Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet may casts

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 03, 2013
Hello. I am having a Nightmare pet that may cast unicorn, but he rarely ever casts it. I have seen some pets that cast a heal whenever the owner takes damage. How to increase the chances that my pet casts a spell?
Andrew DeathHammer lvl 46

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Talents are either there or not. In a certain fight it might seem like one pet is very active, or inactive,but that is normal variability for chance events, and it evens out over time. There is nothing we can do to make a pet cast more. On a trigger event there is a % chance of it happening. Pure luck.

Unicorn is less frequent than sprite or fairy, but of course it heals the whole team, so it's valuable that way.

Defender
May 06, 2011
BabaRoga13 on Jun 26, 2015 wrote:
Hello. I am having a Nightmare pet that may cast unicorn, but he rarely ever casts it. I have seen some pets that cast a heal whenever the owner takes damage. How to increase the chances that my pet casts a spell?
Andrew DeathHammer lvl 46
Here is my theory that the strength of the may cast affects its rarity. For example, if a pet has the following maycasts; Sprite, Fairy, and Unicorn. Since Sprite is the weakest, it will appear most common, which it does. Fairy is not as common, and Unicorn is usually very uncommon. I don't believe there is a way to increase the chances though. Some people say that if you praise your pet after casting a spell (Good boy! Good Girl! etc) then it will increase the chance, but I think that's just a rumor.

Katherine Dragonblade Level 94