Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help On Leveling!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 29, 2011
Hello,
Right now my Wizard is level 48 and started Celestia. I've noticed that Celestia is a little hard for my current level. I was wondering if you could give me some advice on leveling. I've been looking EVERYWHERE for quests, but they aren't always easy to come by. I don't do side quests often, at all really. If you know of any areas that offer high experience, or at least a good amount of experience, then please tell me! I am in the school of Balance!

Jack DarkBlade, Master Wizard

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Jack DarkBlade on Jun 17, 2013 wrote:
Hello,
Right now my Wizard is level 48 and started Celestia. I've noticed that Celestia is a little hard for my current level. I was wondering if you could give me some advice on leveling. I've been looking EVERYWHERE for quests, but they aren't always easy to come by. I don't do side quests often, at all really. If you know of any areas that offer high experience, or at least a good amount of experience, then please tell me! I am in the school of Balance!

Your problem lies in not doing side quests. I did plenty of side quests and entered Celestia at about level 54. I found that it wasn't too difficult if I kept up with all the side quests. Do this and you'll either be okay, or even a bit overleveled. (Which is perfectly fine. I was overleveled when I started Celestia, and, quite frankly, if I hadn't been I would have had one tough time there.)

Other than that I recommend completing your quests to level up.

Scarlet Nightdreamer, level 89 Diviner
Alura Unicornglade, level 45 Thaumaturge

Explorer
Jun 12, 2011
Hello,

as a fellow balance wizard, my advice is to do one or all of the following:

go back and do your side quests.

my balance wizard does every quest, main and side; my other 5 stick to the main arc only~ as a result, balance progresses slower through the storyline, but she levels up faster and was level 52 by the time she got to celestia.

work on wintertusk first.

my death wizard struggled with celestia when he entered at level 48, so i shipped him off to wintertusk (which gives better xp) and brought him back to celestia at level 62. you must be level 45 or higher and have completed grizzleheim through ravenscar.

find the best gear available for your level.

this ties in with #2~ at your level, the wintertusk crafted gear (level 56+) is better than anything you will find in the bazaar or as drops.you must be level 56 or higher and a grandmaster artisan to craft this gear.

if you need to, buy back your training points....and use them for the astral spells in the celestia base camp; you must be level 52 or higher. this transaction costs crowns.

Hope this helps!

-v.

90 and
32 and

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
You answered your own question.
Side quests.
If you don't want to be underleveled when entering a world, do the side quests that are available.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Hello,

Side quests in Mooshu and Dragonspyre will 'pay off' better than previous worlds. There are a few in Marleybone if you haven't done them. Have you done Crab Alley? Grizzleheim so you can progress on to Wintertusk?

Survivor
May 29, 2011
Thanks for your answers, I'm finishing up most all the worlds I have unlocked before continuing in Celestia!

Survivor
Dec 10, 2010
Wintertusk and side quests.Wintertusk is the best and fastest way to level a wizard it gives you awesome exp. points