Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback THURSDAY 3-24-16

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hi Wizards! It's only Thursday, but since tomorrow is a holiday around these parts, I'm here with a Feedback THURSDAY this week.

Today, let's talk about the sun, moon, and stars, or at least spells that draw power from them. That's right, let's chat about Astral Spells. Today, I'd like you to dream up a Sun, Moon, or Star spell if you could wave your wand and do so, and tell us about it. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone would create!

Have a wonderful weekend Wizards...until next time!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Sep 12, 2010
I think it'd be interesting to see bolstered ward become a trainable spell perhaps a tad more powerful as well to counteract the overwhelming amount of pierce in the meta currently. I would also like to see some rebalancing of current spells such as the shift spells from Khrysalis which are quite underplayed because of their high pip cost in a low pip centered meta. Also, updated versions of the original auras and updated versions of the enchantments Colossal and Primordial. Astral magic is a very vast branch of powerful magic with immense potential. Let's not mess it up

- Jack Angleblood, Prodigious Theurgist

Survivor
Jan 15, 2012
I think having a polymorph moon spell that could be created when learned that can give you a new face with new school stats when needed would be interesting. Of course, that would probably be difficult to create and take a bunch of work.
To explain myself further your wizard would be disguised with the face of another wizard. You'd create a deck for whatever occasion, picking a third school in a way. It would probably be easier, now that I think about it to disguise yourself as a teammate and give their deck to you. Also thinking about it now, it would probably be only used for pvp. The idea in itself was an attempt I guess, but I don't think it's foundation would be solid enough for it to actually play out. If someone could create a better structure for it, I think it could become something- if only vaguely similar to my idea. Oh well, lol

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
I do have something in mind about new Astral School spells, many are long overdue, other than having Bolstered Ward trainable in the Arcanum...

1: Enrage. 450 damage to 1 attack spell. Level 109.
2: Healing Bliss. 250 to 1 heal spell. Level 109.
3: Razor Blade. +20% to 1 positive blade spell. Level 109.
4: Mighty Absorb. 200 to 1 absorb spell. Level 109.
5: Dangerous Trap. +20% to negative trap spell. Level 109.
6: Sharp Eyes. +35% accuracy & +25% piercing to 1 attack spell. Level 109.
7: Wild Blaze. +50% incoming & +40% outgoing damage, 4 rounds. Level 109.
8: Eclipse. 1570 damage, -45% accuracy to all enemies. Level 109.

Survivor
Nov 07, 2009
I feel like the whole moon school should be reconfigured, or have some new additions. I cannot think of a single moon spell that has truthfully ever been viable for PVE and absolutely nowhere close to PVP standards. The previous moon spells from khrysalsis were quite decent I would LOVE for them to be more useful. They would be great competition for lore spamming. I think we all would love these nice spells to have more applicable uses. I think we should have astral mastery either as a base line or in some form of item. It'd be so awesome and be able to use the spells frequently because they're all actually very good and quite nice for "spamming" options.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
I think it would be nice to have an aura spell that acts as a temporary taunt to all enemies while it is active.

Another star spell could be an aura that reflects a small portion of damage back to the attacker.

Explorer
Aug 25, 2013
A floating "cleanse" or "shatter" would be nice. Cast it like a blade or trap and have it activate if triggered by a weakness or shield.

Sun school has been amazing, I never cast a hit (as a storm wiz) without an enchant on it. Star school is very cool now that I can attach galvanic field to a piece of gear. Moon school I have never used and would need to be convinced of the tactical value in doing so.

