Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New fire heal.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 25, 2012
Hey everybody, I'm a level 100 and I am really getting frustrated that we don't have anything but link and power link, which just takes our blades, and pixie is starting to become useless at this level, as 600-700 health doesn't make a difference in places like Darkmoor. Balance has availing and helping hands, storm has healing current, ice doesn't really need healing because of their resist and health, death gets healed on every hit, myth can just spam pixie and let minions do work or use earthquake and not take much damage, life obviously specializes in healing. All schools but fire have their own heal or ability to not need a heal in the first place. Is there any way we could get something like healing current, or an overtime heal that's stronger and doesn't take our blades/traps? Thanks for reading

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
Hello,

While I agree that the Fire school's "Heal" is lacking, I would like to bring up some important points mixed in with some of my own opinions on this matter.

Your Link spells do damage to your target while healing you, which is unique to the Fire school. Your gear also directly affects both the damage and healing outcome of your spell, so a Critical would not only heal you for more, but defeat your enemy quicker vs. a straight heal spell from some of the other schools you mentioned.

I don't have a level 100 Myth wizard, but I find it hard to believe they progressed through the Spiral using the method you described of just healing and allowing the Minion to do all the damage.

I won't bother to go into my opinions about the other schools you mentioned, except I will remind you of something you're already aware of; the amount of Training Points we can acquire by level 100. I don't know what your play style is like, but by level 100, you should have well over 40 Training Points and can easily afford to spend some in the Life school for the Satyr spell. You mentioned your Pixie spell is healing you for 600-700 points; imagine what Satyr would do for you

The Fire school has impressed me since I began playing Wizard 101, offering massive damage capability, both single target and multi target attacks. Their health pool is decent, and they possess a slightly better base accuracy than Storm. Fire is arguably the 2nd most powerful damage dealing school of the 7 schools offered. Balance is maintained in KI's eyes by the offset of their healing capabilities.

I am not trying to discourage you, or dismiss your suggestion, just explaining a different POV.

Best of luck to you,

Gabriel

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
YES somebody finally thinks that Fire needs a pure healing spell (link doesn't count since it's half attack, half healing). I really think that each school should have some sort of heal and have to stop relying on a Life Mastery amulet and use a school heal like Balance or Storm even Death and of course Life!
My idea for a healing spell would be:

Rank 3: Energetic Flames
Gives 750 base

Looks like: Fire comes out from underneath the player then turns green as it heals the player. (Simple I know but the health given back is good).

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
The Wyrm Slayer on Jan 17, 2015 wrote:
Hey everybody, I'm a level 100 and I am really getting frustrated that we don't have anything but link and power link, which just takes our blades, and pixie is starting to become useless at this level, as 600-700 health doesn't make a difference in places like Darkmoor. Balance has availing and helping hands, storm has healing current, ice doesn't really need healing because of their resist and health, death gets healed on every hit, myth can just spam pixie and let minions do work or use earthquake and not take much damage, life obviously specializes in healing. All schools but fire have their own heal or ability to not need a heal in the first place. Is there any way we could get something like healing current, or an overtime heal that's stronger and doesn't take our blades/traps? Thanks for reading
I agree and disagree

i agree you guys need a new heal

i disagree that every class but yours get good heals

all it get is a steal heal and unless the enemy cast over time heal then it useless on as you said pixe going out of style fast

almost got nothing but i know it has one heal and now a days they can't let there mino do the work because they get one shouted now a day myth can't even use minon in pvp anymore other then to delay the fight for a sec or to waste pip and pixe dose not help that much as you said for fire school

all you guys got it is over time heals that use blades and heal you and pix going out of style fast

all the rest are good with there heals but need one of there own that's not over time

level 100
level 76

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Here's the problem with this idea (which I agree with btw). If Fire gets a straight healing spell, then Ice, and Myth will want one. Then storm users will complain that healign current isnt effective enough, and the whole debate will cause KI to nerf any spell they give fire, as well as nerf it again because PvPers will complain it's not fair. Life users will then say that too many schools are taking away from life's main focus. Any of this sound familiar?

