Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Azteca seems quick and easy

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 30, 2015
So I've been in Azteca for about 5 days now and it's not as hard as people make it out to be. Did they nerf it or something? I've had no problem soloing as my Storm. I would also like to know which level I should be after finishing Azteca, I've heard it would be 90 and if that's the case then I'm almost finished, as I'm 87, I have just started Tierra De Brea and would like to know if I will be level 90 after completion of Azteca

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
ErzaGrayScarlet on Jun 5, 2016 wrote:
So I've been in Azteca for about 5 days now and it's not as hard as people make it out to be. Did they nerf it or something? I've had no problem soloing as my Storm. I would also like to know which level I should be after finishing Azteca, I've heard it would be 90 and if that's the case then I'm almost finished, as I'm 87, I have just started Tierra De Brea and would like to know if I will be level 90 after completion of Azteca
They nerfed it once I believe. And also, many people struggle with this world because they might not have the best of gear or a life mastery.

Lvl 110
Lvl 104
Lvl 27

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Just about all the schools should have a relatively easy time getting through Azteca. It has been nerfed a couple of times, then pierce was thrown in to make up for some of the nerfing.

It all depends on the school and gear that is being used, as to how easy Azteca is. When Azteca was the last world out, the level cap was 90. If you do all the quests, then you will be above level 90 for the next world.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
If you're doing all side quests, you should be somewhere between level 94 and 96 by the time you're done Azteca... if you never maxed out at previous level caps. If you maxed out at any of the previous level caps and continued to quest losing out on XP, it's hard to say what level you'll be.

Azteca isn't particularly difficult, it can just be a tad bit long and boring at times. As for a nerf, I think the only thing they nerfed was the Shadow Weaver Prowlers in Alto Alto, and Tehuano Spirits in Cloudburst Forest. Their HP were a tad bit extreme (if I remember correctly they up over 3,000 before the nerf) for a Storm street mob in Azteca. I don't think any other changes had been made though.

Defender
Aug 03, 2015
That's Polaris you're thinking about.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
Oh you've done it now. This is not the place to say something is too easy. You'll be told you aren't the target audience and you should quit.

(Azteca was quite difficult when it was released; the mobs had very high health and the number of times you had to defeat each kind was prohibitive. They reduced the health significantly, reduced the number of battles and it seems like all of the enemies don't hit as hard as they did at release.)