Survivor
Aug 02, 2013
I would love to see astrals spells that gives you one of the "cheats" from cheating bosses (at least for a limited time, ex. 4 turns).
Also, it'll be nice if we get some moon spells to transforn to one of the ultimate bad guys, like Malistair or Morganthe, with their stats, including Life points, for a few turns.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Moon School: Polymorph Bartlebey
* auto casts Rebirth when we transform
* has only heals and shields in the deck
* but the heals and shields are all double the normal value

Star School - Life Bubble - +25% DAMAGE, +10% HEAL, +10% incoming Death Damage
* Enhanced versions of all the beginning Star School spells – so
* instead of 1 pip gained for a 4 pip spell - it's that OR 2 pips for 8 pip spell OR 3 pips for a shadow spell
* Instead of 10% accuracy it's 20%
* Instead of 15% damage or resist it's 30%
* etc.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Sun School:
* Enchantment - adds 40% to Shield except Absorb will now absorb 1000
* Enchantment - doubles the value of any Heal (the add 100 is better than nothing - but it's not really enough at the higher levels. This is especially true since the critical changed.)
* Enchantment - Magnify Minion - enhance value of any minion by making it match the level of the lowest level foe. So If I'm level 100 helping
a level 80 - the minion I enchant and call won't be 100-ish she'll only be equivalent to a level 80 minion. Or in PVP - If my level is higher than my foe's, the minion I call will only be about equal to my opponents lowest level team mate.

I really miss my Life minion (the sprite) but I haven't gotten to play her since she always died in Celestia ... a long time past from Khrysalis. By matching her to the foe level I could have her back. * To be clear - I don't mean our minions would be as powerful as the bosses minions - I mean whether I'm faced with a level 40, 80 or 100 level opponent - the minion or lowest life/power foe determines what natural damage, health, pip etc & deck abilites the minion has - whatever my school would get if they got a minion at that level.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Hopefully Global Spells are in the same spirit of this Feedback Thursday.

40% pierce - I know that is high - but the foe gets it too.

Survivor
Mar 29, 2013
balance elves spell that shots a boomer rang at the enemie and circles around the base of the enemie 50 first shot and 100 each round for four rounds.
In mooshu you get your first moon spell rather than Celestia, in the burial grounds.

spell should be a star power that burns like a wand of fire heats up the base of the enemy and takes away all blades shields and aura spells for five rounds.

spell that casts a bunny biting off a carrot and spitting it at the enemy causing all spells of aura{convict and others} to disapate.

Explorer
Jul 17, 2012
I would like to have a spell that increase shielding for a few rounds that was 50% or higher. That way the wizard could have 50% or higher shielding that was not earth quaked off or shattered. the spell would be 50% or higher shielding for 4 or 5 rounds and then not cast-able for 3 or 4 rounds. If there were no restrictions on how many times it could be cast then players would cast it every couple rounds and that might wind up being unfair. The advantage to this spell would be that the 50% or higher would not be gone when the first of a mob attacked. PvP the 3 or 4 rounds of being unable to cast it gives the other side a chance to attack in the rounds its not there. Also have it where any creature of over 7000 health could not use it. I picked 7000 health because I think wizards do not have a health range higher then this. Bosses get their strength in having much higher level of health then this so they don't need extra shielding. If such a spell were created then there could be an increase in the use of the balance spell that removes these spells and turns them into damage. Another spell could be one that does like some bosses and have new shield appear after every attack.

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
For I suggest a type of ward that nullifies one incoming attack, and then turns half of the damage you would have taken into a heal. A name for this spell could be Waning Ward.

For I suggest a type of aura enhancer. Since starlight is basically sunlight from a distance I figured it would work well. It would work like a normal sun school spell, you would click on it and drag it to an aura spell card, and once activated it would boost the stats of whatever aura you used it on. Basically it would last one or two more rounds and boost the percentages like normal. A name escapes me at the moment so I'll leave it up to whoever reads this and wants to comment an idea for a name.

For I suggest a boosted global spell version of star school auras. They would have one positive boost that affects everyone and one negative effect that affects everyone, including your enemies. The names will vary so I'll leave the names up to anyone who reads this and wants to make suggestions.

