Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gold Spending

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 26, 2012
For this post I'd thought I'd create and talk about the Gold that everyone has. Aside from players who spend a lot on house items and such, some of us just keep capping our gold. Is there anyway to introduce more needed base items into the Bazaar or even regular shops of the game that can actually be useful to us? I hardly need to spend my gold because I get the best of things from farming the good dungeons. If anything, I spend it on Reagents but that's mainly for crafting quests or for the small chance of crafting something for my new characters.

I don't know how to explain it other then that to be honest. Because when I cap at my Gold, I'm unable to sell anything. I don't want to buy anything because it pertains no use to me. And I can't trade it or stash it in my home or other characters because they're full and nearly capped as well. Which would lead to the trash icon in your inventory but I prefer to keep that stuff in case something I do need shows up and I have a quick supply of money to get.

Delver
Jun 29, 2011
Deshivimmi on Mar 13, 2015 wrote:
For this post I'd thought I'd create and talk about the Gold that everyone has. Aside from players who spend a lot on house items and such, some of us just keep capping our gold. Is there anyway to introduce more needed base items into the Bazaar or even regular shops of the game that can actually be useful to us? I hardly need to spend my gold because I get the best of things from farming the good dungeons. If anything, I spend it on Reagents but that's mainly for crafting quests or for the small chance of crafting something for my new characters.

I don't know how to explain it other then that to be honest. Because when I cap at my Gold, I'm unable to sell anything. I don't want to buy anything because it pertains no use to me. And I can't trade it or stash it in my home or other characters because they're full and nearly capped as well. Which would lead to the trash icon in your inventory but I prefer to keep that stuff in case something I do need shows up and I have a quick supply of money to get.
I suggest two options that will remedy your maxed-out gold dilemma, both of which are philanthropic. You could go to the hatchery and hatch your finest pet with someone who really needs to improve theirs, or you could buy a large number of expensive treasure cards and trade them to someone in The Commons, or a friend in need. I've done both in the past when I've maxed-out my gold, and it always leaves me with a good feeling.

Wolf Windrider
Exalted

Survivor
Jun 22, 2012
Hmm, interesting problem. I would recommend that you buy recipes for spells or something, and buy reagents and craft. Other than that IDK.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Deshivimmi on Mar 13, 2015 wrote:

Buy expensive gear items in the bazaar. You can store them in your bank for later resale when you need more gold. Eventually you just need to start buying and selling things. I typically buy a hat for 200k gold and sell it back for like 70k it opens up my bank enough to sell off TC's and items.

Survivor
Jan 26, 2012
I've done those things, aside from TC. I've got plenty of good pets and hatched with others who have asked. I have also crafted all available things I needed or wanted such as items or spells. It's still a problem though unless you're trying to trick out your house, which even then I have done to the max.

Survivor
Sep 22, 2013
A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
While I haven't hit cap yet, you could hatch to use up some gold. Or even buy a huge load of treasure cards and give them away for free in the commons