Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

no more Grub Guardian on Firefox 35

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
hi, if anyone else have this problem and found a solution, please tell me ;+P

I updated my old Firefox browser to the version #35 and Grub Guardian isn't loading anymore, grrr
- when I deactivated all Firefox addons that might mess with the Flash GG (Grub Guardian), some Google Ad is loading where the GG should be but still no GG (when I close the Google Ad I just get a blank area where the GG Flash game used to be)
- when I go to the same page with my previous Firefox, GG still loads as usual (I use Portable Firefox, that allowed me to keep the old version and thanks to that I can still play GG)

I noticed that GG changed recently by the way, with a bigger screen (which is nice ;+) and maybe there were other changes that my new Firefox doesn't handle properly?
I guess I just have to play on my old Firefox, waiting for a new version of GG or Firefox that let them understand each orther, lol
but if someone had the same problem and know how to fix it so I can use only my new Firefox browser, I'd be really glad to know ;+)
thanks

window.onbeforeunload = function() {}

Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
I will answer to myself as I've found a temporary solution if anyone encounters the same problem :
using my old Firefox was tedious so, until the game works again thanks to a new update of Grub Guardian or Firefox, I looked for a subtitute light browser

I've found a very serious study about alternate browsers (the guy tried a bunch of test softwares on them) and Midori was the winner : very light and fast, easy to intall and most of all, compatible with actual web specifications

I still use my beloved Firefox for everything else but now I can open Midori at the same time, just for Grub Guardian and it works fine ;+)
if you try it, just make sure to let KI Free Games web site use Javascript and Flash (it's just some buttons to click in the status bar at the bottom of Midori window)

by the way, does anyone know if Grub Guardian mobile app while be available worldwide. one day?
it would be awesome if I just could use my phone to play this game ;+D
but sadly I don't live in U.S. so the app isn't allowed on my phone, grrr

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
You might want to check to see if you have the latest flash player version. I just logged on to GG with Firefox version 35 and had no problem.

Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
WiseOne70 on Feb 16, 2015 wrote:
You might want to check to see if you have the latest flash player version. I just logged on to GG with Firefox version 35 and had no problem.
ah cool, thanks a lot for checking ;+D
I did update Flash too but then I probably missed some odd conflict between Firefox addons (some of them creates bugs sometimes where they really shouldn't, sigh)
I'll check again, I won't let them take me away from my Grub Guardian! eh, eh