Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

can't wait...

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 17, 2012
I wonder what the storm bosses are like in Azteca... i can barely get past the storm bosses in Zafaria!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
the mythonator on Jun 2, 2013 wrote:
I wonder what the storm bosses are like in Azteca... i can barely get past the storm bosses in Zafaria!
We must learn to shield, something I avoided until Azteca - either train Ice to Tower shield like we did on our Storm wizard or buy treasure cards of them are a good option.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Azteca is not something to be excited for

Take your time with ZF and AV because once you get to Azteca, you will just wanna be back there again.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
wizardrokz on Jun 4, 2013 wrote:

Take your time with ZF and AV because once you get to Azteca, you will just wanna be back there again.

So true - these are the thoughts I have currently and we are only in the first area. It will get to the point where it is ahead of us though and we will have to start new wizards again. So far we have not managed to drag one wizard all the way though AZ - a few are sitting out there stuck on battles that we can not complete.

It just gets to a point where it's not what I intended when I joined the game and I quit. What little part of my brain I devote to game strategy doesn't give me enough information to learn the strategy needed to do this world - I barely get though Avalon.

Explorer
Nov 05, 2011
It isn't that bad just train shields. By the time you get to Azteca you have to really adjust your playing style. You can't just rely on your resist and healing to survive a fight you need shields, shields, shields.

I also no longer have one set of gear that I quest in. I have a specific set I use for storm (80 percent storm resist, but practically zip of other schools). The gear in Azteca can be mixed and matched to give almost 80 percent for any specific school.

Don't worry about it until you get there, and it isn't as bad as people say, I was still able to solo most of it. (No henchmen). I did need help on the second Belloq but that is because you have to attack every round and that ice minion doesn't just stand there.

Calamity PixieShade, level 90

Explorer
Feb 29, 2012
I am a balance promethean who just got to twin giants and I have found that as has chimera I just stack my blades and hit the myth boss. But altogether Azteca is a very annoying world weather it is the grim calaca(wow), the cheating bosses with way too much health, belloq, and a lot more of annoying things just have fun in zf and av because they in my mind are the fun worlds. also don't rely on resist cause all opponents have pierce and very high block and critical so take your time and worry about it until you get there.

Keelan sun vault promethean

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
the mythonator on Jun 2, 2013 wrote:
Well, to start off, Rank 13 Elites can have more health than Zafaria bosses, so that may be a challenge since you are having trouble with storm bosses in Zafaria. Storm bosses in Azteca are known to have 20,000+ health and a lot have mastery amulets (they do not drop, they use), Even the spirits in Floating Mountains are challenging and they are only Rank 13 Elites, the spirits can cast storm owl, enfeeble, and sirens, so Rank 13 storm bosses may also be a challenge when they pierce and when they have full pips (which is usually the first too rounds of combat).

Adam Wintersinger Level 90 Thaumaturge Lord of the Falling Sky

Wolf Strongbright Level 80 Theurgist Armiger

Luke Dragonblood Level 40 Sorcerer Hero of Marleybone

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
Shield Blade Shield Blade 8 Pip (Or 7 pip Aoe) Shield Heal Shield Blade Shield Blade shield shield Hit Blade, Shield blade shield shield feint Nuke Dead. I never had a problem with these bosses, i trained ice and weakness early on then satyr because i needed them for pvp (Just turns out, They help Much more than a second school in the later worlds)

It takes a balanced deck.
6 Aoe
2 Nuke
5 Encahnts
Enough heals one shows in Every Hand
Shields
About 50 cards ish

Explorer
Jun 12, 2011

^^^
this.

after putting it off for about 3 weeks, my archmage diviner just finished avalon and is currently in three points... sestiva is my third wizard to go there, and, though she soloed almost all of avalon, storm does not have the resist, health, or block that's required to survive in azteca... to be quite honest, i'm dreading it

if you are not a hardcore gamer, azteca is a soul-sucking pit of horribleness.

it's a lot of grinding for little or no reward, and is the kind of world that requires you to have a perfect pet and crowns for henchmen (since there are many 3-on-1 quests where help from friends is not an option), and where we are forced to use a pvp mindset in pve... let's just say that von would much rather sacrifice herself to the crafting gods for all of eternity than go through that torture again.

also worth noting: unless you are life, ice, or death, you will likely need at least one other person around at all times. a myth mastery amulet is pretty much the only option for balance, as casting shatter as frequently as is required without one is just a waste of pips and time; i made it through without one, but solo battles took me twice as long for it.

my balance wizard also died 29 times trying to get her level 88 spell, until i finally relented and spent the crowns for a hench-creature. that battle was 10x longer and more tedious than it needed to be~ the bosses and mobs (balance and 2 ice minions) had steroid health, started with full pips, and spammed shields the entire time; this is abusive to balance-wizardkind, for several reasons:

1) we have no way to break shields~ between mr. boss spamming his tri-shields and ice towering every other turn, i couldn't spam shatter fast enough to keep up (since it costs me 6 pips to shatter without a mastery amulet). it's either waste the pips and hope for a clean hit, or attack at -50% for the entire fight.

2) there is only so much space in the sideboard for off-school tc, given that we can only use them once.

3) oh, and good luck getting the pips to shatter (or do anything else, really)~ mr. boss loves his mana burn.

(thank ambrose my necromancer's avenging fossil quest was so much easier~ it took him only one attempt, and he was done within a half-hour.)

oh yeah, and most bosses have mastery amulets... so you pack your deck for a life boss, and all of a sudden they're chain-stunning and throwing storm lords at you. and, of course, you can't properly prepare because there's no way to know who's wearing which amulet.

for the casual gamer, azteca is work without benefits or a paycheck. every time i go there, i die a little inside... and not because my undead boy-friend is actively trying to kill me. lol.

-von

90 and
31 and

Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
Azteca means you're almost ready to beat the boss...
Keep working on your worlds. In a few moments of time, you will beat the game.
Keep it UP!

Defender
Jun 17, 2012
thanks for the suggestions. I just got into Avalon a couple weeks ago. by the way who is the final boss of Avalon?

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
the mythonator on Jun 30, 2013 wrote:
thanks for the suggestions. I just got into Avalon a couple weeks ago. by the way who is the final boss of Avalon?
The black and white dragons are

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Adam Wintersinger on Jun 12, 2013 wrote:
Well, to start off, Rank 13 Elites can have more health than Zafaria bosses, so that may be a challenge since you are having trouble with storm bosses in Zafaria. Storm bosses in Azteca are known to have 20,000+ health and a lot have mastery amulets (they do not drop, they use), Even the spirits in Floating Mountains are challenging and they are only Rank 13 Elites, the spirits can cast storm owl, enfeeble, and sirens, so Rank 13 storm bosses may also be a challenge when they pierce and when they have full pips (which is usually the first too rounds of combat).

Adam Wintersinger Level 90 Thaumaturge Lord of the Falling Sky

Wolf Strongbright Level 80 Theurgist Armiger

Luke Dragonblood Level 40 Sorcerer Hero of Marleybone
Customers who liked taking unblocked crit levys first turn going second, also liked twin giants and Huracan.

Defender
Jun 17, 2012

I was being sarcastic when I said I couldn't wait.