Survivor
Aug 08, 2012
Maybe some spells that can change the function of the spell for magic. Negative wards turn to positive ones and damage spells turn to healing spells as well as stuns to stun blocks and dispels to accuracy. They couldn't all just be opposites spell types though some could turn single attacks to an AOE or a blade to a dispel. Just some thoughts.

Jordan LifeCaster lvl 110

Survivor
Mar 29, 2010
It's always a pleasure to hear from my favorite teacher! Here are some of my ideas:

Sun Spells:

Undeniable: Enchantment (astral spell) that turns a blade card gold (treasure card). The enhancement prevents the blade from disappearing until use. For example, it will remain throughout earthquakes and steal charm spells.

Star Spells:

Not Very Stunning: aura-type star astral spell. Immune to stuns for 4 turns.

Radiant: (level 90+) aura-type star spell. Immune to stuns AND will receive power pip for every incoming 4+pip spell for 4 rounds. Must purchase "Not Very Stunning" as a prerequisite.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
I'd love a spell that would allow me to transfer blades I can't use, onto wizards on my team that can.

I'd love to be able to swap positives items for negative items from whoever I fight (my minus to hit above my head, goes onto whoever I fight, while their blades are transferred to me; and traps on me go on whoever I fight, and their shields get moved on to me. And I'd love to have and use a boomerang spell so when I'm attacked, the damage is actually taken on whoever attempted to cast the spell, and then there's the reverse boomerang spell where whoever or whatever I'm fighting, when they cast a healing spell, they heal me or my teammates, instead of healing themselves or their teammates...

...sadly, none of these spells would fall under sun, star, or moon school.

Well for moon spells, I'd love to be able to transform into one of the professors, or whatever I'm fighting, so I'm able to throw all their spells back at them, or resist really well what they through at me.

Survivor
Mar 29, 2010
Metamorphosis cards - Level 200+

These cards are different than "Polymorph" cards in the Moon school.

Metamorphosis cards would create the wizard into a hybrid being. For example, instead of Polymorphing into a fire drake (and losing much potential power that the wizard has), the Metamorphosis would give dragon scales and skin and a tail and protruding horns to the human wizard. This enhancement would allow the wizard to not just use fire-type magic, but to be a fire-type and become one with it.

When in the transformed state of a Metamorphosis card, your wizard would still mostly appear as your wizard and you would still have access to your same equipment's stats and spells and health. Instead of needing to add enchantments and charms to everything (such as sun spell enchantments on spells to boost base damage, and positive charm enchantments such as sharpen blade) these would automatically be implemented. Therefore, a wizard could not only save turns but combine the extra power with said sun spells and enchantments, doubling their power.

This would of course have to be restricted to very high future levels, but it would be a nice and creative way to enhance our existing spells without having to rely so much on shadow magic.

for other magic schools, the transformation could be something like the following:
Death School - wizard becomes pale and gaunt, with red eyes and dark shadows, and elongated fingernails or claws.
Life School: wizard takes on dryad-like appearance, with rough bark-like skin and leaves and branch-like twigs sprouting from the shoulders like pauldrons. Perhaps leaves for hair too.
Balance: wizard takes on Judgement-like appearance, growing long feathered brown judgement wings, and wearing a blindfold. Weapon could be appearance overridden to a set of scales.
Ice: wizard could take on a Shiva-like appearance, getting light ice blue skin and crystalline icicles for hair, with glowing blue otherworldly eyes.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
I don't have much use for the moon school spells as they sit. They're weak, and they don't use the stats on the gear your wizard wears. So how about a new moon spell

Name: Tank

The game first chooses one of the normal schools at random: life, myth, storm, death, fire, ice, balance. That's the school the tank form will resist. It is 85% resist against that school, but the opposite school gets a +45% boost when attacking it.

Next it loads a set of cards. They are a mixture of shields against the school that gets the boost and universal shields - no absorbs, just shields - as well as some natural attacks - punch, kick, .pick up and throw - and ONE school based attack depending on what school it is - lighting bolt for storm, killer bees for life, and so on.