The problem is this, compare Fire and balance:

(fire) "They can heal themselves enough to get by, but nothing substantial."
(balance) "They have a little bit of everything, which allows them to surpass most monster resistances, heal themselves a little bit, and buff players."

It could be argued that both schools should get the same type of healing since both descriptive lines suggest minimal healing, yet Balance's healing spells are multiple times more powerful and are dedicated. I am NOT suggesting to nerf balance's healing at all, just to have a fair look at both school's spells.

I think a solution for fire, would be to give it a a dedicated healing spell. Maybe something like:

name: Cauterize
function: heals 10% of your maximum
cost: 4 pips

Even if you have 6,000 health, that would only yield you 600 health (less than satyr but for the same amount of 4 pips). Even if buffed with Primordial, you'll still only looking at 700 healing (before ni/out healing boost) using my example. Is this a perfect solution, no, but it's the one I came up with off the top of my head, and I feel it's a fair spell for all involved

Defender
Dec 07, 2012
The Wyrm Slayer on Jan 17, 2015 wrote:
I don't like this. I'm a life wiz. And having one heal for every school is ENOUGH! Then life is so useless then! Then life is really useless. All schools having lots of healing. Its makes life so useless then! I don't want my school to be useless!

Survivor
Jul 14, 2012
I completely agree with you but its not only fire that has this problem myth and ice are having the same ones although ice it isn't as needed with their high defense and health and what not but each school should get a heal of their own like how storm as healing current witch was needed and I think it is time for the other schools to get some love :3 but the heals shouldn't be too bigh to the point where life being a healer would be useless but just enough

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Fiona FairySong on Jan 19, 2015 wrote:
I don't like this. I'm a life wiz. And having one heal for every school is ENOUGH! Then life is so useless then! Then life is really useless. All schools having lots of healing. Its makes life so useless then! I don't want my school to be useless!
How would other schools having heals make Life useless? If you're solo, that won't matter at all, and if you're in a team, the other schools can focus on doing their thing without having to heal if you heal them. Also, Life isn't 100% about healing.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
I'm not against fire getting a better heal. But if that's the case life needs another AOE spell, a low pip shadow enhanced one.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2014
i think myth and fire ONLY ones who need a healing spell out the of the three school(ice fire and myth) who doesn't have one.Ice has allot of resist and base health which to be is enough and snow drift is really useful and has a decent amount of targets;such as,regenerate,availing hands, healing hands,sprite,link,and power link. SIx targets seems pretty decent for a school who has allot of health and defense, but this spell seems more for death sense they entire school is based on stealing health and keeping the enemy from healing so isn't stealing their heal overtime apart of that? A bad move for KI, but back to the topic. Myth should get their heal from a minion of some sorts or a way better steal health/sap health spell maybe it could be 2 pips and says sacrifice any minion(your minions and enemies not your teammates) for 1,000 and this spell can critical and boost does effect it and doom and infection and what not work as well.I think this is completely fair since myth has the second to the last worst health only second to storm and is based entirely on minions.The heal is situational at best because it requires a minion to be on the field and since they are minion base i think they should be able to sacrifice the enemies minion for their own gain like balance has with power nova 2 pips just like my spell and does it for selfish gain. FIre spell has to be a dot the reason i say this because most heals are based on the schools overall concept storm has healing current which is a random chance that you will get 1/3 which storm is wild and unpredictable like wild bolt and insane so heal has to be as well.Life is just life so they can heal can come from any aspect. Death heal is sacrifice which everyone knows death does hurt yourself for your own gain(while taking death charms negative charms universal and death wards off as well)

