Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Regent Amber

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
I have several wizards spread all over the spiral, and several were gardening. I planted silver trumpet vines, and some of the other plants that were to drop amber but after several crops, no amber not one amber to speak of. So I stop gardening and watched my regent drops when fights ended, I have not seen one amber drop in any fight I have been in for several weeks.
This is why I stop gardening and crafting, the items you will need to complete a quest are not there. Several weeks of playing and not one regent of amber to speak of and this is why. Game needs to make it possible for players to get these items, or just stop saying they are there and say where they are, I planted all the plants the teacher said would drop amber, but still no amber. Leaves me wondering if Amber really exists.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2010
Amber is one of the rarest regent drops in the spiral. There are basically a few ways too get it. 1. Buy lots of packs that have a chance of them dropping that regent, and hope your lucky enough to get it( its only like 2% of getting it, really rare). 2. Garden plants that can drop it( I think King Parsley is the best for amber drops). 3. Collect amber dust and transmute it into amber. Or 4. See if there are any bosses that drop it. Yes I do know Amber is very hard too collect. Yet, it's needed for so many craft able things. Wish you the best of luck!

Winter Wolf

Taylor Rose-90

Taylor StormBreaker-90

Taylor SilverHeart-50

Taylor HawkEyes-14(Overlord)

Taylor NightSong-35

Taylor IceShard-20

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
you could try the bazaar. they have the best chance of have amber

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
2x4 two step on Jul 7, 2013 wrote:
I have several wizards spread all over the spiral, and several were gardening. I planted silver trumpet vines, and some of the other plants that were to drop amber but after several crops, no amber not one amber to speak of. So I stop gardening and watched my regent drops when fights ended, I have not seen one amber drop in any fight I have been in for several weeks.
This is why I stop gardening and crafting, the items you will need to complete a quest are not there. Several weeks of playing and not one regent of amber to speak of and this is why. Game needs to make it possible for players to get these items, or just stop saying they are there and say where they are, I planted all the plants the teacher said would drop amber, but still no amber. Leaves me wondering if Amber really exists.
Well it can be found in these plants.
Deadly Ninja Fig
King Parsley
Red Bell Pepper
Red Huckleberries
and White Tiger Lily.
It can also be found in the packs.
Keeper's Lore Pack
Pharaoh's Hoard Pack
Phoenix Hoard Pack
Shaman's Lore Pack
Skyvern's Hoard Pack
They are all 399 crowns. If your a pvp person you can get it for 5000 tickets.
If your a Legendary Crafter you can get the transmute for it.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
--> I believe amber does not drop from any bosses or available from the bazaar. I believe it is only available from gardening.

--> When recently gardening King Parsley I tracked the elder harvests for a while. I got 20 amber from 420 elder harvests. Other plants may have a higher drop rate. Based on other people's posts the drop rate might have changed from previous years, but I don't know.

--> The drops of amber from plants is a random process. Random processes do not exhibit uniform distributions over time. Rather they exhibit "clumping". I had a streak of 85 elder harvests with no amber. Some people report streaks of over 100. I have also received 3 amber within 15 harvests. This is very typical of random processes.

--> Gardening for amber is a numbers game. More plants you got, the higher probability you will get an amber drop.

Happy Wizarding

Survivor
Mar 04, 2012
Amber is rare reagent obtained through gardening, with the emphasis on rare. From a plot of forty King Parsley plants, I may get one amber from the final harvest. I don't recall off hand if there are any creatures that drop it, but would not expect it to be a very rewarding method to obtain it. My bag would fill up with drops before I would get one amber (from all the seed I have stored - help us KI).

Regardless, there are actually few recipes that require amber. Unfortunately, those few are for spells that are in high demand. These, and other recipes, are not required to play the game generally. However, if you want these things, you either have to spend the time to obtain the reagents, or spend a lot of crowns buying the card packs and hoping you get the spell you want.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
The ONLY way to obtain amber is through gardening. Silver trumpet vines do not drop amber. A few of the plants that drop amber at elder are King Parsley and Deadly Ninja Figs. You can find a complete list on wizard101central.

Defender
Sep 09, 2011
2x4 two step on Jul 7, 2013 wrote:
Hi there.

Only advice i can give you is to plant 20 Elvis plants in circle ( enough to cast prevent pest spell for 48 hours ) and keep doing that. So far i have 8 amber regents and that come from 60 Elvis plants. Its very long process so just plant them do pest control every 2 days and harvest them cause at elder they give you seed back. If you didnt learn all garden spells like medium or large area casting of rain, sun or music you will need that. I hope i helped little.

Michael BlueBright, Myth Conjurer, Level 90, Technomancer
" Let the force be with you "

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Myth Jedi on Jul 8, 2013 wrote:
Hi there.

Only advice i can give you is to plant 20 Elvis plants in circle ( enough to cast prevent pest spell for 48 hours ) and keep doing that. So far i have 8 amber regents and that come from 60 Elvis plants. Its very long process so just plant them do pest control every 2 days and harvest them cause at elder they give you seed back. If you didnt learn all garden spells like medium or large area casting of rain, sun or music you will need that. I hope i helped little.

Michael BlueBright, Myth Conjurer, Level 90, Technomancer
" Let the force be with you "
In a standard single-level circle shaped garden you can easily fit 32 King Parsely. 36 if you are really good at positioning the gardening spells (but I'm not). Of course you want your entire garden to fit inside the spell circle.

With a bit of research you can place many more King Parsley in a garden. I found the optimal number for easy spell casting and long-term maintenance is 58. Plant your seeds in batches so they don't all harvest at the same time (otherwise reseeding takes too much energy). Create several of these and you are well on your way to getting more amber and wealth than you can handle. Create only one garden outside each house.

~ RH

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Chris MythFriend on Jul 7, 2013 wrote:
Well it can be found in these plants.
Deadly Ninja Fig
King Parsley
Red Bell Pepper
Red Huckleberries
and White Tiger Lily.
It can also be found in the packs.
Keeper's Lore Pack
Pharaoh's Hoard Pack
Phoenix Hoard Pack
Shaman's Lore Pack
Skyvern's Hoard Pack
They are all 399 crowns. If your a pvp person you can get it for 5000 tickets.
If your a Legendary Crafter you can get the transmute for it.
I just want to confirm that you can get Amber from the Packs, I have gotten two from Shamans lore pack.

Defender
Sep 09, 2011
I was just giving advice which works for me so far i got crafted shield from azteca crafting quest, Goat Monk spell and Keeper of Flame spell i guess i am lucky one lol. I garden now for fun of it and to pile amber for next world. And yea that research you have i knew my friend does only garden she is pro at it i ported to her garden once it was insane hehe now she has to write dates on paper to keep track. I dont want to log in game just for plants lol Mirror lake and few dungeons are my style.

Thx for info i hope it helps someone else then me