Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Idea- Spell Notes!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 25, 2009
Spell notes are special magical notes that are written on your spell cards to make them more powerful. This is a manipulative technique that has been created through hard work of the professors! These spell notes are dropped from bosses, bought from the crown shop (300-500 crowns depending on the note) or can even be crafted.

Here's an example:

Lets take meteor shower, a handy spell for pyromancers when it comes to making quick work of mobs. Meteor Shower does 300-345 damage to all enemies. Now, I'll use a spell note to turn Meteor Shower into Advanced Meteor Shower! Now, instead of meteor shower doing just 300-345 damage to all enemies, it also adds a 15% chance of inflicting smoke screen (-40% accuracy in this case) to all enemies. Cool, right??

Please let me know what you think of this concept, and come up with your own spell notes (Don't limit yourself, spell notes can do all sorts of crazy things to your spells!)

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
I like this idea and heres a few ideas for level 58 spell notes for you.
Very rarely efreet has a 5% (or less) chance to trigger a stun and place a 800 dmg DoT.
A idea for a ra one would be, has a chance of 5% (or less) to randomly place a -50% accuracy buff on all enemies and give tower shields to all allies.
Leviathan one could be a random chance of triggering a 500 heal to self, 200 to allies, -20% to target you hit.
Forest lord would have a rare chance of triggering a 350 heal to all allies, and a life DoT to all enemies for 400 dmg.
Snow angel one would have a random chance of triggering a 450 dmg blizzard and putting legion shield to allies.
Skeleton dragon would sometimes randomly deal a extra 500 damage and randomly activate a 450 dmg scarecrow to the target/or you get healed for 500 HP instead of the scarecrow.
Medusa would sometimes before stunning place a myth DoT for 500 dmg, heal you for 300 dmg, place a 30% shield on self too. And they all have like a 5% (prob less) chance of activating.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
KorekuEternal on Jul 15, 2013 wrote:
Spell notes are special magical notes that are written on your spell cards to make them more powerful. This is a manipulative technique that has been created through hard work of the professors! These spell notes are dropped from bosses, bought from the crown shop (300-500 crowns depending on the note) or can even be crafted.

Here's an example:

Lets take meteor shower, a handy spell for pyromancers when it comes to making quick work of mobs. Meteor Shower does 300-345 damage to all enemies. Now, I'll use a spell note to turn Meteor Shower into Advanced Meteor Shower! Now, instead of meteor shower doing just 300-345 damage to all enemies, it also adds a 15% chance of inflicting smoke screen (-40% accuracy in this case) to all enemies. Cool, right??

Please let me know what you think of this concept, and come up with your own spell notes (Don't limit yourself, spell notes can do all sorts of crazy things to your spells!)
That's a great idea!!!!!!! Add this!!!

Survivor
Apr 12, 2011
Cool, here is my spell note.

-Deep Freeze:

-Only Ice spells can be used with this

-Effect: 50% chance to stun enemy for 3 rounds

-Cost: 500 crowns

Ryan SoulShard Magus , second , third

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
Flaming Thunder on Jul 19, 2013 wrote:
Cool, here is my spell note.

-Deep Freeze:

-Only Ice spells can be used with this

-Effect: 50% chance to stun enemy for 3 rounds

-Cost: 500 crowns

Ryan SoulShard Magus , second , third
Very nice! I also thought of one related to this

Harsh Shatter

Only works with Myth Spells, adds a 50% chance to remove 1 shield each round, a 20% chance of shattering two per round.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I LOVE the concept of leveling up your spells. Giving them extra effects and the like.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
If these were allowed to be placed with sun spells, they would be OP. Also, if there was a stun spell note, if you added to medusa, you could stun the opponent for a very long time. I think that if this were implemented, you would not be able to put sun spells and spell notes on the same card.

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
Aaron SpellThief on Jul 19, 2013 wrote:
If these were allowed to be placed with sun spells, they would be OP. Also, if there was a stun spell note, if you added to medusa, you could stun the opponent for a very long time. I think that if this were implemented, you would not be able to put sun spells and spell notes on the same card.
I actually think these should be sun spells. Similar to how we got class star spells.

Survivor
Oct 27, 2012
I doubt any of you guys played toon town before, but this kinda reminds me of farming gags!

Furthermore I love this idea!
One Myth idea would be when summoning minions there is a 25% chance 2 minions will be formed!

Survivor
Jan 27, 2013
Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Sounds like an extension of sun spells - enchantments that do more than just boost damage and accuracy.

Vehemence (Sun spell) - adds a smokescreen to existing spell. When this spell is cast, it places a -50% accuracy charm on the target(s) in addition to its normal effect.

Intimidation - adds a life dispel to existing spell. When this spell is cast, it places a life dispel on the target(s) in addition to its normal effect.

Sabotage - adds a mana burn to existing spell. (A sun spell this obnoxious should only be obtained by soloing a gauntlet of 13 rooms full of Cipactlis and Luskas)

Explorer
Feb 05, 2011
Awesome idea! They should add that in the game. I think is should cost a lot of gold though. About 5000 gold.