Survivor
Mar 16, 2014
Balance has to have a dot because it would a even more op heal then it is now having it a dot gives us time to kill them or steal it. So since most heals are just like their schools fire heal will have to be a dot but stronger than link and power link.It would have to be either 3-4 pips since death storm and balance all have a 3 pip heal spell or 4 like availing and satyr.Fire is kind of hard to think of since it is a fire which burns so how would you heal yourself without hurting yourself like death,but fire is essential for life. Maybe you go on fire then a dot appears at your feet then your flames end and it will do 200+600 overtime so that's 200 for each round with boost and critical could be a game changer while weaker than balance the extra initial damage will help fire get out of dire situations more quickly with boost and critical it would be about 500-600 on at first and doing that much per tick which in all is about 2000 basically like balance but a few hundreds different which makes sense since fire is still a offensive skill but storm can also get into the 2000's if they hit 1000 and death as well and myth with my new spell which will even all the schools out Life will still be number 1 balance in 2000's death in 2000's fire in 2000's storm in 2000's myth is 2000's and ice will have a extra still target the fire heal dot which makes ice have 7 targets! I think this is the best way to handle this unfair healing towards myth and fire yes i see why ice's get mad but come on guys how much defense you need, and life is really complaining like wow come on you guys have major boost and a lot of heals unlike other school which max number of school heals is 2 which is fire links and balance hands and you have how many?Oh right lots and i think that's selfish that you guys want to make other school depend on you all the time KI already gave you guys good hits so they helping you offensive wise why can't other school be helped defensive wise.Well bye hope i helped.

Defender
May 02, 2010
dayerider on Jan 19, 2015 wrote:
Here's the problem with this idea (which I agree with btw). If Fire gets a straight healing spell, then Ice, and Myth will want one. Then storm users will complain that healign current isnt effective enough, and the whole debate will cause KI to nerf any spell they give fire, as well as nerf it again because PvPers will complain it's not fair. Life users will then say that too many schools are taking away from life's main focus. Any of this sound familiar?

The problem is this, compare Fire and balance:

(fire) "They can heal themselves enough to get by, but nothing substantial."
(balance) "They have a little bit of everything, which allows them to surpass most monster resistances, heal themselves a little bit, and buff players."

It could be argued that both schools should get the same type of healing since both descriptive lines suggest minimal healing, yet Balance's healing spells are multiple times more powerful and are dedicated. I am NOT suggesting to nerf balance's healing at all, just to have a fair look at both school's spells.

I think a solution for fire, would be to give it a a dedicated healing spell. Maybe something like:

name: Cauterize
function: heals 10% of your maximum
cost: 4 pips

Even if you have 6,000 health, that would only yield you 600 health (less than satyr but for the same amount of 4 pips). Even if buffed with Primordial, you'll still only looking at 700 healing (before ni/out healing boost) using my example. Is this a perfect solution, no, but it's the one I came up with off the top of my head, and I feel it's a fair spell for all involved
I'd say make it 4 pips, but heal 120+840 over time.

or, maybe 2 pips and heal 100, 500, or 1000. I dont know. There are so many possible combinations which is why we need more input.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Marzelles on Jan 21, 2015 wrote:
Balance has to have a dot because it would a even more op heal then it is now having it a dot gives us time to kill them or steal it. So since most heals are just like their schools fire heal will have to be a dot but stronger than link and power link.It would have to be either 3-4 pips since death storm and balance all have a 3 pip heal spell or 4 like availing and satyr.Fire is kind of hard to think of since it is a fire which burns so how would you heal yourself without hurting yourself like death,but fire is essential for life. Maybe you go on fire then a dot appears at your feet then your flames end and it will do 200+600 overtime so that's 200 for each round with boost and critical could be a game changer while weaker than balance the extra initial damage will help fire get out of dire situations more quickly with boost and critical it would be about 500-600 on at first and doing that much per tick which in all is about 2000 basically like balance but a few hundreds different which makes sense since fire is still a offensive skill but storm can also get into the 2000's if they hit 1000 and death as well and myth with my new spell which will even all the schools out Life will still be number 1 balance in 2000's death in 2000's fire in 2000's storm in 2000's myth is 2000's and ice will have a extra still target the fire heal dot which makes ice have 7 targets! I think this is the best way to handle this unfair healing towards myth and fire yes i see why ice's get mad but come on guys how much defense you need, and life is really complaining like wow come on you guys have major boost and a lot of heals unlike other school which max number of school heals is 2 which is fire links and balance hands and you have how many?Oh right lots and i think that's selfish that you guys want to make other school depend on you all the time KI already gave you guys good hits so they helping you offensive wise why can't other school be helped defensive wise.Well bye hope i helped.
Have you ever heard the term "cauterization"? It's a medical procedure, that they do stop it from bleeding or to sterilize it. They don't HAVE to use flame, they can use acid to burn it. I've had it done a few times and it didn't hurt in the area they did it to me. Just because they burn you does NOT mean they use actual flame, but it is still burning.

