Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I cannot get passed the second boss of Khrysalis

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
I am a lvl 92 wizard and I am about to quit Wizard101, I CANNOT get passed the second boss of Khrysalis, I have tried about a good 15 times and sometimes by the time i'm one round away from attacking I get killed, I've tried storm prisms since the spiders are i'm honestly going crazy because I was looking forward to this place and it turned out to be really stressful. This is a game i've been playing since 2012 and now i'm very upset I can't beat the boss I don't know what else to do.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2012
(Mostly) Solo Balance here, I know Balance and Storm are pretty different, but try out my strategies and see how they work:

1) Keep a calculator handy during tough fights. I often use it to see how much damage a spell will do at a given time, which REALLY comes in handy when you need to know how much damage to do to a boss to KO it or when you have a variable-damage spell like Tempest or Judgement.

2) Keep your deck slim. This increases the chance of you drawing the cards you need at any given moment. My main deck (mob fights) consists of just this: 2 Balanceblade, 2 Bladestorm, 2 Sharpened Blade, 2 Ra, 2 Colossal, 1 Fortify, 1 Punishment/Chastisement (depends on the mob's type), 1 Primordial, 1 Availing Hands, 1 Reshuffle. I'll keep some Treasure Cards handy as well, such as Pierce to break Tower Shields or Cleanse Ward in case my foes have spells like Efreet or Death Ninja Pig. Now my boss deck is a bit more stacked, but that's mostly just to accomodate Feints, Hexes, Potent Traps, and a few Judgements.

3) Don't be afraid to use Treasure Cards! They are really handy if you need a certain spell in a pinch. Keep a Siren or Tempest in your sidedeck to use it as soon as you're ready to attack.

4) If you haven't already, I strongly suggest training Ice school up to Tower Shield, as well as most if not all of the -80% shields from Sabrina Greenstar in the Commons. They are incredibly helpful for solo encounters like this.

So here's the strategy I recommend: find out how much damage you need a Siren to do in order to KO the Storm spiders. A Colossal-enhanced Siren deals 1140 damage. You probably have at least 60% damage already if you have Waterworks gear. Prism gives another 40%, Storm bubble from Azteca gives 25%, and Stormblade gives 30%. That right there is enough to one-hit KO the spiders. Now you can focus on the boss! The cleanse charms and accuracy drop from Siren should buy you some time to prep a Storm Owl. Best of luck!

- Talon Shadowstone, Lv 95

Defender
Aug 08, 2015
I'm life, so what I did is I healed at any time I felt I may have needed one. You can only attack when you feel confident that you're gonna survive through it, and it will do some heavy damage. So, if you're having trouble: attack, heal, attack, heal, shield, aoe, attack, heal. Just continue the process. You'll get it, I'm sure! Good luck!

Survivor
Aug 01, 2013
I am also having issues with the second boss. Thank you for tips.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
If you're of high enough level, get into Darkmoor and gear up. This helps enormously with Khrysalis.

Kaliklak is Ice, his spiders are Storm. Load up with a half dozen Glacial Shield TCs in your side deck. Defeat his minions first -- they do a lot of damage, and are far easier to remove. Assuming you've done Darkmoor, you'll have Glowbug Squall. A couple blades and this spell will make the fight very fast.