Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dungeon Cooldowns

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 15, 2009
first i want to explain why i think this is a good idea, and why i believe it is now about time for this kind of limitation.

#1: It would stop those from entering in, getting in on the fight circle, and then, leaving someone to die only to do it to another person

#2: many MMOs i have played have taken this stance to allow the serious player to find like minded people who are interested in fighting at the higher levels without this problem.

#3: there is a lot more time involved in these high level dungeons then a few other MMOs i have played, it is not like we are downing a pile of skellitons, healing the tank, and DPSing the boss, and are out in less then 30-45 inutes, these fights are more theatrical, and take the time to down the opponents with lusture

the ideas here for a "sigel que" would much improve things i think, the game is far larger then it used to be

how is the list? i would like to hear what others have to say also

(list in order of players entering)

(1 person)
solo entry, opperates like it does now, to honor the lone wolf trying their hand at a challenge

(2 person)
#1: at the end of the 10 second timer, a screen pops up, asking for a ready check, possibly a name and school icon like in arena, if one declines, the "que" is over and no entry is performed.
#2: if the que IS performed and one of them flees out, that player is issued a cooldown, and the other can flee also without a cooldown

(3 person)
#1: (see 2 person #1)
#2: like the 2 person method, if one bails out, the other 2 should be able to flee and find their 3rd person, the person who fled gets a cooldown

(4 person)
#1: (again, all must check they are ready to enter the dungeon)
#2: the first 2 to flee get a cooldown, the others can exit safly and find 2 more people if needed

(other notes)

if ANYONE enters the sigel, they are grouped and cannot jump on or off and quickly ditch the timer and steal a space from someone, or force a group to be a player short, they can claim they are not ready also if teamed with a group they did not like.

also if they do it to many times, they get a mini cooldown like 1 or 2 minutes, so the team entering can make their team without hassel

i think that the dungeon flee cooldown should be 15 to 30 minutes, any real life reason usually for fleeing a dungeon seems to fit this time frame.

ty for reading, and let KI know what you think about this, the game is to big now, and is becoming a nessesary evil we need to see now more then ever at these higher level dungeons where those going in are putting down a lot more time

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Sometimes players die and no one heals them. Other times, whole groups die off and need to come back in. Would these players be penalized too?

Explorer
Jun 08, 2012
Lucas Rain on Sep 13, 2013 wrote:
Sometimes players die and no one heals them. Other times, whole groups die off and need to come back in. Would these players be penalized too?
He said if they flee, so yes. That would need to be changed.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
And what about those of us that mark, port out or flee and then port back in, as agreed upon by the group? This is hardly fair, although I do agree that something should be done, this isn't it.

Explorer
Jun 15, 2009
Lucas Rain on Sep 13, 2013 wrote:
dying off and coming back, good point, if also the dungeons "reserved" that uuid dungeon (unique instance), then anyone entering and coming back no matter the realm also would pull them to the groups dungeon from any realm they had been placed on.

but if they like log out, it resets anyway, if this method was used, there could be a cooldown. but they would have to leave the group or be away also for let's say 10 minutes, AND should be allowed to port to a group member, this should be possible, in the event they need to go for a mana run in a main area and port back in.

(current dungeon issues, in game)

#1: cannot port to group members

#2 known issues are still here where you can't port back into some dungeons you have entered, and must enter through the door again. this also causes resets when entering on another realm and another "zone".

possible fix
uuid cue to dungeon (you belong to that dungeon no matter where you enter it from)
also you can log out or leave through door to reset dungeons currently, so this would help 1-4 people in that dungeon safly get back in without fear of a "alternate dungeon" (entered another realm/zone's dungeon and not the one you where in)

note:

but fleeing on death SHOULD be ok, and people do go through this and walk back in all the timei in many dungeons, this should be an exeption and should NEVER trigger a cool down

ty Lucas, i kinda missed this part lol, what do you think though?