Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Too much gold!!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 02, 2014
PLEASE help me. I'm a level 85 Fire Wizard and desperately need A way to get gold! I had max gold about 5 minutes ago, and bought the Guardians Outfit JUST to be able to sell my items! But, I sold my stuff, and once again i had 350,000 gold (The max for my level).

I really don't like not being able to sell things, but I don't like trashing them either. I usually feed them to my pet, but I would prefer to get better things out of them. I already have 2 mounts on my Fire, and 1 mount on my Life and Storm. I also have three houses, all from the crown shop. (Red Barn Farm, Fire House, and Wizards Watchtower). I might start collecting mounts, witch I think Might be fun, but I don't want to spend crowns on them. I do have a crowns only mount, but that's because I won it from a contest. If you guys think of any cool items I can buy, than please tell me! Also, I really don't like decorating houses.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I feel ya. A lot of times what I'll do is buy rare reagents. Many of them cost a lot of gold, and there's a good chance I may need it later on to craft something.

I'll also occasionally hatch pets, they cost a lot of gold if they have a decent pedigree.

Other than that, if I'm already at the Bazaar I'll just buy the most expensive thing I can find, sell it back, and then just keep on selling what I need to sell. Usually it's pet snacks or treasure cards that build up from gardening.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
I have the same problem. I recommend that you just start hatching like crazy and collect more mounts that can be bought with gold. Try for school hybrid pets or pets with stats you like. Other than that I'm not sure what else you can do (since you don't like decorating houses, that puts furniture out of the question). Or maybe just start buying more guardian outfits for all your wizards and see what other gear sets can be purchased with gold. Or maybe you can put items to sell in the shared bank for your other wizards so they can get gold too. Hopefully they'll raise the max gold...?

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
It is not uncommon for me to be at max gold. Finding new ways to 'lose' gold has become a small game between me and a friend. Here are the few things we have done in the past to lose excess gold without filling inventory.

1. buy gardening spells. Although you can only do that once per spell, it still gets rid of gold.

2. buy crafting recipes even if it is something you know you will never craft. There are tons of these and some of them cost 30,000 gold if not more.

3. Hatch with anyone willing to hatch regardless of the pet they have. It actually is sort of fun giving a lower level person a chance of getting a good pet. After the hatch, you can immediately sell the egg.

4. Buy all the fishing spells. As with gardening spells, you can only do that once.

5. Buy reagents. They don't fill up your inventory and you may just need them later.

6. Don't sell your items. Feed them to your pet. You get a chance of treasure cards, reagents, and even pet xp. Of course, you will still have to sell treasure cards, but you can just give them to a new player in the commons.

These are just a few ideas.
You stated you like decorating houses. Go through the bazaar and buy the unique housing items. I would also suggest the crafted furniture. Most of that is unique.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2012
Hey there!! I would suggest for you to buy pet snacks that are a higher rank. You can try buying plants. If you still end up having max gold, then store everything you need in your bank. That way when you run out of gold, you have some backup by selling.

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
Ok first of all:
HOW DO YOU HAVE MAX GOLD??? I am so jealous of you, I am always broke. My record is actually just 200,000 and I spent it all in just a few minutes!
Anyway, if you want to get rid of gold maybe you should give crafting a try. Crafting takes a lot of gold and determination but you can get a lot of good stuff out of it. Also, you could always just buy gardening or fishing spells. There are lots of hobbies you could try on Wizard101. Good luck!
- Gabrielle Silversword

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Lizziebell03 on Aug 3, 2015 wrote:
Ok first of all:
HOW DO YOU HAVE MAX GOLD??? I am so jealous of you, I am always broke. My record is actually just 200,000 and I spent it all in just a few minutes!
Anyway, if you want to get rid of gold maybe you should give crafting a try. Crafting takes a lot of gold and determination but you can get a lot of good stuff out of it. Also, you could always just buy gardening or fishing spells. There are lots of hobbies you could try on Wizard101. Good luck!
- Gabrielle Silversword
How do you NOT have max gold? I need to throw away 100k+ gold daily. With my gardens the TC and regents add up way too fast.

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
Whenever I get a message from Zeke stating I'm close to the gold limit, I open up the crown shop, go to the housing furniture section and select the option to buy items with gold instead of crowns. Then I just buy a few things.

When I'm low on gold, since I garden a lot, I have a lot of pet snacks that I don't use. I'll head to the bazaar and sell a few hundred pet snacks.

Defender
Mar 31, 2014
Buy all mounts with gold... just to collect them.
Buy as many houses as you can...
Start gardening, build a 69 stack garden and plant seeds that each cost 3,600 gold like Malestorm...

or just buy a house for 100,000 gold, sell it for 100 and rebuy another one :)

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
I am always broke because I train all of my pets on all of my wizards, regardless of skill. You go through a lot of pet food and a lot of money that way.

Defender
Apr 14, 2014
This comes from someone who spends all of their gold in one sitting, but this is useful when you're doing a dungeon.

Go to Hilda Brewer and click "fill all potions". As almost everyone in the spiral knows, potions cost gold. If you need to get back to full health and mana, use one and click "fill one potion".

Am I the first one to suggest this on this post?

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
And here I am trying to stay at 5k gold. xD
You could buy tons of pet snacks or reagents from the bazaar, or perhaps purchase tons of Astral cards.
A few Galvanic Fields had me broke for a week. xD

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
CowGoesMoo59 on Aug 1, 2015 wrote:
PLEASE help me. I'm a level 85 Fire Wizard and desperately need A way to get gold! I had max gold about 5 minutes ago, and bought the Guardians Outfit JUST to be able to sell my items! But, I sold my stuff, and once again i had 350,000 gold (The max for my level).

I really don't like not being able to sell things, but I don't like trashing them either. I usually feed them to my pet, but I would prefer to get better things out of them. I already have 2 mounts on my Fire, and 1 mount on my Life and Storm. I also have three houses, all from the crown shop. (Red Barn Farm, Fire House, and Wizards Watchtower). I might start collecting mounts, witch I think Might be fun, but I don't want to spend crowns on them. I do have a crowns only mount, but that's because I won it from a contest. If you guys think of any cool items I can buy, than please tell me! Also, I really don't like decorating houses.
another good option: go to the hatchery and, if you have a really awesome pet with good talents, offer to hatch with a random person.

i also have 3 exalted wizards and, when i need to get rid of gold, i hatch some neat hybrids (i hoard pets)... i have a chaos leviathan, forlorn sabertooth, and reanimated fossil (from myself), and a frostfang, wild sabertooth, crystalline fossil, lord of autum/spring that i have hatched with friends or random people around the spiral.

(this is how i keep my gold in check- i am exalted and have a max gold limit of 400K, which i hit regularly)

alternately, if i *need* gold, halfang is my personal wizarding atm. last night, a new friend i made needed gold to hatch his awesome pet with my awesome pet... so we fought halfang a few times and, several minutes later, we both had super-spiffy pets (got fairy and energizing battery, but failed at ancient with critical striker, lol). but i digress.

gold is there to enjoy, so have fun with it.

-von
big spender, pet hoarder extraordinaire