Also, to touch on your last post about ice, ice could get a healing spell, but it should not be very strong. Make a new spell called Ice Pack. it doesnt need a big healing spell, but that could easily be accommodated.

my point about balance was to compare the description of that against fire. it could be argued that they both mean the same thing, but balance's healing spells FAR surpass that of fire's.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
J StormCatcher on Jan 21, 2015 wrote:
I'd say make it 4 pips, but heal 120+840 over time.

or, maybe 2 pips and heal 100, 500, or 1000. I dont know. There are so many possible combinations which is why we need more input.
Your second idea is very much like healing current (which is hotly debated) and your first idea is overpowered. 2 pips for (average) 534? That's just too much. With 2 average heals, this spell, for the same pips as satyr, would heal MORE than satyr, by 200+ health. This is why I suggested a healing spell based off of your max health. it would be a new type of spell all together, the spell i illustrated would NOT be overpowered, and would cost a proper amount of pips. Im not trying to shoot down your idea, im suggesting that we need to make sure it's well thought out. Even if my idea ISNT used, I, like you, are trying to get the conversation going :) THAT is the important thing.

These are just MY opinions of course, and you are VERY welcome to disagree

Defender
Nov 12, 2013
I agree that both fire and myth should get a new heal. So you know how a phoenix reincarnates itself when it dies? My spell is based off of that idea.

Fire: Rising From the Ashes, player regains 15% health back after being defeated & -35 percent weakness on self or, player gains 850 health, both for 6 pips so it doesn't outdo satyr too badly. I think it should be for levels 70+, around that area.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Arcanexo on Jan 24, 2015 wrote:
I agree that both fire and myth should get a new heal. So you know how a phoenix reincarnates itself when it dies? My spell is based off of that idea.

Fire: Rising From the Ashes, player regains 15% health back after being defeated & -35 percent weakness on self or, player gains 850 health, both for 6 pips so it doesn't outdo satyr too badly. I think it should be for levels 70+, around that area.
Life already has a very similar spell, and I don't think different schools should have basically the same spell with a different name.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Marzelles on Jan 21, 2015 wrote:
i think myth and fire ONLY ones who need a healing spell out the of the three school(ice fire and myth) who doesn't have one.Ice has allot of resist and base health which to be is enough and snow drift is really useful and has a decent amount of targets;such as,regenerate,availing hands, healing hands,sprite,link,and power link. SIx targets seems pretty decent for a school who has allot of health and defense, but this spell seems more for death sense they entire school is based on stealing health and keeping the enemy from healing so isn't stealing their heal overtime apart of that? A bad move for KI, but back to the topic. Myth should get their heal from a minion of some sorts or a way better steal health/sap health spell maybe it could be 2 pips and says sacrifice any minion(your minions and enemies not your teammates) for 1,000 and this spell can critical and boost does effect it and doom and infection and what not work as well.I think this is completely fair since myth has the second to the last worst health only second to storm and is based entirely on minions.The heal is situational at best because it requires a minion to be on the field and since they are minion base i think they should be able to sacrifice the enemies minion for their own gain like balance has with power nova 2 pips just like my spell and does it for selfish gain. FIre spell has to be a dot the reason i say this because most heals are based on the schools overall concept storm has healing current which is a random chance that you will get 1/3 which storm is wild and unpredictable like wild bolt and insane so heal has to be as well.Life is just life so they can heal can come from any aspect. Death heal is sacrifice which everyone knows death does hurt yourself for your own gain(while taking death charms negative charms universal and death wards off as well)
First of all, Myth is NOT "based entirely on minions." The minions become pretty much useless in the later levels, and I haven't used a single minion since Marleybone on my Myth, simply because they're not useful to me in any way. That's also why a possible new heal shouldn't be reliant on minions, because what we need isn't a heal that's "situational at best", we need a reliable heal. Also, being able to sacrifice your enemy's minion will never be useful outside PvP, because PvE enemies don't use minions.

