Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mass Feint

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 19, 2014
Subterfuge
+50% trap to all and +50% trap to self

I think it should be available to all, otherwise it seems unfair to only give it to death. I don't know what two values would be most fair, so far I've stuck with 50/50. Other combos such as 60/40, 40/30 etc also work, it just comes down to which is most fair.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Since it's a mass trap it should work one of two ways in my opinion.

Option 1: cost 2-4 pips based on # foes. +70% to all, +30% to self for each foe trapped.
Option 2: cost 2-4 pips based on # foes. +70% to all, +30-120% single trap to self based on # foes trapped.

The minimum 2 pip cost I put because of the time saving benefit. It makes users still lose the extra round pip if using vs 1 foe, but still saves rounds of casting vs multiple foes.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2014
Redocean4799 on Jun 18, 2016 wrote:
Subterfuge

I think it should be available to all, otherwise it seems unfair to only give it to death. I don't know what two values would be most fair, so far I've stuck with 50/50. Other combos such as 60/40, 40/30 etc also work, it just comes down to which is most fair.
>unfair to give it to only death

it's absolutely fair, you can make this case about any school spell in the game. if you want to use that spell make a death wizard.

Survivor
Jan 13, 2015
Subterfuge

fair is a realtive term and doesn't apply to the game. The term you are looking for is game balance.

I agree that there should be mass traps available to all schools. Storm already has a mass storm trap called windstorm. The other schools need mass traps too. But that doesn't mean that those mass traps should be available to all schools just because one school got them.

So let's talk about what those traps are trying to immitate for a second. Windstorm is trying to immitate a huge microburst of wind that blows up suddenly and causes every enemy to be at a disadvantage due to dust in the eyes, being knocked back or down, and so on.

Mass feint would be an attempt to immitate someone so good with their battle skill that they faked out all the enemies at the same time - not unlikely but not easy to master.

Mass curse would be a curse so terrible that it affected everyone hearing it directed at them.

and so on.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Subterfuge

This would be great for -only as Feint has become redundant for them only. But at the same time, all blades for or another all shield for would work great with a release for a spell like this.

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
Subterfuge

Hmm, rank 2?

Survivor
Jul 09, 2012
Survivor
Aug 19, 2014
I myself find Death to be my favorite school, and my Death wizard to be my "main" wizard. I only suggested it be available to all because I figured every other school would complain that only death gets it but I really see no reason why not. Like stated above, lots of other schools already have spells like this (Windstorm, legion shield, blade storm, brilliant light.. etc.). Mass feint would be rather op, so maybe give them a mass curse, then later on give them mass feint and then give the other schools an upgrade to their all charm/trap spells.