Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Skip Animations option !

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 20, 2010
Hello all !

This game really (really) needs a skip animations option ! It would save SO much time it's almost impossible thinking about it ! We've all seen the same spell animations thousand of times and to be able to just cast the spell without seeing the animations again and again and again would be awesome (that's not even the word to describe it!) Off course if some player wants to see it then it would go normally but if everyone wishes to skip then spare us the spells that re-do the same animation 4 times because there is 4 players in the fight !

In my opinion, this would greatly improve the game and it would make ALOT of players happy especially since quite often there are unwanted, useless fights that you get because you get aggroed off nearby mobs or something. The first time a player is confronted by a new spell, let the animation roll normally but after that PLZ give us the option to skip the animations, it takes forever !

At least find a way to make it much faster, example, (unicorn) show the animation once and bang everyone is healed ! Don;t show it bending down to every player, it's in my opinion a waste of time! (this being the same with a lot of spells btw, some a lot worse than the unicorn spell which isn't That long).

Let me know what you think, Hope that I see this option one day, KI would really be in my heart for this, lol !

Have fun people !

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
What is the fun of clicking on a spell and seeing the number of damage points hit your enemy? Spell Animation is one of the biggest things in this game. That's kinda like saying why don't we just make the new world pitch black (no design) and have wizards open their map to choose where to go (by clicking on that place), that would save time too.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
I think this is a great idea, there wouldn't be any more hour long fights XD.

The only problem is that if it's optional, some people might not use it. What would happen if one person in your battle isn't using it but you are? You would have to wait for the animation to be done in their game or else the timing for turns would get messed up. Then it would be useless if one person kept animations on and people would get mad at them for slowing down the fight.

It might cause problems if there are multiple people in battle but maybe it could be used for solo battles only?

Not really sure if KI would be up for this since they put so much time and effort into making the animations look amazing. It would still be nice to see though even if you can only use it under certain conditions.

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
But then we wouldn't know what spell they cast, and throughout the battle we'd be looking at numbers instead of cool animations.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
HikaruMidomiya on Aug 31, 2013 wrote:
Hello all !

This game really (really) needs a skip animations option ! It would save SO much time it's almost impossible thinking about it ! We've all seen the same spell animations thousand of times and to be able to just cast the spell without seeing the animations again and again and again would be awesome (that's not even the word to describe it!) Off course if some player wants to see it then it would go normally but if everyone wishes to skip then spare us the spells that re-do the same animation 4 times because there is 4 players in the fight !

In my opinion, this would greatly improve the game and it would make ALOT of players happy especially since quite often there are unwanted, useless fights that you get because you get aggroed off nearby mobs or something. The first time a player is confronted by a new spell, let the animation roll normally but after that PLZ give us the option to skip the animations, it takes forever !

At least find a way to make it much faster, example, (unicorn) show the animation once and bang everyone is healed ! Don;t show it bending down to every player, it's in my opinion a waste of time! (this being the same with a lot of spells btw, some a lot worse than the unicorn spell which isn't That long).

Let me know what you think, Hope that I see this option one day, KI would really be in my heart for this, lol !

Have fun people !
I like the idea, but it's not really fair to KI because they put a lot of time into the animations.

-Molly who wants to be a level 90 but is a level 77

Defender
Dec 27, 2011
That could be a good idea but I'm not going to use the skip animation option.

Antonio, Level 50 Grandmaster Pyromancer

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I totally agree, especially with the AoE spells. Rain of Fire, Frost Lord, Sirens, etc, make them do the main animation once, effect all players and be done with it. The easiest way to accomplish this, as has been suggested before, is to make servers that don't show the extended animations. This way, most people will see all animations, but those of us who choose to have a faster paced game, can choose those servers

Survivor
Jan 20, 2010
Hey again !

Soup you don't seem to be understanding my idea very well, the animation would start, you would see what spell is being cast but then just press space bar (or skip animation option) to skip the rest. So other than waiting for 30 seconds you would only wait for like 3,4 seconds and bang, next mob, next player's turn (or boss).

It would be the same as with NPC"s messages, at first your read them all then you just (eventually) just press space bar to skip skip skip come on make it faster thank you !

Just take the frost giant animation for example, it takes forever especially when you're 4 players in the fight, there he comes, swing, swing bang, next player swing swing bang, 3 eons later the attack ends and the other mobs/bosses/players play their spells thus making it very long for nothing.

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't mind seeing what spell is being cast and then skip skip skip here damage dealt, next plz !

That's the idea here, to make things a lot more pleasant and faster.

Hope this explains it a bit more.

Peace !

Historian
May 28, 2009
It does not really matter what the reason is, whether is it that it takes a long time or it is boring, the main reason that we can't skip animation is to keep the game fair.

Because if the animation is purely aesthetic, we could just skip it, but it is there also to make sure everybody have the same difficulty since if you can skip everything, in harder areas, you can just skip the animation of everything if you have a defeat quest which then maybe there's only one creature that you are battling, you can win before the second one arrives which tones down the difficulty of the game unintentionally. That would not be fair for players who doesn't skip the animation and have to fight both enemies at the same time.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
HikaruMidomiya on Aug 31, 2013 wrote:
Hello all !

Have fun people !
That's a very interesting idea, I think that when you are doing PVP, this option should not be available. Because, if one wizard has this option on, and the other off, the timing would be different and that would be a little confusing. But I agree on this, I think there should be an option in your spell book when you our doing 1v1 non-pvp combat. But other than that, I can't see that becoming a possible option.

Alyssa SplarkleGlen- Lvl 48 Ice

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
icemasterrr on Sep 2, 2013 wrote:
That's a very interesting idea, I think that when you are doing PVP, this option should not be available. Because, if one wizard has this option on, and the other off, the timing would be different and that would be a little confusing. But I agree on this, I think there should be an option in your spell book when you our doing 1v1 non-pvp combat. But other than that, I can't see that becoming a possible option.

Alyssa SplarkleGlen- Lvl 48 Ice
and this is where servers that skip animation come into play. Give us the option in our options menu to either join animation free servers or not to. THen it becomes our choice, and anybody on those servers all have the same options and problem solved

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
I don't see why thirty seconds of an animation is such a HUGE sacrifice. I honestly don't really like this idea. But that's MY opinion. I think I'm entitled to my own opinions.