Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 5-6-16

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Seven more days have passed, and that means it's that wonderful time again!

In honor of Plant-a-palooza, let's chat about those green thumbs this week. What is your favorite thing about Gardening in the Spiral? Whether it's a specific house, plant, loot, spell, or even an aspect of tending your garden, we want to know.

Happy weekends, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Delver
Mar 10, 2009
Survivor
Jul 26, 2014
My favourite thing about gardening has to be the mega snacks you get from Coach Potatoes!

Explorer
May 25, 2011
I like the puns involved in the names of the plants and their looks. A tiger lily is actually a tiger on a flower. The loot is also helpful,especially from EMPs and CPs.

Survivor
Nov 02, 2015
i personally enjoy the different animations of the plants. i would love to see new plants come out just to see what you guys can come up with its always so interesting.

Survivor
Mar 29, 2013
Plant-a-palooza, is a great seed selling time. However, the seed plant level as far as I know has no seeds for those of us that would like to plant level 9-20. I find that there rare to even get good XP points once you have planted most every plant from level 1-8. Have yet to find a bug spray for level 6-20. either. Would love to advance my wizards abilities in planting, would love it even more if planters sold on other worlds had seeds. The spells for gardening have to come down from gold costs to give wizards any abilities to afford "garden pixies" 175000 gold- just too much. Among, other things gardening and fishing have the wizards on boredom patrol and really need attention. Couple suggestion, one fish poles work like lures but with strengths in getting the fish. And two , get plants for wizards that are 9-20 with jewels in them and spell cards (treasure,spells)

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
I love the plants.. but one thing.. Can we please sell crown seeds we get either from gardening or from killing mobs? When members have double gardening rewards I end up with tons of Evil magma peas. I then have to feed them to my pet.. Just seems like a huge waste.

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
I must say my favorite plant are my couch potatoes which I have been planting and regrowing for years. For "YEARS" I have been going on Wizard101 everyday and checking whatever I have been growing and I am still doing it. It has always been couch potatoes, some how my seeds vanished after receiving them from a final harvest from my boiling peanuts plant that I have been gardening for a year (Same thing happened with my point setta) I am now gardening grapes of rath and ninja figs now too.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
My favorite thing about gardening is the abundance of loot it provides me. My EMP's provide an endless supply of Gold, Mega-Snacks, Cleanse Charm, Pierce & Feint Treasure Cards.

Survivor
Dec 12, 2015
I enjoy gardening as it has daily rewards, something to pull you back into the game (akin to the daily assignments added in the newest updates!). Even while levelling, it's something fun to do between questlines, or when you log in, and helps stop the burnout. In the spirit of the "feedback" part of feedback friday, I'd like to take the opportunity to suggest Hybrid Plants (much like the hybrid pets). Take a look at animal crossing for a starter of how this could be implemented! It would add an element of customization to your gardens, and give a much-needed shake up of the plants that are generally used.

Delver
May 12, 2012
Professor Falmea on May 6, 2016 wrote:
Seven more days have passed, and that means it's that wonderful time again!

In honor of Plant-a-palooza, let's chat about those green thumbs this week. What is your favorite thing about Gardening in the Spiral? Whether it's a specific house, plant, loot, spell, or even an aspect of tending your garden, we want to know.

Happy weekends, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
Great question, professor!

Hmm... well what I love about gardening is all the plants. It's truly a hobby where you can be creative. I do all types of things in my different castles. I enjoy plant stacking, scrunching, and glitching a lot with the plots, too. You can have a whole garden of couch potatoes or tiger lilies or whatever you want!

Thanks for the Plant-a-palooza!

~ Allison (Ali) Dragongem
~ Level 89 wizard

Survivor
Aug 02, 2012
When will the gardening and fishing orbs become different? I love my garden and I like to fish. But I can not do them both.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2013
I like the gardening houses, the creativity/design of the plants, but most of all, the (necessary) MEGA snacks!

I echo gunnerds question-when will the gardening and fishing energy orbs become different?. It would encourage more people to do both activities.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Definitely Mega Snack rewards. I primarily use Evil Magma Peas, but am starting to branch out into Sword Ferns to try my luck at getting some Hambrosia.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
I guess the Mega Snacks. There's not much else to not hate.

I find almost everything about the Gardening Interface clunky, and the garden lag on one character on my account is so significant that I skip it often. It's only one character, her garden setup is exactly the same as another charcter's, but on L, I literally freeze for anything from two to five minutes after porting to my Red Barn Farm. Sometimes the freeze is only after I cast my first Gardening Spell, but it always happens.

Same setup, same number of items (plots, plants, likes, one seed vault) on P and no freeze. Same PC, same Connection, same Account, vastly different experiences.

It's infuriating.

Please use some of your resources updating back-end hardware, software and utility so that players can effectively participate in game activities. This lag is similar to what I experience in Polaris. Horrible on L, almost not noticeable on my other two who have reached it. Again, same PC, same Connection, same Account.

Too many recent changes have discouraged gameplay. Please do something to encourage us to play.

Hero
May 07, 2015
#mega snacks! I mean come on!

Miranda jade song level 90 (gonna have to get use to saying that) pyromancer

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I mostly garden to get mega snacks, rare reagents, and gold. I don't mind gardening too much, but wouldn't call it fun. It's a chore that must be done to get inputs for pets and crafting.