Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

School Specific Astral Spells Idea

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 19, 2011
These would be astral spells you would get from a quest, specific to your school. I made these to play on the strengths of the schools and make them more identifying and unique.

Balance: -20% charm. Works on both weakness and power nova. (Both -45% then.)

Fire: Makes spell 50% damage, and adds a 100% damage as a DoT. (Example, efreet does 895 damage. Instead it would do 895*.5= 497 damage initially, and 895 over 3 turns as damage over time. [50%, 100% over 3 rounds] -Doesn't work on spells already DoT.

Ice: +20% to shield

Storm: +25% critical chance. (Maybe -40% chance of blocking a critical?)

Death: Share with allies. (Whatever health gained from stealing it on your attack is shared equally among all 2/3/4 of you. No healing boosts. Only works for attacks that steal health.)

Myth: Adds stun. Doesn't work if spell already has stun.

Life: 60%. (Takes a normal healing spell, and makes it heal everyone for 60%. So satyr would heal everyone for 860*.6=516 health. A full pip dryad would heal everyone for 200*14*.6=1680. Regenerate is 31+661 over 3 rounds to all allies, etc.)

Let me know what you think of these ideas, and give me your own!

-Should these spells get treasure card versions, only allow them to be used if you are of that school. A storm should not be able to glow bug squall everyone for 610+1120DoT, and a death should not be able to do a -65% virulent plague.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Jeffrey Jr on Apr 26, 2016 wrote:
These would be astral spells you would get from a quest, specific to your school. I made these to play on the strengths of the schools and make them more identifying and unique.

Balance: -20% charm. Works on both weakness and power nova. (Both -45% then.)

Fire: Makes spell 50% damage, and adds a 100% damage as a DoT. (Example, efreet does 895 damage. Instead it would do 895*.5= 497 damage initially, and 895 over 3 turns as damage over time. [50%, 100% over 3 rounds] -Doesn't work on spells already DoT.

Ice: +20% to shield

Storm: +25% critical chance. (Maybe -40% chance of blocking a critical?)

Death: Share with allies. (Whatever health gained from stealing it on your attack is shared equally among all 2/3/4 of you. No healing boosts. Only works for attacks that steal health.)

Myth: Adds stun. Doesn't work if spell already has stun.

Life: 60%. (Takes a normal healing spell, and makes it heal everyone for 60%. So satyr would heal everyone for 860*.6=516 health. A full pip dryad would heal everyone for 200*14*.6=1680. Regenerate is 31+661 over 3 rounds to all allies, etc.)

Let me know what you think of these ideas, and give me your own!

-Should these spells get treasure card versions, only allow them to be used if you are of that school. A storm should not be able to glow bug squall everyone for 610+1120DoT, and a death should not be able to do a -65% virulent plague.
Balance one is broken. Fire one is bad since you can just enchant it with colossal and not risk a triage. Ice one is broken (70% shields really?), storm one is bad (critical is nearly useless at max lvl, just go for colossal), not very useful since death hitters are quite uncommon and colossal would be better anyway, so I should lose to a myth because they went first, drew a bloodbat, made it stun me and then combined it into a witch's housecall? Life one is bad because you can always use aoe heals.

Lvl 110
Lvl 84
Lvl 27