Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do you frequently play Shock-a-Lock?

Yes, I play it when I see the silver chests.
46% [69]
No, but I would if the game was different.
31% [47]
No, I'm focused on other things.
22% [33]

Feedback Friday 9-27-13

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello Wizards! It's Friday again (funny how that happens), so it's time to do our weekly poll!

Today, let's chat about Silver Chests. Some Wizards stop for those shiny chests no matter what else is going on, but some just pass them by. This week we want to know what motivates you to either play or continue on. Do you love Shock-a-lock? Are you tired of it? Would you rather have more variety in the type of minigame offered, or do you have more important things to do.

Please vote on the poll, and discuss below.

Have a wonderful weekend, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
I purposely avoid silver chests for the very purpose of Shock-a-Lock. Don't get me wrong, I love the minigame itself, but I usually don't want to play it in the middle of a quest session. Would rather much play it on FreeKIgames or at the minigame sigil.

Survivor
May 19, 2009
I do play, but in all honesty, ADD VARIETY TO THE PUZZLES.
Seriously, one game for these chests makes them boring, and half the time, the drops aren't worth the time IMO... I do it because I like hoarding drops from chests, but they aren't that great, and one puzzle gets boring fast.
That's my two crowns worth.
-Tzolak

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
I sometimes play them when I see them if I feel up to playing them. But the Prizes given are just "noobish" I'd like to see greater prizes plus the same game is getting boring I'd like to see more games to.

Survivor
Oct 29, 2011
Professor Falmea, if I could I would choose yes and no, because depending on the situation, sometimes i play it and sometimes i don't. But I do enjoy them because sometimes they give very rare reagents. If you are wanting to take them away, my vote is no, keep them.

89 James Titanfountain

8 James Titanfountain

Survivor
Dec 09, 2011
I love playing Shock a Lock and eagerly look for silver chests every where I go. It's not so much wanting the rewards at the end of the game but the total enjoyment of beating the clock. Once I have my line from start to finish, if I have enough time I go back and add twists and turns to get the kinky lines out. Does that make sense? Anyway, I really love playing the silver chests so thanks.

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
Hi Professor Falmea,
For my two cents worth, I personally hate the silver chests. I am one of those players who are simply no good at logic puzzles and trying to finish them in a certain time limit just makes it worse lol.
How about a variety of silver chest puzzles to cater for all different types of players, my suggestions are:
Trivia questions based on 101
Guess Who? showing a part of a face etc.
Name that pet, identify the correct name of a featured pet
Some puzzles based on the mini kiosks.
I'd like to hear what other Wizards think of these ideas.
James Dreamweaver Promethian Balance

Survivor
May 04, 2009
Shock a lock is a good game for a beginner. For people who have been playing the game for the past 5 years it is time for a new one. Every once in a while I will play it, but for the most part I pass them by. If you don't want to change the game then make the prizes better. Thanks.
Nicole DragonFlame

Survivor
Nov 12, 2009
More players would play it I think if it had some better rewards involved.

Survivor
Sep 18, 2009
Shock a lock is a relatively easy enough game to play and win at but the prizes you win from silver chest aren't much different than what you would win out of a wooden chest. Ultimately it's really not worth the time to play it. Perhaps upping the prize value or adding different games to the chest would make it more fun. So instead of playing shock a lock we might get a different game each time. That would be cool.

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
I open the silver chest every time I see one :)

Community Leader
Honestly I pass them all by because the game does get boring over time and the rewards are lacking especially when they're rare chests to find. If the rewards were better, I would play it more often. I'm more focused on the quests as well. Gotta find Morganthe! :)

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Survivor
Jun 12, 2012
Survivor
Oct 22, 2009
I have tried the game, but it is confusing. Now I just pass them by.

Defender
Aug 26, 2011
Kelsey Fireheart on Sep 27, 2013 wrote:
Honestly I pass them all by because the game does get boring over time and the rewards are lacking especially when they're rare chests to find. If the rewards were better, I would play it more often. I'm more focused on the quests as well. Gotta find Morganthe! :)
agreed. back in marleybone and such worlds the rewards were actually worth it, now i'm in Avalon and the wooden chest rewards are way better than the silver ones. just a waste of time.

Gabriel Ashcaller lvl 76 warlord

Survivor
Jul 18, 2008
Survivor
Feb 01, 2011
i do play them and that wood be great if they gave us better stuff

Survivor
Jul 11, 2009
I used to play them everytime I saw them, but honestly the rewards most of them give are just not worth wasting the time. The game is ok. They just should give rewards based on the world or area in which they are located. Getting one reagent, low level treasure card, or 20-30 gold for one in Celestia just isn't worth it to players that are participating in that world.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I cannot answer your poll because my answer would be, "Sometimes I open Silver Chests."

1. If I'm questing with a friend I never stop to open Silver Chests.
  2. If I'm questing on my own I'll open Silver Chests maybe 25% of the time, depending if I'm feeling busy with a quest or not.

The main drawback to Silver Chests is that the rewards don't seem to be any better than Wooden Chests. So if I've got nothing better to do I'll play Shock a Lock. A variety of games would be nice. Shock a Lock is easy though, so I'm not sure new games would make me open more chests.

Better rewards would make me open more chests.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2011
I never pass one by... the rewards are decent.. I would like if there were other types of quick games hidden in the chests. Maybe make the odd gold chest that gives pets or good pet snacks . And of coarse some gold. thanks Esmee Souleyes 90.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
I do stop for the chests, on the chance of getting something different. But it has become somewhat boring. I'd like to see a different mini game with higher prizes.

Explorer
Aug 06, 2008
I generally just pass them all by. They have extremely low rewards and the game gets really easy as well. Just click on every single block as fast as you can, then order them up and you'll never lose. I would play if the rewards were a bit better though, perhaps increasing the rewards in each world? A drop worth hundreds of coins in Azteca is completely useless. If there was a rare drop of a crowns item, even super low, like 1/100, I'd probably play every single one of them.

Survivor
Jan 28, 2012
I don't ever pass them up. I'm trying to improve my finish time :)

Survivor
Feb 18, 2009
I'd like these Silver Chests to at least give better rewards than the Wooden Chests. Because, seriously, I go through the process of the sock-a-lock game and only end up with like 100 or less gold and maybe a useless Treasure card. If I got like 500 gold or more, then I would have a reason to stop and do them. However, I do understand that they need to be scaled per zone.

So, basically, it's not the chest itself that people are avoiding, it's the rewards it gives. In my opinion.

Explorer
Mar 13, 2009
I do enjoy Shock-a-lock but the rewards are not worth the pause in questing at higher levels. I used to play them quite often when I was a lower level.