The form looks like the various colossus that are in the game at present - like giant creature made of stone or metal. Massive, ponderous, and really hard to damage with a nasty attack.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2012
Professor Falmea on Mar 24, 2016 wrote:
Hi Wizards! It's only Thursday, but since tomorrow is a holiday around these parts, I'm here with a Feedback THURSDAY this week.

Today, let's talk about the sun, moon, and stars, or at least spells that draw power from them. That's right, let's chat about Astral Spells. Today, I'd like you to dream up a Sun, Moon, or Star spell if you could wave your wand and do so, and tell us about it. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone would create!

Have a wonderful weekend Wizards...until next time!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
OK, one thing that is more important than new star or sun spells, is that the moon school needs to be revamped.

I think when you polymorph you should be able to keep your resist and health, or at least in newer polymorph spells. The shift spells are pretty neat but should do more damage since you are using a lot of pips for them.

There should be an offensive type polymorph spell, that allows you to polymorph your enemy, most likely putting them in a bad situation. Would cost pips of course .

Maybe there should be just another type of moon school spell in general, but I don't have any ideas for that.

All in all, my point is, you guys should try to make the moon school just as useful in PvE and PvP like the Sun and Star schools.

One more thing though...

It would be AMAZING if we could train the Moon and Sun tri-blade spells (along with the tri-traps). It would allow for more schools to work together and create amazing combinations of school teams, making lets say Ice and Death able to work together a lot more, instead of being separated by one wizard having only elemental blades while the other wizard only has spirit blades. Honestly this is one big thing I really want to happen, more than the ability to train bolstered ward to be honest. Training the blades would of course use training points and of course cost 1 pip to cast. I don't see any drawbacks with adding this idea, only good things should come from this .

Thanks for reading!

Survivor
May 26, 2013
Cool spells with names like Epic, Renew, Magnify, Flawless, and Radical

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
I'd like to see "Strong" "Giant" "Monstrous" "Gargantuan" "Colossal" all to be percentage based instead of just adding flat values.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2009
i can think of a few here but it would be interesting see what wizard may come up after everyone puts there idea maybe it may give them idea from me but not sure but sounds interesting to see what happens what they decide but heres my card idea

Sun Spell
Volcanic Warriors Kings
Lv109
Damage 700-1200 to all Enemies + All Friends gets Balance Blades(+25%) or All Enemies get -45% Smokescreen (those were the two option i can't decide but either works) but maybe the name may help for ya all i can think of

Star Spell
Outrageous Shooting Comet Star
Damage 700-1200 to all enemies+ Tower shields to all friends
Lv109
Moon Spell
Moonlight Angel Meteor Shower
Lv109
Damage 700-1200 to all Enemies + All friends Gains 700-1000 health+Absorb(500) (doubt this might happen but it was idea i just had now )

I may have more later but its all i can think of right now wizard101 since its my first time

Explorer
Jan 28, 2012

Sun enchants for spells to change their max and min damage by a lot!
For example a value of 400 for this enchant will add 400 to the max damage and remove 200 from the min possible damage.
*if the min damage is dropped below 0 than it should be removed from max damage.
For example 500 enchant on a 100 damage spell should add 500 to max and remove 250 from min damage. So actually it will become a 0 to 450 damage spell (600-150).

Unstable auras. Give a really big boost in stats but every turn they have a chance to explode and backfire some damage.

Moon spells that will change the way you look and give special effects per school per spell cast. The effects are school related and can be negative.
For example, a fire school will put a fire tripple trap on enemy when casting an over time. But regular attacks will put a single trap (not school specific) on you.
Ice will double it's shields (double cast) but will get weakness when attempting to cast a blade or a trap.

Survivor
Jan 30, 2009
I think that there should be a school spell that increases shadow pip percentage. Another idea is a enchant for Shadow Magic that decreases backlash upon cast.