Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Changing the sky in your house/castle

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 07, 2011
Another of my older ideas that I had was the one where you can change the kind of sky you have in your castle/house.

There are many castles/houses that this idea may not work with such as the Sunken Palace which is under water and the Celestial Observatory which is hovering in space above what I assume is Celestia.

But maybe some new houses (and maybe some old houses too) could have big objects that (when you activate them) change the sort of sky you have outside. for example, a house with a Wizard City sky like the Massive Fantasy Palace may have one of those objects, and this object may turn the Wizard City sky to a Marleybone night sky.

What do you think?

Survivor
Apr 07, 2012
I would change the background to Valencia sky way theme, I already in the music scroll!

Survivor
Apr 27, 2014
buzz123432 on May 10, 2016 wrote:
Another of my older ideas that I had was the one where you can change the kind of sky you have in your castle/house.

There are many castles/houses that this idea may not work with such as the Sunken Palace which is under water and the Celestial Observatory which is hovering in space above what I assume is Celestia.

But maybe some new houses (and maybe some old houses too) could have big objects that (when you activate them) change the sort of sky you have outside. for example, a house with a Wizard City sky like the Massive Fantasy Palace may have one of those objects, and this object may turn the Wizard City sky to a Marleybone night sky.

What do you think?
That sounds amazing! With my Acropolis I'd love to see it at night, it'd look great.

Survivor
Nov 08, 2014
there's only one problem with that. they would have to completely recreate the castle/home with different shading and textures of a deferent type of light hitting objects

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
buzz123432 on May 10, 2016 wrote:

What do you think?
I love this idea! I'd relish having the Grizzleheim sky at my castle.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
jason deathwalker on May 16, 2016 wrote:
there's only one problem with that. they would have to completely recreate the castle/home with different shading and textures of a deferent type of light hitting objects
Hmm true...I think it's worth it though. This sky changing should also extend to worlds like Dragonspyre as well.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2014
I personally love this idea-as I am totally obsessed with housing! Changing the sky could really help with decorations and I personally would like it to be night time in my Massive Fantasy Palace

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
WingedWolves30 on May 20, 2016 wrote:
I personally love this idea-as I am totally obsessed with housing! Changing the sky could really help with decorations and I personally would like it to be night time in my Massive Fantasy Palace
Actually that's what where I came up with the idea, I wanted a different sky in my Massive Fantasy Palace.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
That sounds like a fun idea! I don't know the technical limitations of doing that but they have kind of started that with the Arcane Builder's Bundle. It has three different houses with subsequent purchases of the same bundle. I actually have the second iteration and therefore have Midday Estate and Meadows at Dusk on my Balance. I don't really like the game mechanics of Pirate, but the Worlds are epic looking! Skyways included!