Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Disappointment

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 31, 2012
It deeply disappoints me to train a pet and get a fail talent at mega. I was training my unicorn, and I thought it would be the one that would get all the talents I want. But no. It already had four of the five talents I wanted. And when it reached mega, it learns health gift! Not spell proof! It disappoints me even more knowing that spell proof was somewhere in the talent pool, yet there are five other talents it could be.

Anyways, enough of complaining. How do I get rid of the one fail talent and get my pet to have spell proof along with spell defying, mc healing current, mc unicorn, and mc fairy?

I don't have another pet like my unicorn, I was just lucky that I managed to get four of five talents. And once I get my dream pet, I would like it to not be a unicorn since it doesn't give any cards. When I get all my talents, how can I transfer all to a pet such as a dryad? I only have one dryad, but it's a teen with the fail talents pain giver.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2012
Darthvarian on Jun 14, 2015 wrote:
It deeply disappoints me to train a pet and get a fail talent at mega. I was training my unicorn, and I thought it would be the one that would get all the talents I want. But no. It already had four of the five talents I wanted. And when it reached mega, it learns health gift! Not spell proof! It disappoints me even more knowing that spell proof was somewhere in the talent pool, yet there are five other talents it could be.

Anyways, enough of complaining. How do I get rid of the one fail talent and get my pet to have spell proof along with spell defying, mc healing current, mc unicorn, and mc fairy?

I don't have another pet like my unicorn, I was just lucky that I managed to get four of five talents. And once I get my dream pet, I would like it to not be a unicorn since it doesn't give any cards. When I get all my talents, how can I transfer all to a pet such as a dryad? I only have one dryad, but it's a teen with the fail talents pain giver.
I know you are disappointed, but your pet can't always have the stuff you want, but it is your pet, and if it has good stuff, then you don't need to worry. If you had spritely, fairy friend, unicorn, and energizing battery before health gift, then that is a GREAT pet, even if it does not have the talents you want. No pet is "Perfect", so you don't worry, because you young wizard, have a great pet, if it has lots of things you want. Good Luck

Travis TitanRider Lvl 91

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
I also forgot to mention: I hatched with someone;s dryad right before the unicorn became mega .
Another unicorn.

Currently it's teen and it got the missing talent spell proof, I'm hoping that if it gets another talent that I need at adult, I can hatch with the failed pet. But I still need help figuring out how to combine the talents and get rid of health gift.

Defender
Sep 17, 2011
Darthvarian on Jun 15, 2015 wrote:
I also forgot to mention: I hatched with someone;s dryad right before the unicorn became mega .
Another unicorn.

Currently it's teen and it got the missing talent spell proof, I'm hoping that if it gets another talent that I need at adult, I can hatch with the failed pet. But I still need help figuring out how to combine the talents and get rid of health gift.
Sometimes developing pets takes Generation.
I hatched like hundreds of times before I developed a pets with talents that I need.
Takes hard work trust me.
Anyways good luck in your training :)

Nicholas Star

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
2 ways that I know of:

1. You can continually Hatch with other Pets, focusing on attaining a higher Pedigree in order to breed out the Talent. This may take an extremely long time, and lots of gold.

2. You Hatch and Train Pets, to eventually, receive the 5 desired Talents instead of the undesired Talent(s).

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
Thank-you all for replying! A lot of people have their perfect pets, and I'm determined to eventually get mine. At least I'm getting there, the talents I want are in my pets, it's just luck now.