Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Same friends on every wizard. Universal list.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
My idea for this game is to have one friends list that is for every wizard on your account.
For example, if you add a friend on your pyromancer, he'll be a friend on your life wizard and so forth. This would be good in the game because it would keep things organized and you could find older friends with ease.
Do you think this idea should be added to the game? Why or why not?

Joshua Summerheart, Level 110
Jason Summerspear, Level 110

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
I would hate this. I'm a really private person and don't consider anyone I meet online in a game to be anything more than a VERY casual online acquaintance. I just would not want the same people to be auto friended with every other wizard I have. Maybe I enjoy playing with them on one wizard, but don't necessarily want them around on ALL my wizards. Also, sometimes parents and their kids share accounts or siblings share accounts. I'm. sure a parent wouldn't want the same friends as their child or two siblings may not want the same friends. And let's not forget friends lists have limits so you may quickly run out of space for new people on new wizards if you had to use one list for all.

If they could make some sort of option for a whole account friend request while leaving the regular friending alone that would be perfectly fine. I'm all for everyone having options. I just wouldn't want this to be forced on me.

Defender
May 23, 2009
Warrior Cat on Jun 14, 2016 wrote:
My idea for this game is to have one friends list that is for every wizard on your account.
For example, if you add a friend on your pyromancer, he'll be a friend on your life wizard and so forth. This would be good in the game because it would keep things organized and you could find older friends with ease.

This will be convenient if you play with family, friends or people you know irl. However, without this idea, you can more people (not wizards) on your list. If you have a best friend with 6 max wizards that takes up six spots already for everyone of your wizards. That's not alot, but will add up with family. I rather have the flexibility of adding new friends. Maybe two lists??? The "universal" list have people you know irl, close friends in the game and those you have exchanged true friends codes with. Of course the "universal" list will have a lower limit than the "regular" list????

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
I have many chars, some pvp so those lists are tailored to that; then I have questing chars which I add friends accordingly by level. My friends that crossover, we always meet up to add each others newest characters and such.
It would take up so much room to have it auto connected. I say nay.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Warrior Cat on Jun 14, 2016 wrote:

there is a benefit to this, altho it's not for everybody. I play with somebody who has probably 10 wizards, and another person who probably has 7 or 8. Instead of taking yp almost 20 slots, I could take up 2 and make it MUCH cleaner

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
I'm glad to see my topic debated. Some things are being mentioned that I didn't even think of.
I like the idea of having a bigger friends list that will be the universal one. If it is majorly bigger, wizards will not have to worry about having their friend's 6 other wizards taking up space.
I am fully aware that larger lists are a "perk" of purchasing membership and this may rise some problems for Kingsisle. Obviously making an EVEN larger list or creating a new perk to replace it will be a fix to that, for the sake of convenience.
To address the given issue of an adult have friends that they would not wish their child to have or the case with siblings not wanting the same friends, there can be an option whether you want the universal list or not.

Survivor
Sep 30, 2011
I like the idea of a universal list, but also agree that I don't want that for all my friends, only a select few. So, the option to have them universal vs just on one Wiz would be awesome.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I'd love to have this as an option, or better, I list of my wizards and a list of my friends that we could check individually to add to each char.

It's such a pain to have to switch each of my chars to meet each of someone else in our guild, etc

but we still need the individual mode we have now too, because sometimes you only want to add one

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
Prince of Shadows on Jun 18, 2016 wrote:
I'd love to have this as an option, or better, I list of my wizards and a list of my friends that we could check individually to add to each char.

It's such a pain to have to switch each of my chars to meet each of someone else in our guild, etc

but we still need the individual mode we have now too, because sometimes you only want to add one
Yes, this.

I mistakenly thought the True Friend Code worked this way before I ever used one - that a TFC would add all characters on each account as friends.

For example, the group I friended while Darkmoor farming, I have all of their characters on each of mine. It would have been nice to be able to add them all and star them all at the same time. I definitely would not want it to be automatic, as there are some people I friend on specific characters for specific reasons.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
An easy solution to this would be the true friend codes. A "true friend" added with a code should be added to all wizards on both sides, whichever one is online showing up to the other online wizard.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
One way to address and resolve this is by everyone having a better managed, automatically adjusting, universal friend's list that allows you to:
  • Have more friends on your list
  • Instantly see who's online
  • Everyone can instantly see who on their friend's list is AFK, in battle, a solo dungeon, fishing, gardening, buying or selling, crafting, farming, or doing some other task
  • Have option to appear invisible to select players appearing on your list
  • Automatically adjust down everyone on your list to when they last logged online; as shown below:
  1. True Friends appear at the top of your list
  2. Followed by the most current, active players
  3. Followed by players who last accessed the game in 1-30 days
  4. Followed by players who last accessed the game in 1-3 months
  5. Followed by players who last accessed the game in 3-6 months
  6. Followed by players who last accessed the game in 6-12 months
  7. Followed by players who last accessed the game in 1 or more years
  8. Followed by players who only ask and beg for crown items
  9. Followed by players who only ask and demand you help them

