Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My thoughts of a Balance convert

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 06, 2011
We all know that there can't be a balance convert since there is no opposite school of balance. But maybe there could be a convert for balance.

After a couple of thinking, I thought of this:

There would be a balance convert. When a balance attack is used on the balance convert, it won't show up as anything - it would just change to an unknown element's attack. Then, there would be a new resistance that would resist against the convert, just to make it fair. Only wizards would be able to have the new resistance.

Then, I had this other idea:
Since balance has control over practically all of the six schools, the convert would pick a random element to convert the balance attack to.
I know this would probably have a lot of cons, so you can post the cons to improve this idea.

Defender
Jun 29, 2014
KatherineDragonBla... on Jun 20, 2015 wrote:
We all know that there can't be a balance convert since there is no opposite school of balance. But maybe there could be a convert for balance.

After a couple of thinking, I thought of this:

There would be a balance convert. When a balance attack is used on the balance convert, it won't show up as anything - it would just change to an unknown element's attack. Then, there would be a new resistance that would resist against the convert, just to make it fair. Only wizards would be able to have the new resistance.

Then, I had this other idea:
Since balance has control over practically all of the six schools, the convert would pick a random element to convert the balance attack to.
I know this would probably have a lot of cons, so you can post the cons to improve this idea.
Nice Idea doing quest for my balamce was a little hard without having converts
for wizard that are lvl10-90 should get a mastery used pierce. I have the same problem but since this darkmoor and jewel come it made things little better.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Balance doesn't need a prism, and shouldn't get one. It's counter to basic idea of balance.

Instead of a convert, Balance has the ability to do off-school damage using native spells. No other school has this ability.

Don't try to play (or make) Balance like other classes. Look for ways to use the tools you have more effectively.

Giving Balance a random covert on top of it's already great strengths would be way OP. There is no specific shield against balance, and in PvE the only things that resist it are other Balance. If you could convert to random damage besides it would indefensible.

Survivor
May 27, 2013
I was thinking the same thing today but because we have attacks of all different school attacks they wont add this

Defender
Nov 12, 2013
Prince of Shadows on Jun 21, 2015 wrote:
Balance doesn't need a prism, and shouldn't get one. It's counter to basic idea of balance.

Instead of a convert, Balance has the ability to do off-school damage using native spells. No other school has this ability.

Don't try to play (or make) Balance like other classes. Look for ways to use the tools you have more effectively.

Giving Balance a random covert on top of it's already great strengths would be way OP. There is no specific shield against balance, and in PvE the only things that resist it are other Balance. If you could convert to random damage besides it would indefensible.
Having balance being boosted by the spirit schools is "a counter to the basic idea of balance", since balance is made of every school that exists it should be boosted by every school. I have no idea what KI was thinking when it came to balance, because it utterly makes no sense whatsoever.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Balance is great the way it is. It doesn't need a prism. Having one would be OP since it can already to damage in other schools, and there is no specific shield against it.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Infallible and shrike help a lot too.

Explorer
Jan 28, 2012
I like it! I don't own a Balance wizard but that sounds really fair for them

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Gemma Luna on Jul 17, 2015 wrote:
Infallible and shrike help a lot too.
this.

for balance bosses, i buff up first. then shrike, infallible, and bam- i'm through 65-70% of the boss' 80% resist, and s/he is likely dead (or i use my pet's spectral blast if, by some chance, my first combo doesn't kill).

balance doesn't need a convert; that would defeat the purpose of balance.

-von
exalted

Survivor
Nov 13, 2009
Dr Von on Jul 18, 2015 wrote:
this.

for balance bosses, i buff up first. then shrike, infallible, and bam- i'm through 65-70% of the boss' 80% resist, and s/he is likely dead (or i use my pet's spectral blast if, by some chance, my first combo doesn't kill).

balance doesn't need a convert; that would defeat the purpose of balance.

-von
exalted
Boosting your pierce does help, but it's not as easy for lower levels to boost their piercing.