Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Severe Connection Issues

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 25, 2015
Alright, I've been trying to figure out why my game constantly starts getting terrible connection out of the blue. Every other site on the internet is completely fine, so the problem isn't my connection. W101 seems to randomly switch between working fine and having extremely slow connection. Just today, my game disconnected for seemingly no reason whatsoever. It also seems that this website loads considerably slower during those periods. Is there any obvious solution I'm overlooking, or is there a problem with KingsIsle's servers?

Survivor
Jul 08, 2010
I havent had any connection issues, but everyone once in a while my computer will have trouble connecting to certain sites when it works fine for others, maybe it is just one of those cases

Survivor
May 22, 2013
I've had this happen to me twice in the past few nights. I'm usually just moving along trying to get to a different part of a world when it refuses to load and then I'm told that my server isn't connected. I checked to make sure it wasn't my internet. I'm glad it's not just me, though. So it's probably something on KI's side.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I've had extreme lag, then I will lose connection. Even logging back in, there are still issues with graphics, loading surroundings, and especially trying to get my gardens done.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
The lag seems to have picked up frequency again lately. I usually run 2 or 3 instances on Wizard101 at once, and there isn't even always consistency between multiple windows. Last night for example, 1 window was running relatively clean, and the other 2 were lagging. I wasn't in a busy realm, and the worlds I was in there was nobody around. Of the 2 that were lagging, one of them eventually crashed and booted me out.

I've found the Khrysalis 48 hour gardening spells on my 69 plot gardens cause a lot of lag. Other times... I can't really say I've noticed a lot of consistency as to what's causing it. As you say, it's sporatic. It'll be fine for a long time and then out of nowhere it just gets bogged down.

I believe there are times when the issue is on my end, but then again... is it because of my computer, or because of something Wizard101 is doing with my computer? Like sometimes when I log out, it takes up to 10 minutes before my Wizard101 windows finally close out and stop using system resources. I typically blame that on my computer, but maybe the server hasn't let go of my computer yet... I just don't know.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2010
I have been noticing 'terrible' connection issues with the game. No other internet issues on any machines using the internet. My family has issues on four accounts on different computers and internet connections. Things like unable to go through doors, not getting credit for gardening spells, not being able to pick cards in battle, etc...

I pay good money for several accounts because i have never had problems with the game that were not addressed...until now.

Apparently this is not an issue with my connection or computer, but instead an issue with the game.