I agree that Fire's heal should be over time (Heal over Time = HoT?).

As for Ice, Snow Drift is not a reliable heal. How often do the enemies use HoTs in PvE? Yeah, it's really rare. You're only talking about PvP, which can also be seen in your reasoning to why Balance's heals should be over time. Yeah, it gives you time to steal it or kill them in PvP, but what about PvE? It gives the enemies time to kill us. I'd say that if balance gets a new heal, it should be a single, solid heal so you don't have to wait for it to actually affect you.

I agree that Life really shouldn't be complaining, it's not like they lose the ability to heal if other schools get to heal themselves efficiently without a Life Mastery Amulet.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2012
I have a level 100 fire. Just my opinion here, but, I would say work on a pet to do the healing for you.
My pet is a deer knight, has double resist and 3 heal may casts. healing current, fairy, and unicorn.
It took a ton of hatching and training to get him, but well worth it, as he not only ads 15 universal resist, but heals me quite well in hard battles.
To me, adding a fire heal spell would just cause the fight your in to last longer, as you would be using pips to heal rather than hit.
K.I. has the decks with extra pip to start, so fire is quite capable of a massive multi hit, with 3 blades up, in 4 rounds.
I use fire blade, sharpened fire blade, and a tc fire blade. all free to use, no pip cost.
the pet usually casts a heal during the first four rounds, so that's an added bonus
If your wizard is set with good critical, high pip chance, and decent resist, you could hit in 4 rounds with serpent or rain of fire.
Again, this is just my way of fighting, and just my opinion

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
mmoluvr on Jan 18, 2015 wrote:
Hello,

While I agree that the Fire school's "Heal" is lacking, I would like to bring up some important points mixed in with some of my own opinions on this matter.

Your Link spells do damage to your target while healing you, which is unique to the Fire school. Your gear also directly affects both the damage and healing outcome of your spell, so a Critical would not only heal you for more, but defeat your enemy quicker vs. a straight heal spell from some of the other schools you mentioned.

I don't have a level 100 Myth wizard, but I find it hard to believe they progressed through the Spiral using the method you described of just healing and allowing the Minion to do all the damage.

I won't bother to go into my opinions about the other schools you mentioned, except I will remind you of something you're already aware of; the amount of Training Points we can acquire by level 100. I don't know what your play style is like, but by level 100, you should have well over 40 Training Points and can easily afford to spend some in the Life school for the Satyr spell. You mentioned your Pixie spell is healing you for 600-700 points; imagine what Satyr would do for you

The Fire school has impressed me since I began playing Wizard 101, offering massive damage capability, both single target and multi target attacks. Their health pool is decent, and they possess a slightly better base accuracy than Storm. Fire is arguably the 2nd most powerful damage dealing school of the 7 schools offered. Balance is maintained in KI's eyes by the offset of their healing capabilities.

I am not trying to discourage you, or dismiss your suggestion, just explaining a different POV.

