Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life Wizards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
I'm a level 68 Life Wizard and I have seen a repetitve theme among Life students. There is a clear distinction between Life and all of the other schools in that the others schools can successfully attempt the game alone. They do not require the aide of others to battle. Life Wizards, however, do not truely have this option. We are given fairly weak spells to begin the game with and cannot win battles consecutively and with ease without the help of others. I would not die during battles, but I could not defeat my opponent either. Life and Death are the only Schools, I believe, that are not given a spell early on that can fight multiple enemies at once. This is a clear disadvantage. I could not fight multiple enemies alone easily until I received Forest Lord. I just feel that all Wizards should be given equal oppertunity throughout the game. Thoughts?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
cresentdragon466 on Dec 20, 2012 wrote:
I'm a level 68 Life Wizard and I have seen a repetitve theme among Life students. There is a clear distinction between Life and all of the other schools in that the others schools can successfully attempt the game alone. They do not require the aide of others to battle. Life Wizards, however, do not truely have this option. We are given fairly weak spells to begin the game with and cannot win battles consecutively and with ease without the help of others. I would not die during battles, but I could not defeat my opponent either. Life and Death are the only Schools, I believe, that are not given a spell early on that can fight multiple enemies at once. This is a clear disadvantage. I could not fight multiple enemies alone easily until I received Forest Lord. I just feel that all Wizards should be given equal oppertunity throughout the game. Thoughts?
You can win battles solo and with ease. Use the spells/tools/gear available. Use your life trap and life blade to boost power. I agree that Life can be a challenge because it seems there are more healing spells than 'attack,' but in no way should you have problems even early on.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I have to disagree with you. My life wizard has done very well for the most part. She does require help with the dungeons but solos a lot. Don't get me wrong, I love the Forest lord, but I find that I don't use it as much now in Avalon. I actually use the Centaur more for a much harder hit since it takes less time to buff to hit one of the targets than it does to hit more and reduces the chances of dying. With some of the bosses (11,900 hp), I have managed to hit with 36,000+ once I get rid of his minion (used, Life trap, Spirit Trap, trained Feint, TC Feint, gear Hex(from Amulet), Life Blade, Spirit Blade, Gear Balance Blade(from Amulet). My wizard recently soloed the "Fire Spitter Spawn" (3) at the same time and defeated them after dying the first time trying to use Forest Lord... Yes, I used Centaur and not Forest lord the second time. I used a short deck with only Centaurs, Traps, Spirit Traps, Blades and Spirit Blades and heals ( a must). It is easier to take them out 1 at a time. It takes time to set up, but it can be done.

BTW, I did NOT solo Fire Spitter. There are some I won't even attempt to solo. But some I will and then if I need help, I ask one of my friends if they are on.

Explorer
Jul 23, 2012
Illuminator
May 22, 2009
My first wizard was Life. I mainly soloed most of the game with my Life wizard. I did this long before they shortened the towers in DS and lessened the health of the MoBs in that world. Up until Celestia, the gear for Life wizards are geared towards power pips. Because of this, I was able to cast Centaurs and Seraphs at an alarming rate. Life, sort of like Ice, has staying power. They are not meant to defeat enemies in one hit as does some of the harder hitting schools.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 80 Life
Hannah Legendstalker Level 90 Myth

Defender
Jan 22, 2012
Hmm. Interesting thoughts here.
I can't really give a very true opinion here as I don't have a Life wizard on my account, but I can certainly see where you are coming from. I think that because Fire, Ice, Myth and Balance are all given spells that do damage to all enemies early on, so should the other schools. I'm pretty sure KI are just wanting to put a bit of variety into the spells so they aren't all the same, but there should be some sort of high-strength Life spell that comes earlier on.
Hope I helped!

Sierra Ashblood, Grandmaster Pyromancer

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Remember there is always the option to get a secondary school of magic, I usually use fire on my life in the beginning at least up to meteor.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Altho I totally agree we need an all over spell sooner my life wizard did solo most all the game and as another said it was prior to the shortening up at DS. I did train Death to Feint and once in Celestia started the Sun spells (fists) to boost things even more. I had several blades and traps with gear added.

When I started wizards I didn't know a Life wizard could not complete the game with out help so altho I do think it took longer I did get it done. Currently my Storm in DS is actually being defeated more then my Life wizard was.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Yes, you're right that Life and Death don't get their AoE spells until much later on... but I don't agree with you that it's disadvantageous.

My archmage necromancer made it to Avalon by himself (except for the obvious, like ToTS and Waterworks); I also have a level 42 theurgist in Dragonspyre, who has soloed the game so far and hasn't been defeated in combat since she was just a baby wizard... Some advice:

Effective deck setup: Keeping your deck small ensures that the cards you need will come up when you need them. Tavia's go-to combo: 2 Lifeblades, a trap, and a Seraph or Centaur (and converts, as required); that's usually all it takes to do a number on someone.

Spend the training point for Reshuffle: it comes with a high pip cost for non-Balance wizards (unless you have a mastery amulet), but is still completely worth it.

Look for gear that boosts damage: if you're level 68, chances are that your Waterworks (or Wintertusk crafted) gear is still the best stuff available, but don't be afraid to experiment with different combos.

-

My first wizard was Balance (another supposedly-low-damage "support school"), which I find is a terrible fit for my play-style and that the other 6 schools have a much-easier time... Perhaps Life just isn't a good fit for you.

Each school has its pros and cons, but any school can be powerful in the right hands.

Good luck!
-von

Laura Shadowsong, archmage sorceress
Valerian Deathwhisper, archmage necromancer
Sestiva Stormblade, legendary diviner
Tavia Summershield, master theurgist
Patrick Dreamstalker, adept conjurer
Tara Winterbloom, adept thaumaturge
Angela Nightflame, journeygirl pyyromancer

& the rest of my wizarding family.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
cowstastegood on Dec 20, 2012 wrote:
Ice has even less damage than life so what about them.
If you are not going to post anything constructive, then please don't post at all. People are getting tired of the snarky posts.