Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

more incentive to be a member regularly

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 28, 2016
Maybe something like making the double pet xp thing A regular thing every weekend or maybe every other weekend.
As a separate idea maybe during the quest in DS where you ready up a battle drake a quest where you get rewarded with a dragon mount. I just thought it'd be an extra little reward for getting so far in the game.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
I agree. Personally I've often thought that a membership loyalty program is in order, like you get rewards or discounts based on how long you've held a membership, either continuously or cumulatively. Either way, membership could definitely be incentivizedmore than it is right now, especially for higher level players who have already completed most or all of the game's main storyline content.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Yes, yes, yes, great idea! Someone had told me I was gonna get a dragon mount in DS and I never did, and considering how long it is and how gloomy it is there even has to be an incentive to stay in DS. Maybe upon completing a world you get awarded a pet, mount, gear, or something like that. Also, this is a good idea because max levels might opt out of membership until a new world is released to save money, but if this is implemented, a lot of max levels won't opt out of a membership. Also, I've heard so many crown users (majority of my friends are crown users) say how getting a membership was a mistake and that crowns are so much better. This could motivate those crown users to get a membership. Which bring me to another point, like with bundles how you get a bonus 5,000 crowns, if you buy crowns, you should get one reward to motivate you to buy crowns again. The reward could be chosen maybe. Obviously, the less crowns you buy, the less rewards you can pick, which can motivate people to buy even more crowns.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Dawknee on Mar 23, 2016 wrote:
Maybe something like making the double pet xp thing A regular thing every weekend or maybe every other weekend.
As a separate idea maybe during the quest in DS where you ready up a battle drake a quest where you get rewarded with a dragon mount. I just thought it'd be an extra little reward for getting so far in the game.
I don't like the idea of having double pet xp every weekend personally because then that would take away from part of the pet grind and takes away the idea of it being a special event like free tourneys. It's kind of like having a birthday every weekend, at first, you might enjoy it but eventually the event will lose significance. For the ds thing, I don't see much of a purpose for it since the dragon mount can be purchased with gold in the crown shop and isn't too expensive but I agree that there should be more useful rewards for questing because through Polaris, u get nothing significant from questing besides elucidates, simplifies, xp and gold.

Lvl 110
Lvl 57
Lvl 25

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
Crowns players would riot.

As a member, I don't think this is necessary either. Membership isn't particularly expensive, and if you're smart about when you renew it can be as little as $60/year, or $5/month. Anyone who plays even one evening per month is getting $5 worth of enjoyment out of the game - a movie is $8+, a novel is $10, most people's cable & internet bill is about $5/day, a cup of coffee at Charbux is $5. (Actually, if you renew a $60/year membership at Christmas time with the surprise cart discount and it's a 40%, you can get the following year membership at $3/month.)

As it is, that membership fee, without benefits, allows access to several things Crowns players can't ever get. On top of it, monthly there's a two or three day bonus of something very valuable. If those things became weekly, I might actually begin to agree with the Crowns players who claim that KI is attempting to get rid of them.

I think we members are being treated very fairly now. I'm certain it's because it's good for them to have members, but being too generous with members will alienate those who choose not to play via membership and alienating (paying) customers isn't very good business.

KI, I'm critical when you deserve it, but I've never had a single complaint about game cost or membership benefits. Thank you!

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
PaigeGoldenspear on Mar 24, 2016 wrote:

As a member, I don't think this is necessary either. Membership isn't particularly expensive, and if you're smart about when you renew it can be as little as $60/year, or $5/month. Anyone who plays even one evening per month is getting $5 worth of enjoyment out of the game - a movie is $8+, a novel is $10, most people's cable & internet bill is about $5/day, a cup of coffee at Charbux is $5. (Actually, if you renew a $60/year membership at Christmas time with the surprise cart discount and it's a 40%, you can get the following year membership at $3/month.)

As it is, that membership fee, without benefits, allows access to several things Crowns players can't ever get. On top of it, monthly there's a two or three day bonus of something very valuable. If those things became weekly, I might actually begin to agree with the Crowns players who claim that KI is attempting to get rid of them.

I think we members are being treated very fairly now. I'm certain it's because it's good for them to have members, but being too generous with members will alienate those who choose not to play via membership and alienating (paying) customers isn't very good business.

