Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pulled into fights,Walk too close!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 18, 2008
Questing in Vestrilund I was going into Magni's tower and after fighting and lighting the torch I leave and before my screen has time to refresh i'm already in a fight with the Winterbranches walking outside. They walk too close to the building's sigil. it's ridiculous when you can't even leave without just landing back on the sigil, instead you get pulled into a fight when you only have like 800hp left. I understand you guys think it's fun to get us pulled into fight like it makes the game more of a challenge (as if it isn't already) and longer, i mean look how many places you can't walk around in inside of Avalon and Azteca, but it's not fun, it's annoying. the bad guys walk too close to the edge and many times i have had them literally TURN AROUND if I am too close behind them in places like Marleybone. you guys need to move the walking mobs further away form the sigil spots in all of Hrundle Fjord, not just this area. And stop making tree roots and rocks that stick out so far you have to walk into bad guys just to get by in Azteca (and cave walls, see Cenote) and the newer worlds...yesterday I was standing on the sigil at the entrance to a mine and got pulled into the moon zombies, really?!, the game is hard enough and you have to fight the same bad guys over again so many times (please see cloudburst/alto alto quests, it's like you ran out of ideas and said "eh, just have them fight them 2 more times i guess?") that you don't need to trick people into getting into another street fight.

Signed,
Seriously Annoyed.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
BrianNightthief. on Jan 14, 2013 wrote:
Questing in Vestrilund I was going into Magni's tower and after fighting and lighting the torch I leave and before my screen has time to refresh i'm already in a fight with the Winterbranches walking outside. They walk too close to the building's sigil. it's ridiculous when you can't even leave without just landing back on the sigil, instead you get pulled into a fight when you only have like 800hp left. I understand you guys think it's fun to get us pulled into fight like it makes the game more of a challenge (as if it isn't already) and longer, i mean look how many places you can't walk around in inside of Avalon and Azteca, but it's not fun, it's annoying. the bad guys walk too close to the edge and many times i have had them literally TURN AROUND if I am too close behind them in places like Marleybone. you guys need to move the walking mobs further away form the sigil spots in all of Hrundle Fjord, not just this area. And stop making tree roots and rocks that stick out so far you have to walk into bad guys just to get by in Azteca (and cave walls, see Cenote) and the newer worlds...yesterday I was standing on the sigil at the entrance to a mine and got pulled into the moon zombies, really?!, the game is hard enough and you have to fight the same bad guys over again so many times (please see cloudburst/alto alto quests, it's like you ran out of ideas and said "eh, just have them fight them 2 more times i guess?") that you don't need to trick people into getting into another street fight.

Signed,
Seriously Annoyed.
I had no problems with this at all. Sorry. Just like Marleybone, you have to watch how and where the mobs move, what obstacles there are, etc.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2008
RavenLady777 on Jan 14, 2013 wrote:
I had no problems with this at all. Sorry. Just like Marleybone, you have to watch how and where the mobs move, what obstacles there are, etc.
If there were no problem with this there wouldn't be a need to watch how things walk. Additionally you cannot watch where you are walking while you are waiting for the screen to reload when you have just exited a building.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
LuKa said:

"Questing in Vestrilund I was going into Magni's tower and after fighting and lighting the torch I leave and before my screen has time to refresh i'm already in a fight with the Winterbranches walking outside. They walk too close to the building's sigil. it's ridiculous when you can't even leave without just landing back on the sigil, instead you get pulled into a fight..."

Either you are pressing your run forward button too much or KI just fixed this problem. I never experienced this issue with dungeons before, so I camped out front of Magni's tower for quite a while. The Winterbranches don't come very close at all. I sat well outside of the sigils and moved around trying to get pulled in and I never did. I tried the neighboring dungeon entrances too. No issue. The mobs didn't come very close at all.

When moving from one realm to another stop running forward until the new area has loaded. Especially if your internet connection is a bit slow. I remember in Mooshu running along the paths from one village to another if I wasn't paying attention I would run into a mob.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
LuKa is correct about Magni's tower. When you exit there is a chance you may get pulled directly into a battle with the Winterbranches.

My apologies LuKa for doubting you.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2008
RottenHeart on Jan 22, 2013 wrote:
LuKa is correct about Magni's tower. When you exit there is a chance you may get pulled directly into a battle with the Winterbranches.

My apologies LuKa for doubting you.
I was gonna take pictures of things I've seen in zafaria. I just finished Zamunda and when in the outskirts some shaman and greyhound were walking in the middle of the sidewalk that runs down the center to the elementals. Then in the courtyard outside of the bone king guys palace/tomb a shaman was walking the opposite way of everyone else, then turned around when I got close to him. It can't just be coincidence that this happens. Not to mention how in that same courtyard they walk in an oval and u have to press yourself up against the sides and hope to not get caught by a stray when you are walking to talk to themba.

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
Same thing happens when you exit Halfangs cave in Vestrilund, sometimes they pick you off before you have a chance to even think about moving