Best of luck to you,

Gabriel
I totally agree with you. I'm a lvl 93 pyromancer in Krysallis and I find that my Power Link is still a good heal and damage spell. It will also do more damage with the addition of a blade or trap (I quite often use feint). This spell has saved me countless times and continues to do so. As a Pyromancer I'm VERY grateful to have a spell that not only heals me but damages the enemy too. The one trick I have learnt is not to wait until your health is too low otherwise it simply won't heal enough to take the damage that the enemy inflicts on you.
Added to the fact that there is still pixie and a healing pet, if you have one ( I have a frontier dragon) and you can train in death spell steals such as ghoul, vampire and wraith and health really shouldn't be too much of an issue for you.
Good luck in the Spiral
Michael Dtagonflame lvl 93

Survivor
Mar 16, 2014
Well to clear up the confusion i wasn't saying myth is based entirely on minions cause i have a level 100 myth and doesn't depend on minions at all i am saying that since myth is suppose to be intended on that purpose they should have a heal based off sacrificing their minion or enemies minion since it will bring more dynamic to the game plus makes the myth minion more useful and more seen. I still think their heals should be situational because myth would become just a bit op if they had a solid heal like fire would so that's why i think in order to make it fair make it situational but very easy to accomplish summon minion this turn sacrifice the next especially since myth has stun potential you can save yourself some time to get the heal off such as summon minion stun then sacrifice or whatever new ideas come up.ALSO yes i am talking mainly on pvp because if myth or fire gets any type of heal pvp will be the main thing affected,but thanks for the feedback but dont take everything so literally lol just my take on how the game was meant to be(i think myth was suppose to be based on minions helping blah blah which is what the book say at the beginning on the game)

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Marzelles on Jan 26, 2015 wrote:
Well to clear up the confusion i wasn't saying myth is based entirely on minions cause i have a level 100 myth and doesn't depend on minions at all i am saying that since myth is suppose to be intended on that purpose they should have a heal based off sacrificing their minion or enemies minion since it will bring more dynamic to the game plus makes the myth minion more useful and more seen. I still think their heals should be situational because myth would become just a bit op if they had a solid heal like fire would so that's why i think in order to make it fair make it situational but very easy to accomplish summon minion this turn sacrifice the next especially since myth has stun potential you can save yourself some time to get the heal off such as summon minion stun then sacrifice or whatever new ideas come up.ALSO yes i am talking mainly on pvp because if myth or fire gets any type of heal pvp will be the main thing affected,but thanks for the feedback but dont take everything so literally lol just my take on how the game was meant to be(i think myth was suppose to be based on minions helping blah blah which is what the book say at the beginning on the game)
Don't say something you don't mean, no one can know whether you meant something or not through the internet.

I'll think every school should have a reliable way of healing themselves, no matter what anyone says or how it could affect PvP. If I have to use a minion to be able to heal, it's going to take two turns for me to heal myself, which can be crucial. Also, other schools only need one turn, so why should Myth be at a disadvantage? AoE hits are also becoming more and more common for higher level creatures, so either my minion might die before I can get a heal off, otherwise it would take too many pips to summon a minion that'll last until my next turn AND then heal, or I might even die before I can heal. Maybe I could summon the minion sooner? It'll draw aggro and get killed, and even though I might last longer, I'll still have to summon the minion when I want to heal. As for stun potential to get time to heal, that's basically only relevant in PvP due to most bosses being stun immune.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2011
I know many will disagree, and that's okay, but I've always been a fan of each class bringing its own offerings to the table. Life should, by all means, be the best healer, but should lack in damage. Not have zero damage, but do the weakest damage. I don't think the most powerful of damage dealers should be able to heal well enough to be able to solo the game, unless they use the training points to take them in that secondary direction. In so many games the class lines are being blurred because the developers cave in to the players all wanting everything. It's like they have all become one class with different pictures as to how the creatures are killed.

Personally, I think the damage of Life is too high. I think Myth minions at latter levels (from what I'm reading, not by experience) need to be strengthened. I think each class should have a token heal, which is weak but can help to stay alive an extra turn to get the kill. But not one that can keep them alive indefinitely. Balance should tone down their damage a little, and perhaps their heals a little, but they should be considered a utility class. They shouldn't be putting out the ungodly destruction...they should be helping the other party members do that. Their heals should be better than the other classes (except life) because they are utility, which focuses on helping to control the flow of the fight.

