Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 11, 2015
Why do we have to have all these many different crafting tables when after we craft a set amount of objects all the tables including ones on other properties have to cool down? Why cant each crafting station have its own limits and cool down? Then say while your waiting for your housing crafting station to cool down you could make reagents or cards on your card crafting station or if you bought other house crafting stations and need more housing items you could use the other while waiting on the one. If all the stations are cooling down when not used why not just make one multi purpose crafting station that when it is used it is used so you wait for cool down. It would save a ton of coins and be more convenient considering I have to have like 5 or more tables just to craft and I could do other stuff with the room they are taking up.

Fallon

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
An advanced crafting table with a crafting rank requirement may not be out of the question. Or possibly a crown bought table, or both. The crafting tables are a minor gold sink, and they date back to the days when a pet was a mere decoration that followed you around. These days pets are far, far, more of a gold sink than these tables ever were.

On the otherhand it does make a sort of sense in a lore type of way. Traditionally wizards had laboratories filled magical paraphernalia. Besides having one table would limit you to crafting one thing at a time, you simply wouldn't have the table space. How large a table were you expecting? Oh you want one of those fancy multidimensional tables? Heh, if you thought crafting a house was difficult... Have you ever tried baking and sewing at the same table simultaneously? It isn't a good idea even with two separate people, let alone one person.

One could argue that the number of crafting slots your wizard has is limited because of the strain it puts on the wizard's concentration. I rather suspect the tables are being actively used by the wizard themselves and aren't fully automatic, after all what is the point of learning a crafting skill if the tables can craft by themselves? Three crafting slots are three activities plus gallivanting about the countryside, all at once.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Newt touched on the point I'll make which is that the "cool-down" period is not for the equipment, it's for the wizard. After all, if it was related to the crafting table then it would follow that you would have to purchase increasingly higher level tables in order to craft higher level items. Thankfully this is not the case. It's the wizard's skill that increases not the ability of the table. At max crafting level you can still use the same basic crafting station you got back in Wizard City, you're just able to use it a lot better.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2015
But I can bake a pie, build a crystal street lamp and a house....all at the same table LOL so why not just one multi purpose table instead of having to have so many? My character is an Artisan Crafter going on Legendary and its annoying. To add to this is another WHY? Why is it costing a fortune to build the Celestian Palace? Besides the coins for the recipe, farming for weeks for reagents and trying to buy some at bazaar. First off it is a ripoff of coins I have already invested over 800k coins to build this house I am not a quitter but I am getting close to being one. Take sandstone for instance it should be available to higher level wizards in one of the higher level worlds at a reasonable cost. It takes 15 sandstone to make 1 sunstone add this at 4000 a pop for sandstone to make 4 sconce and you get 60,000 for 1 sunstone, then you need 3 per sconce which comes to 180,000 then times 4 sconce, by the time you get the 4 sconce 720,000 and this is not including the other crafted items that need multiple sunstones if you are not lucky enough to find any or much sandstone. Ok back on track go to sell that same sandstone and be told they are offering I think it was 639 coins for it!! Come ON lets get real here if we have to PAY a fortune you would think we could at least GET a fortune back. Can this be fixed or do we always only get 1-5% of what things are really going to cost?
And by the way, it's taking forever but my celestial palace is very close to being done and YES it is costing WAY more in time, coins and crowns than most any other house would cost I feel there should be secret crafting stores where Master Crafters can go at high levels and buy reagents they need at a fair price.

Fallon

Survivor
Jan 11, 2015
I am back again this is about reagents and spells. First off why is it soooooooooo hard to get Amber? Out of the hundreds of packs I have bought I have not received even 1 Amber I don't have level 90 yet to go farm for it and I know people with death students way lower in level than me that have the deer knight spell. WHY can Loremaster after weeks of farming only give me a Loremaster spell that isn't even my school? I have tried to beg, borrow and steal to get this spell which I think should be available for my level. What is the ratio for Loremaster giving up the spells? I farmed her from 9am to 12am one day with short breaks to get food, drinks and bathroom and received nothing, zilch. It would not even matter if I could get Amber somewhere since all I really want is Deer Knight spell.
Anyway what gives with the no Amber but crappy reagents in packs and the Loremaster and stinginess of her spells? And where might I be able to actually get some Amber?

Fallon Death Student

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Fallon1127 on Jun 16, 2015 wrote:
I am back again this is about reagents and spells. First off why is it soooooooooo hard to get Amber? Out of the hundreds of packs I have bought I have not received even 1 Amber I don't have level 90 yet to go farm for it and I know people with death students way lower in level than me that have the deer knight spell. WHY can Loremaster after weeks of farming only give me a Loremaster spell that isn't even my school? I have tried to beg, borrow and steal to get this spell which I think should be available for my level. What is the ratio for Loremaster giving up the spells? I farmed her from 9am to 12am one day with short breaks to get food, drinks and bathroom and received nothing, zilch. It would not even matter if I could get Amber somewhere since all I really want is Deer Knight spell.
Anyway what gives with the no Amber but crappy reagents in packs and the Loremaster and stinginess of her spells? And where might I be able to actually get some Amber?

Fallon Death Student
What level are you?
  1. If you are below 30, Gardening is really the only source for amber.
  2. Level 30+ Gladiator Dimachaerus, hidden boss in Olympus.
  3. Level 70+ Sand Squid, hidden boss in Atlantea.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Reagent:Amber