Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Halloween is far off but...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 13, 2013
I was wondering if people had any ideas they'd like to submit to make the Jack Hallow quests more enjoyable for the higher levels. Collecting ghosts and talking to pumpkins gets old pretty quick. My only idea would be to either add higher level quests to the existing Jack Hallow that can be unlocked at maybe level 50 (any other suggestions?) or make a 2nd one in a higher level world.
Maybe have a higher level boss to fight?
I'm just curious as to what other people might think or what they'd add to him if they could.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
We definitely need fresh content for level 50+ players that doesn't involve packs. A halloween quest event-thingy would be nice (like BOXES or lost pages, but halloween themed). I personally would love to see the old halloween pack retired and the items made into boss drops for some new boss, but we can't even retire bundles without people complaining and begging to have them brought back. *eye roll*

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
I'd like to see the Nosferabbit instance scale to level. Since it seems to be the only reliable source for Dead Beets I play the heck out of it with my Death wiz every time Halloween rolls around but it does get old pretty quickly.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2013
Starblood653 on Feb 19, 2016 wrote:
We definitely need fresh content for level 50+ players that doesn't involve packs. A halloween quest event-thingy would be nice (like BOXES or lost pages, but halloween themed). I personally would love to see the old halloween pack retired and the items made into boss drops for some new boss, but we can't even retire bundles without people complaining and begging to have them brought back. *eye roll*
I agree with you. Some of those things in the packs could very be boss drops but then everyone would be complaining about the pack going away (mainly for the wings and wand, I assume).
Maybe if they added a boss to fight ti could be Jack Hallow himself? He called that amulet thing a bauble but all we know that could have some actual properties to it. And whatever boss they did add for Halloween (high level) could cheat.What? What kind of high level Halloween boss wouldn't have a trick or two up his/her sleeve?

Survivor
Jun 13, 2013
TucsonWizard on Feb 19, 2016 wrote:
I'd like to see the Nosferabbit instance scale to level. Since it seems to be the only reliable source for Dead Beets I play the heck out of it with my Death wiz every time Halloween rolls around but it does get old pretty quickly.
I thought I responded to you.
It would be nice to see the Nosferabbit fight, or maybe even the whole dungeon, scaled up a bit. Not sure if I'd do it just saying it'd be nice.

Survivor
Oct 11, 2015
Starblood653 on Feb 19, 2016 wrote:
Ugh, to true...

Allison Shadowwhisper

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
If they scale to level the way bane and spiral cup do, then the rewards will still be junk except for the occasional dead beet seed.

And you'll have to work a lot harder to farm it, if chance happens to toss 4 exalts in there.

Instead of adding ghosts and jack-o-lanterns to higher worlds, add a Baron to each higher world (or some higher worlds) and have Jack Hallow meet you at the spiral door and send you there to beat him.

The Baron should be level-appropriate for the world he's in, and drop that level range's Nightmare/Harrowing Nightmare pack gear and items.

For instance, Baron Rengis could be a rank 11 vampire boss that lives in the empty hut just under the Baobab Crown ramp, and drop level 60-70 Darkwraith's Umbral/compelling gear, wand, etc. or level 60+ Jack Hallow's guitars, among other things.

This is an area thats often a bestselling zone for crowns players (for Mirror Lake) and putting a Baron-type boss there would show these folks that KI cares about their investment!

There ARE zones that are less frequently purchased, but have a fair amount of crowns-player appeal because they have challenging and unusual dungeons like Ghost Av + Lambent Fire (crystal caves) or Keep of Ganelon (outer yard). Putting a Halloween Baron in one of those ruined towers or cul-de-sacs is a great way to add enough value to a zone to tip the balance towards buying the zone.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2013
I know, I know, it took me 2 months to respond. I've been dead on here, sorry. I agree with what everyone's saying. Doing the same ghosts quests in higher level worlds would be a pain, especially since it would be much harder to avoid fights and all that isn't worth it for 50-100 gold.
The barons idea sounds great! Especially with the pack drops (because my luck with packs is awful). Also, I think another Halloween dungeon would be nice, too. Either a scaled up Nosferabbit, as someone said earlier, or a dungeon where we fight all the pumpkin brothers each with different cheats.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
Halloween exalted towers, it would be nice to have a briskbreeze style dungeon again for the nostalgia factor