Storm and Fire should be considered damage dealers. Fire focusing on AOE and DoTs, with storm focusing on direct attacks and stuns. Death will also have reasonable heals as they should focus on drains and DoTs, but the heals should be self only and the damage they dish out should be cut back some. Ice is where it should be, I think, with the focus on being the tank. Drawing enemy attacks and persisting. They should still only get a token heal though and rely on a stronger hearer to keep them alive. Myth's strength should be the minions.

These are just my thoughts, no better or worse than anyone else's.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Caldereon on Jan 27, 2015 wrote:
I know many will disagree, and that's okay, but I've always been a fan of each class bringing its own offerings to the table. Life should, by all means, be the best healer, but should lack in damage. Not have zero damage, but do the weakest damage. I don't think the most powerful of damage dealers should be able to heal well enough to be able to solo the game, unless they use the training points to take them in that secondary direction. In so many games the class lines are being blurred because the developers cave in to the players all wanting everything. It's like they have all become one class with different pictures as to how the creatures are killed.

Personally, I think the damage of Life is too high. I think Myth minions at latter levels (from what I'm reading, not by experience) need to be strengthened. I think each class should have a token heal, which is weak but can help to stay alive an extra turn to get the kill. But not one that can keep them alive indefinitely. Balance should tone down their damage a little, and perhaps their heals a little, but they should be considered a utility class. They shouldn't be putting out the ungodly destruction...they should be helping the other party members do that. Their heals should be better than the other classes (except life) because they are utility, which focuses on helping to control the flow of the fight.

Storm and Fire should be considered damage dealers. Fire focusing on AOE and DoTs, with storm focusing on direct attacks and stuns. Death will also have reasonable heals as they should focus on drains and DoTs, but the heals should be self only and the damage they dish out should be cut back some. Ice is where it should be, I think, with the focus on being the tank. Drawing enemy attacks and persisting. They should still only get a token heal though and rely on a stronger hearer to keep them alive. Myth's strength should be the minions.

These are just my thoughts, no better or worse than anyone else's.
You should take into consideration that not everyone has the option to play with other people, especially in the more scarcely populated higher worlds. You should have the ability to solo most of the game with any school, which includes being able to heal yourself without having to use seven training points and either ten thousand crowns or time to farm for a mastery amulet.

I also have a Myth wizard, and I think it'd be cool if minions stayed valid throughout the game, but that wouldn't be accomplished by giving them stronger spells. Their AI should be improved the higher you go. Most minions are so dumb they're pretty much just a way to make your battles harder anyways.

Defender
May 02, 2010
mmoluvr on Jan 18, 2015 wrote:
Hello,

Best of luck to you,

Gabriel
Darkmoor gear does not provide an incoming health boost such as the Waterworks or the Unseen Lord's gear did. Even a critical power link would heal around 600 health total over 3 rounds (and this is taking in account my athame and ring incoming.)

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
My opinion is leave it all alone!
If you look at the basic storyline of the game, the spellcasters of Wizard City are all soldiers in a war against the various evils that would rain destruction down on the Spiral. So if we were to look at this from a soldier's perspective we'd see that in a normal military grouping we'd have a similar arrangement to what we have in W101. Each member of the team, in this case each school, has their specialty whether it be attacking, absorbing damage, boosting other team members, healing etc. While each individual member might have a "bandage" to stop the bleeding until help arrives, there is normally one member of the team, the medic, who's primary job is to heal. Fire's bandage is the Link spells, Storm's bandage is Healing Current, etc. etc. These spells aren't meant to be massive cures but they stem the flow long enough for the user's attacks to do their damage. Introducing large scale healing spells to the non-Life schools would go a long way towards contributing to the sameness of all schools and this is what I'm opposed to. Variety baby, variety! Why bother playing as a Life wizard when you can do the same thing they can and also cast a Fire Dragon or Storm Lord? The only way I'd be in favor of more powerful non-Life school healing spells would be if they were "self-only". Judging by the number of maxed-out non-Life wizards I think it's safe to say that it's not necessary for these schools to have healing spells over and above what they have now. They obviously got where they are without a large scale school specific heal.