KI, I'm critical when you deserve it, but I've never had a single complaint about game cost or membership benefits. Thank you!
Total agreement. Membership is a bargain for the reasons you mention. Plus, if folks take the time to peruse the assorted fan sites (see links above) they'd find that some of those sites offer bonus game award codes, for members only, on a regular basis. I've gotten some really nice items from those offers, from housing items to pets. Combine that with KIs give-aways and judicious timing when it comes to renewal and you more than get your money's worth.
And I have to say it again... if KI made double pet XP a regularly scheduled event then soon after we would see the following - "We need double gardening XP!!!"

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
TucsonWizard on Mar 25, 2016 wrote:
Total agreement. Membership is a bargain for the reasons you mention. Plus, if folks take the time to peruse the assorted fan sites (see links above) they'd find that some of those sites offer bonus game award codes, for members only, on a regular basis. I've gotten some really nice items from those offers, from housing items to pets. Combine that with KIs give-aways and judicious timing when it comes to renewal and you more than get your money's worth.
And I have to say it again... if KI made double pet XP a regularly scheduled event then soon after we would see the following - "We need double gardening XP!!!"
I don't see the links above, what are the links? Most of the time I just see contests.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
PaigeGoldenspear on Mar 24, 2016 wrote:

And after the rioted, maybe they would become members and stop going broke buying areas.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
TucsonWizard on Mar 25, 2016 wrote:
> if KI made double pet XP a regularly scheduled event then soon after we would see the following - "We need double gardening XP!!!"

Um, KI does do that. You did know that, didn't you?

Survivor
Nov 16, 2015
Dawknee on Mar 23, 2016 wrote:
Great idea!

Survivor
Feb 09, 2012
I think something along the lines of getting crowns at the start of every month past your first, Say 250 for staying subscribed past the first month. Then as you get further into the months you could get say 1000 at one point. Or maybe include a Loyalty system instead where each month you stay subscribed you get loyalty points that you could spend to get stuff like costumes and maybe even mounts for a good chunk of points, Nothing that really gives advantage but something extra.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Fable Finder on Mar 25, 2016 wrote:
I don't see the links above, what are the links? Most of the time I just see contests.
At the top of this page there are five categories: Player Guide - FAN SITES - News - Game Updates - Rules...

If you click on "Fansites" you'll see a list of player run sites. These are the ones I'm talking about. You have to register on most of them which is no big deal, it's free, and just monitor the sites for give-aways.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
crystalwizard12345... on Mar 26, 2016 wrote:
> if KI made double pet XP a regularly scheduled event then soon after we would see the following - "We need double gardening XP!!!"

Um, KI does do that. You did know that, didn't you?
Yeah I know that. What I'm referring to is people wanting it to be offered on a regularly scheduled basis. If either event was offered as a regular event then people will just schedule their pet training and gardening for those specific times, at which point it would become the accepted norm and it wouldn't be good enough...
"We want TRIPLE XP!!! WE DESERVE IT!!!?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Aquine111 on Mar 26, 2016 wrote:
I think something along the lines of getting crowns at the start of every month past your first, Say 250 for staying subscribed past the first month. Then as you get further into the months you could get say 1000 at one point. Or maybe include a Loyalty system instead where each month you stay subscribed you get loyalty points that you could spend to get stuff like costumes and maybe even mounts for a good chunk of points, Nothing that really gives advantage but something extra.
Every player already has the ability to get 100 free crowns every day. They don't need to increase member benefits. We get a lot of extras as it stands.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2013
I love that they have these little things to make you stay but they need to make some more regularly. I have been waiting for what seems like forever for the training point buy back to be free but it just isn't happening and i am starting to get mad. I am not sure if i am on at just all the wrong times but i am really disappointed it is taking this long for it to happen again. So please make it soon.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
skylergoodwin on Mar 27, 2016 wrote:
I love that they have these little things to make you stay but they need to make some more regularly. I have been waiting for what seems like forever for the training point buy back to be free but it just isn't happening and i am starting to get mad. I am not sure if i am on at just all the wrong times but i am really disappointed it is taking this long for it to happen again. So please make it soon.
Agreed. I'm on every day and it is never free.