wizard city i have it enchanted with gargantuan though and have 62 fire damsge boost i ca basically do anything in celestia but i still do get defeated every once ad a while sry for all the spellig mistakes im typig fast so that is em also fire school is probably my favorite right now also what would be cool is if we could chage our wizards ame to something differet for like a thousad gold or somethig just a suggestion

Autumn Darkeyes 58

Defender
May 11, 2012
I tried a pvp match when I first started the game about 2 1/2 years ago, and I tried another match a little bit before they went to the new age, but that is it. I wish I felt more comfortable about pvping, because I REALLY want to earn one of the unicorn mounts you can get with arena tickets, but something just doesn't seem right about it. I don't have time for matches that last hours, people can be incredibly rude, and the matching system is still not working right. As much as I want that mount, I just can't bring myself to step into the pvp arena, and probably never will.

Explorer
May 21, 2012
Autumn Rain on Oct 6, 2013 wrote:
I tried a pvp match when I first started the game about 2 1/2 years ago, and I tried another match a little bit before they went to the new age, but that is it. I wish I felt more comfortable about pvping, because I REALLY want to earn one of the unicorn mounts you can get with arena tickets, but something just doesn't seem right about it. I don't have time for matches that last hours, people can be incredibly rude, and the matching system is still not working right. As much as I want that mount, I just can't bring myself to step into the pvp arena, and probably never will.
i have to agree some people can be rude like (i probably wont play ranked match tell im like level 90) once i joined a ranked match and it was like a level 10 warlord that told me to flee and i didnt ad i beat him lol i thik he was mad but this was o my life accout im pretty sure also people probably threate people with this o efreet or i will report u or no storm lord or i will report u they take this way to seriously

Autum Darkeyes 58

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I had three wizards that had done some ranked PvP in the "first age" but having lost my honestly earned rank (i only ever did 1v1) I am not going to start over. The climate is hostile, with way too many foul mouthed, unsporting players, and PvP is still rather pay-to-win at most levels. Matches can be very long (ruining Reshuffle did nothing to shorten them). players still find ways to cheat (glitch-outs, etc) so I am done with ranked unless something changes. Friendly practice matches & fan site sponsored tournaments with set rules can be a lot of fun though..

What might get me back to ranked would be a "classic" or "pure" division, with everyone in the same "arena only" gear, no may-cast pets or over-level TCs, just straight even-stated matches using only trained spells & level appropriate TCs.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
I had one wizard that did PvP for a little while, but stopped. There was too much chatter from people watching, and too much smack talk. Also, it just had a slightly mean aggressive edge to it that was not fun for me.

Now I would like some of the spells from Diego, especially "conviction", but it is not worth it to me to have to go through PvP to get there.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Currently I only PvP with one wizard, my level 52 myth (rank 2020). I PvP with him exclusively these days because of all the great new arena gear for level 50s, and because Promethean PvP is currently broken. But to be honest, I'm tired of fighting level 90 wizards, 38 levels higher than me. Maybe there should be a cap on wizard level difference of 25-30 levels. Also, the high expense in arena tickets for this great gear has created a disincentive to quest and level up. There is simply too much time and arena tickets invested in my level 52 myth for him to level up any higher. Maybe you need to implement an arena gear trade in system.

Over the years I have PvP'd with wizards from four different schools. Both my Fire and Balance wizard are level 90 so I had to stop playing PvP with them since that level of PvP is currently broken and not fun to play. I wish there was an option for a higher level wizard to scale themselves down to a lower level to play PvP. My ice is level 68 and I occasionally PvP with him, but I got tired of playing level 90 wizards with insanely high critical or near 100% defensive resist. And it only takes a couple matches against Guardian Spirit to hang up your wand for good.

I miss playing PvP with my Promethean Balance in particular. I got him to warlord in this new age, but stopped due to it's current dysfunctionality. It's too bad the PvP department went way overboard with both critical rating and defensive abilities. They are both too far into the extremes and need to be scaled down to put it nicely. There was a time when subtle strategists like myself could successfully enjoy high level PvP. But now you either need to spam attacks with your over 400 critical rating, or tank tank tank with Jade gear and/or Guardian Spirit, and build for the one hit kill. Potent Trap and Sharpen Blade really changed the nature of PvP.

Over all, over the years, you have provided me a great deal of entertainment, and for that I thank you.

Administrator
Thanks to everyone for the votes and the comments! Another Feedback Friday coming up shortly...

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea