Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Darkmoor Gear vs Gauntlet Gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 09, 2012
So, recently I've been in many debates with many people, about which is better, full Malistaire gear from Darkmoor, or gauntlet gear from Krokopatra and Rattlebones? What do you all think? Give me your opinions. Is it better for some schools, or should you mix it up, or what? I personally believe Darkmoor is superior, but tell me what you think.

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
Although both are similar in stats, I believe the gauntlets have the edge. Let's take a look at Krokopatra's Fezzes.

They provide:
  • More health
  • Less power pip percent chance
  • More critical
  • Less pierce
  • More (your) school attack
  • More Shadow school attack
Any stats not listed are the same. Now, these numbers are only slightly better/worse than the Darkmoor gear, but still hold. You can do similar comparisons for the Rattlebones robe and the Meowiarty boots and choose which gear you want to pursue.

Best of luck!
S.S.

Defender
Oct 24, 2012
Rattlebones robe, Krokopatra Hat, and Rasputin boots, along with the Morganthe amulet, and then get the athame and ring from darkmoor.

Survivor
Oct 28, 2012
There's really no definitive answer it all depends on your play style and your opinion.

MerlinAllPowerful,
Level 101 wizard

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Depends on the school, for fire, myth, balance and storm, the gauntlet gear is horrible. For life, both are good. And for death and ice, the gauntlet gear is better.

Lvl 110
Lvl 104
Lvl 27

Survivor
Jul 06, 2014
Adam Wintersinger on Jun 14, 2016 wrote:
Depends on the school, for fire, myth, balance and storm, the gauntlet gear is horrible. For life, both are good. And for death and ice, the gauntlet gear is better.

Lvl 110
Lvl 104
Lvl 27
Excuse me, but that is not true! Someone who uses that gear for all those schools may enjoy the gear. Just because you don't agree does NOT mean you are right. So, don't say the gear is ''horrible'' because that is just discouraging someone to buy something they might like.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2012
Shannon Skybreaker on Jun 12, 2016 wrote:
Although both are similar in stats, I believe the gauntlets have the edge. Let's take a look at Krokopatra's Fezzes.

They provide:
  • More health
  • Less power pip percent chance
  • More critical
  • Less pierce
  • More (your) school attack
  • More Shadow school attack
Any stats not listed are the same. Now, these numbers are only slightly better/worse than the Darkmoor gear, but still hold. You can do similar comparisons for the Rattlebones robe and the Meowiarty boots and choose which gear you want to pursue.

Best of luck!
S.S.
Ah, but that's where you seem incorrect. Comparing the "Krokopatra Maelstrom Fez" to the "Malistaire's Cowl of Flux" The differences of the Krokopatra fezzes to Malistaire hood are as follows:

- More Health (slightly)
- Lower Power Pip chance
- Equal Shadow pip
- 2 extra critical rating (not even enough to make your rating go up by 1%)
- 2% less damage
- Equal Resistance
- Less Pierce

So I believe it's fair to say that malistaire's cowl of flux is better than Kropopatra's Maelstrom Fez

But what baffles me is that some people still use the Krokopatra Fez and I thought there was a specific reason that it was better than the Malistaire hood. Do people just use it because they believe it's better, or because they haven't gotten the Malistaire Hood yet, or is there another reason?

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
Garret AshFlame on Jun 21, 2016 wrote:
Ah, but that's where you seem incorrect. Comparing the "Krokopatra Maelstrom Fez" to the "Malistaire's Cowl of Flux" The differences of the Krokopatra fezzes to Malistaire hood are as follows:

- More Health (slightly)
- Lower Power Pip chance
- Equal Shadow pip
- 2 extra critical rating (not even enough to make your rating go up by 1%)
- 2% less damage
- Equal Resistance
- Less Pierce

So I believe it's fair to say that malistaire's cowl of flux is better than Kropopatra's Maelstrom Fez

But what baffles me is that some people still use the Krokopatra Fez and I thought there was a specific reason that it was better than the Malistaire hood. Do people just use it because they believe it's better, or because they haven't gotten the Malistaire Hood yet, or is there another reason?
Apologies, I didn't realise the differences between the fezzes until after posting. I was going on the Krokopatra Vigor Fez, which is more favourable for Life wizards than the Cowl of Undying Malistaire.

Best of luck!
S.S.