Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do you frequently play Shock-a-Lock?

Yes, I play it when I see the silver chests.
46% [69]
No, but I would if the game was different.
31% [47]
No, I'm focused on other things.
22% [33]

Feedback Friday 9-27-13

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
I do stop to play, but it is frustrating when you don't get a reward at all. Also, it would be nice to have several different games when the chest is open instead of just one.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I only use the silver chests when my wizards are a little low on gold. Most of the time I pass them by because I am close to max gold or max amount of treasure cards.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2009
I usually play when I see them in the game; however it seems the prizes are not near as good as they were when I was a Level 30 Wizard(I am now a level 78) Plus I play with my sister a lot and she passes all of them up because she is not adept at that particular game and simply got tired of loosing. So prizes that are just a little higher level than you are and a switch up in games may make them more desirable.

Defender
Feb 09, 2009
i liked it from the beginning, i had the game pipes on one of my computers and miss playing the game. i try to get different combonations each time i play, mostly i have to uncover all the tiles before the game is over. my friend just got use to playing them. there should be a reward for time left. in ds the other week i played a silver chest and it didn't even start, said that it wasn't ready and today i played one but got nothing, in azteca
different games reflecting the world might be nice ad rewards reflecting same

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
I'd like to see more mini games playable in Silver Chests. I would also like to see the rewards double. There should also be Golden Chests. It only makes sense.

-Nicholas Hawkspear level 90

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
I like to get Silver Chests all the time... it urges me to see what I'll get, and I like to play Shock-a-Lock.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2011
To be honest i like the silver chest games but i wish it was different games and win better prizes for more difficult games.

JACOB LOTUS lvl 44 wizard.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2011
I love the silver chests. The game is easy but fun and super-quick and the gold and reagent drops are helpful! Would love if they offered cool 'surprise' drops though, then I would never, ever pass one by. I stop to play any time that I am not too busy to play. :)

Survivor
Jun 10, 2013
After 3 or 4 moves the timer runs out and I'm just left frustrated. Not worth the stress when I'm here to have fun.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2011
I always play them when I see them. I guess l like the challenge of it. I try to make different patterns and see how many pipes I can place before the timer runs out. I do think that there should be better prizes in the silver chests. Would make it more rewarding.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2010
I play them but I mostly have been passing them up lately. The same game does get boring but most of the time I get a better reward out of a regular chest. Most of the time I have to wait for the dragon to hatch because I am already done.

Survivor
Oct 20, 2009
To be honest, I really just pass by now. I used to ALWAYS try to find them, but the game seems a bit hard. I only get half way done with it when the timer goes out, and when I do win I only get around 75 Gold. I would love for a variety of new games, that are picked randomly. You can still have the old one, but It would be fun for new ones to pop-up once and awhile.

I know just go around, do a bunch of quests, and try to get as many pets as I can hold. I love pets! :D

~ Logan NightShard

Survivor
Feb 13, 2011
If they had different games you could choose from it would be a lot more fun and I would open them more often.

Survivor
Aug 29, 2009
I have absolutely NO IDEA how a silver chest works. I've tried a few times. Time for something different.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2011
I played them with my other wizards but with my new balance wiz I've tried them and got nothing ( it said I won but there was no reward given ) so now I just pass them by. They turned out to be a waste of time and a rip off.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I do play the chests, but only sometimes. The minigame is just too easy and the rewards could be better.

Survivor
May 08, 2013
When I first started playing I found the shock-the-lock game very hard. I have gotten much better at it. I would like to see more of a variety of games with the silver chests. I think it would incise more players to collect them. Also if they had better rewards. There was one time I collected both a silver chest and wooden chest one right after the other and the wooden chest gave me a better reward. I think if we go through all the trouble to play the game you should get way better rewards than what you can get in a wooden chest.

Survivor
Sep 17, 2010
i stop most of the time but in the level80 zone it dont seem to be worth it nee dto make the amount high gold wize and what not need to make more stuff for higher level worth way more anyways i am so sick of never having gold to by stuff in AT cause stuff sells for 800k

Survivor
Apr 26, 2012
I will stop and try to get the prize but never seem to acquire the skill to do so, lol! I being of the older generation just can't keep up with that darn timer, and sometimes I just quit because I get frustrated.
But I will keep on trying with the best my OLD abilities will allow. ~^..^~

Survivor
Jan 22, 2011
Professor Falmea on Sep 27, 2013 wrote:
Hello Wizards! It's Friday again (funny how that happens), so it's time to do our weekly poll!

Today, let's chat about Silver Chests. Some Wizards stop for those shiny chests no matter what else is going on, but some just pass them by. This week we want to know what motivates you to either play or continue on. Do you love Shock-a-lock? Are you tired of it? Would you rather have more variety in the type of minigame offered, or do you have more important things to do.

Please vote on the poll, and discuss below.

Have a wonderful weekend, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
I would like to see some other type of game besides the same one over and over again.does get a little boring after awhile.

Defender
May 11, 2012
I usually play the silver chests. I keep hoping that I will be surprised and get a great reward, but I never do.
I mean, I don't expect to get something great every time I play, but a chance once in a while to be surprised with something a little different, like a one-day temporary mount or something, would be a nice change.

Survivor
Mar 23, 2011
Sometimes I do play, sometimes I pass them by. I go in waves as when I do play it seems the reward is but a few gold pieces and something like a shell and/or a treasure card like sniper or imp. While the low level school cards can be used to make a pet snack, most things you get are really unusable. I think it would be more interesting to have a CHANCE for something rare -- a snack or mega snack, a TC like sharpened blade or a housing item.
I don't mind the repetition but it does seem an anticlimactic pursuit that takes me away from the game quests (especially when I get a shell. yuk!).

Survivor
Nov 14, 2009
Honestly, I love the silver chests.. I love the shock-a-lock game.. What I would change is the better quality of prizes for the game. I don't think it would be bad to add a variety of games, but make it random so you don't know what game you will play before clicking on the chest.

Survivor
Dec 05, 2011
games take long time and rewards are poor so i don't play

Survivor
Jun 17, 2010
I feel the same as Kelsey. I used to do them when I saw them, but they just aren't worth the time anymore, especially when you are a higher level wizard. If the rewards were better, I might play, but as it is now, I can get better items via questing or farming.