Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

team up glitch.

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
so i used team up to find a group for rasputin~ upon entering, they all fled and, being the last remaining member of the team, i left as well.

i get outside, and i see that i've been hit with a 10-minute penalty for leaving the dungeon. what gives?

(in my previous experience, only the first person to leave was penalized and unable to use team up for 5 minutes~ is this something new that's been implemented? did the people who fled before me all get this too?)

i also logged out for a few minutes to finish writing this post. when i logged back in, the timer was still stuck and hadn't moved. my playing time is very limited, so i hope that this is a bug and not something new that's been added (why should the remaining team suffer if someone quits and the instance can no longer be completed?).

-von

Defender
Apr 06, 2013
Dr Von on Feb 23, 2016 wrote:
so i used team up to find a group for rasputin~ upon entering, they all fled and, being the last remaining member of the team, i left as well.

i get outside, and i see that i've been hit with a 10-minute penalty for leaving the dungeon. what gives?

(in my previous experience, only the first person to leave was penalized and unable to use team up for 5 minutes~ is this something new that's been implemented? did the people who fled before me all get this too?)

i also logged out for a few minutes to finish writing this post. when i logged back in, the timer was still stuck and hadn't moved. my playing time is very limited, so i hope that this is a bug and not something new that's been added (why should the remaining team suffer if someone quits and the instance can no longer be completed?).

-von
Yes, I also had that experience and I always thought it was unfair, because we had to paid the price of the other people who flee which makes no sense and this had been already in the game based on my experience. KI should something about this, because it cuts the time off to complete the dungeon if it was a quest and there are a lot of quests to complete and like you said, some people have a time limit in playing the game (myself included) and don't want to waste time on that. Now I usually just go into a realm that is very crowded and wait for people to join instead of teaming up or call my friends to help me.

-Alejandro 51

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013

-von
I could be wrong but I think the timer is designed to go "on hold" if you log off... similar to the teleport delay. I've noticed that when I log off, if I've just teleported and the timer is in effect... when I log back on the next time the timer is still active and teleport is greyed-out for the remaining seconds.

Defender
Nov 25, 2015

-von
This is not a glitch Von it is supposed to be a very minor punishment.I had this happen to and who knows why they fled there are some reasons why.
1.Leaving the game:The player leaves the dungeon because he/she has other things to do in real life.
2.Trolls:People who are trolls like to make people feel bad and angered just for the amusement of laughing at the trolled person.
3:Exploring curiosity:This means that a player who has not unlocked the zone as you is curious to see what is going on and then leave because they are relunctant(reason).
4.Area confusion:(Note this may be incorrect or is uncommon)Players who go into a area only to find out there in a wrong area and leave.
Hope this helps or not
Logan DarkWraith lvl51

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Rockpapershotgun on Feb 24, 2016 wrote:
This is not a glitch Von it is supposed to be a very minor punishment.I had this happen to and who knows why they fled there are some reasons why.
1.Leaving the game:The player leaves the dungeon because he/she has other things to do in real life.
2.Trolls:People who are trolls like to make people feel bad and angered just for the amusement of laughing at the trolled person.
3:Exploring curiosity:This means that a player who has not unlocked the zone as you is curious to see what is going on and then leave because they are relunctant(reason).
4.Area confusion:(Note this may be incorrect or is uncommon)Players who go into a area only to find out there in a wrong area and leave.
Hope this helps or not
Logan DarkWraith lvl51
i don't think #3 or 4 would apply here, as (to my knowledge) the instance is level-restricted and must be entered via sigil; if you're there, it's because you joined the team.

i do understand that things happen and that, sometimes, people need to leave. that's all fine and well, but why should i be penalized because you can't complete the instance?

(that's like saying someone stole your car because i left my garage door open. makes no sense, right?)

my point is, this needs to be fixed. if i'm left alone in an instance that requires 4 people, i shouldn't be punished for trying to find competent help.

-von

Delver
Mar 31, 2015
Dr Von on Feb 26, 2016 wrote:
i don't think #3 or 4 would apply here, as (to my knowledge) the instance is level-restricted and must be entered via sigil; if you're there, it's because you joined the team.

i do understand that things happen and that, sometimes, people need to leave. that's all fine and well, but why should i be penalized because you can't complete the instance?

(that's like saying someone stole your car because i left my garage door open. makes no sense, right?)

my point is, this needs to be fixed. if i'm left alone in an instance that requires 4 people, i shouldn't be punished for trying to find competent help.

-von
Amen to that.

Defender
Jun 09, 2015

-von
well that's weird I wonder why that happened well those people who left should get five more minutes for each time they exited