Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What death spell would you rather have?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 12, 2010
(Rank 100)

Hi! These are my death spells that I would want to have, which one would you?

Omen: A moon comes out and it has red eyes on it and then the eyes move to the right slowly, and then a figure bursts out with the red eyes and it has a sword riding a dark crow and lets out a blood-curdling scream (Like the pet) and it then slashes down on the opponent dealing 1100 damage and 300 over time. (Skeletons are over rated!) 10-12 pips

Reversal: Really effective for PVP. This spell will make a normal healing spell you would have into a damaging spell. For example, if you use Dryad and your supposed to receive 500 health points, this spell would make it so that it damages 500 points. This also includes healing over time. 5 pips

Death Hammer (Different name?)
: A haunted house appears in the middle of the battlefield, and then the camera zooms in on the door and then the door opens, revealing nothing. You then see glowing green eyes and the camera zooms out, revealing the house splintering and coming together to form a hammer and a figure comes out (Don't know what it should be, Skeletons are over rated ) and it grabs the hammer with both hands and slams down on the opponent, dealing 1300 damage. 10-12 pips

Bat Tomb: A cave pops out of the arena and it zooms in on the cave and bats come out of the top, blowing the top off of the cave. They then come down, encircle you, and rise your character off the ground a bit and slams you down. Deals 500 damage and 700 damage over time 10-12 pips. (Better animations anyone?)

Snake King: A crack opens out of the ground and a snake crawls out and then it hisses a really loud sound and then millions of other snakes are coming out the ground and come together to make one giant snake. This snake then spits out a poison and then whips around and stuns the opponent for one round damaging 1200-1300. 10-12 pips.

Risky: This spell has a chance of either giving you a 70% blade *Positive* or gives you a 70% trap on you *Negative* or gives a random opponent a 70% Blade.

My Death spells Hope you enjoyed. I might make other school spells, so stay tuned!

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
While all great ideas, maybe change a couple of them to a sap spell? Maybe Death should get a sap spell that attacks all enemies, like scarecrow, but stronger.
But I do LOVE the animation of Death Hammer.

Survivor
Apr 03, 2011
Bat Tomb or Snake King, are my favorites out of them!

From,
Cheyenne RavenSong

-The journey is the destination

Survivor
Jun 12, 2010
Thanks for your feedback! The reason why I didn't add any sap spells in there are because KI would make their damage really weak, and plus nearly all our spells are sap.

If you want a sap spell, maybe the death hammer could do this:

Death hammer:
*Blah blah blah*, a figure takes the hammer and then one side of the hammer *Side sweep* deals real 600 damage, and the other side *Down hit* deals 700 pure sap. (No half heals ) Better? :D

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
All good spells, but for me, I'd rather see some of the TC spells be made into spells we could learn. Death Seraph would be nice and the death minotaur would be awesome to have.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I primarly use the health stealing spells even though other spells may perform more damage. Wraith and Dr Von allow me to battle almost indefintely (with reshuffle), and allows me to complete battles with full health.

Philosophically I think the health stealing spells are what make death school unique. Heavy damage spells are more like Storm School, and DoT Fire School. (I'm not fond of DoT spells because they prevent the setup of huge hits.)

My Death School Spell Ideas:

1) Reflection of Death: A shield that reflects 50% damage back at the attacker. AoE spells get reflected back at entire enemy team. All the applicable traps, feints, shields, charms on the enemy will be used by the reflected spell. (dangerous because it could wipe out the traps you were applying, so it must be used wisely).

2) Death Knocks Twice: A medium pip and damage spell that hits the enemy twice, similar to the current minotaur spell. Effective when enemy is spamming protective shields.

3) Spectral Ghost: 4 pip spell. Makes your wizard semi-transparent for 2 rounds. Physical attacks pass right through you. Traps, stuns, weakness spells, etc still get you.

Happy Wizarding!

Survivor
Jun 12, 2010
RottenHeart on Mar 19, 2013 wrote:
I primarly use the health stealing spells even though other spells may perform more damage. Wraith and Dr Von allow me to battle almost indefintely (with reshuffle), and allows me to complete battles with full health.

Philosophically I think the health stealing spells are what make death school unique. Heavy damage spells are more like Storm School, and DoT Fire School. (I'm not fond of DoT spells because they prevent the setup of huge hits.)

My Death School Spell Ideas:

1) Reflection of Death: A shield that reflects 50% damage back at the attacker. AoE spells get reflected back at entire enemy team. All the applicable traps, feints, shields, charms on the enemy will be used by the reflected spell. (dangerous because it could wipe out the traps you were applying, so it must be used wisely).

2) Death Knocks Twice: A medium pip and damage spell that hits the enemy twice, similar to the current minotaur spell. Effective when enemy is spamming protective shields.

3) Spectral Ghost: 4 pip spell. Makes your wizard semi-transparent for 2 rounds. Physical attacks pass right through you. Traps, stuns, weakness spells, etc still get you.

Happy Wizarding!
For your Death Knocks Twice animation spell, I would do this:

A wall (two) appears in the middle of the battlefield and once the walls are risen out of the middle, it slams into the player twice.

Seems bland, but it's all I got right now

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Snake king or bat tomb Reversal would be one of those spells millions of non-death students would be complaining about i think, especially with dryad. Say its supposed to hit like, 2000...then reversal.... then critical + blades/traps.... overkill....................reported for "cheating/Spanning" LOL I like your ideas

Survivor
Jun 12, 2010
Stormgem307 on Mar 21, 2013 wrote:
Snake king or bat tomb Reversal would be one of those spells millions of non-death students would be complaining about i think, especially with dryad. Say its supposed to hit like, 2000...then reversal.... then critical + blades/traps.... overkill....................reported for "cheating/Spanning" LOL I like your ideas
Or make the spell/spell user not critical. Plus if your healing you need the healing blades thing, and life wizards barely use those in PVP, or even PVE

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I LOVE the idea for the Reversal spell and it should go both ways (2 separate cards – one for combined health and one for combined attack). I think it should be trainable off-school as well, so every school could take advantage of it. I think it should be applied to ANY damage + health spell. So, for example, instead of Wraith doing 500damage + 250 Health to you, it could do 750 damage or health depending on which way you convert it. All converted spells to heal only, would ONLY affect the caster.

Risky could be changed to simply doing this: In a roulette wheel style (for animation), a pointer goes onto all people, one at a time, and where it settles on, that’s who gets the blade or trap. The blade/trap should be a universal one that can be affected by any spell (like Hex is). Based off of allies per side, is how the random generator should work. If there’s more enemies, then they should have a higher chance of being selected, and then choose which one gets selected. After that is done, then select a blade or trap. Once again, I think the spell shouldn’t be a high pip cost.

I know that’s not what you had in mind, but I think these would make awesome effect spells that could be Sun school spells. I also think both spells should be low pip costing spells; like 0-2 pips max