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Tylerwildpants on Jun 19, 2016 wrote:
One way to address and resolve this is by everyone having a better managed, automatically adjusting, universal friend's list that allows you to:
  • Have more friends on your list
  • Instantly see who's online
  • Everyone can instantly see who on their friend's list is AFK, in battle, a solo dungeon, fishing, gardening, buying or selling, crafting, farming, or doing some other task
  • Have option to appear invisible to select players appearing on your list
  • Automatically adjust down everyone on your list to when they last logged online; as shown below:
  1. True Friends appear at the top of your list
  2. Followed by the most current, active players
  3. Followed by players who last accessed the game in 1-30 days
  4. Followed by players who last accessed the game in 1-3 months
  5. Followed by players who last accessed the game in 3-6 months
  6. Followed by players who last accessed the game in 6-12 months
  7. Followed by players who last accessed the game in 1 or more years
  8. Followed by players who only ask and beg for crown items
  9. Followed by players who only ask and demand you help them
that's an awfully big list you got there. The only ones i really disagree with on the list, are the ones begging/demanding. Why are they still on your list? They would have been removed from mine ages ago; when their habits of begging/demanding really started. Also, I think lists should automatically purge themselves too. If your friend hasnt shown up after a certain period of time, they automatically get removed. This time frame should never be SHORTER than 6 months though

Delver
May 12, 2012
I would enjoy this very much. It is a pain adding your friend to all your wizards, however I personally would not like having my friend right there all the time. I don't want people porting to me every second. Sometimes, I'll need some space to do some soloing or house decorating. I just would not want everyone right there. It'd be a bit hard to keep track of too. Great idea but it has some downs. I'd rather go to the Commons, choose a realm, and add a friend that way...

~ Allison Dragongem Level 90

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
dayerider on Jun 20, 2016 wrote:
that's an awfully big list you got there. The only ones i really disagree with on the list, are the ones begging/demanding. Why are they still on your list? They would have been removed from mine ages ago; when their habits of begging/demanding really started. Also, I think lists should automatically purge themselves too. If your friend hasnt shown up after a certain period of time, they automatically get removed. This time frame should never be SHORTER than 6 months though
In an ideal world, a auto removal friends list sounds awesome; until six months and one day have passed, and you discover you miss teaming with the person who was just bumped from your list. And short time frame friend lists sound great on paper; except when you team with adults who sometimes go offline for more than six months in a row. My friends who fall in this category are happy to see me pop back up on their friend's list after a long break from the game; and I'm happy to see and welcome them back too.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Tylerwildpants on Jun 20, 2016 wrote:
In an ideal world, a auto removal friends list sounds awesome; until six months and one day have passed, and you discover you miss teaming with the person who was just bumped from your list. And short time frame friend lists sound great on paper; except when you team with adults who sometimes go offline for more than six months in a row. My friends who fall in this category are happy to see me pop back up on their friend's list after a long break from the game; and I'm happy to see and welcome them back too.
that's why I said a time frame should NEVER be shorter than 6 months for an auto cleanse. Even 6 months is pushing it. Overall, here's the issue, if we had a "username" vs 'wizard name"list, we could hold a LOT more people which would be advantageous, especially in a game where they value team play

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
dayerider on Jun 21, 2016 wrote:
that's why I said a time frame should NEVER be shorter than 6 months for an auto cleanse. Even 6 months is pushing it. Overall, here's the issue, if we had a "username" vs 'wizard name"list, we could hold a LOT more people which would be advantageous, especially in a game where they value team play
Everyone that likes and wants a universal friend's list would have and use it; and folks that don't won't. Talking with friends and family who've all been playing since beta; no one wants an auto cleansing six month friends list. We also all agreed if we ever get this angry and worked up about anything in a fun, cool family friendly game this much; we'd take a break or find something that didn't stress us out so much.

Explorer
Aug 29, 2011
I suppose this idea could be convenient in some cases... Me personally I don't have any problems with it but I see that others do. Maybe it could just be optional or something, but I'd say I prefer to just meet up with a friend to add them on another character.

Explorer
Aug 29, 2011
Plus, like Iridian010 mentioned, people share accounts. My mom uses my account sometimes, and yeah, I don't really want the same friends as her. For the matter on limits on a universal list, KI could just increase it to a suitable amount.

Defender
Dec 07, 2012
I have a lot of friends on my friend's list. Like... a lot. I can't even count them! And I have friends on my other characters too.. Pretty sure my friend's list will just blow up into a million pieces, really.

--Fiona