Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth Needs a Heal!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 04, 2012
I somewhat recently began a myth character, and after starting to PvP on him, I've come to realize that Myth is in desperate need of their own school-specific heal. Every other school has some sort of spell that has to do with healing:

Fire -- Power Link
Ice -- doesn't have one, but they're loaded on health and they have Snow Drift, which has to do with healing
Storm -- Healing Current
Life -- Well...yah.
Death -- Sacrifice and drain spells
Balance -- Helping/ Availing Hands

So besides Ice, which doesn't really need their own heal anyway, Myth is left out of the Heal Party...
And they are the one school in PvP right now that REALLY needs it! They have lower base health than most schools, and a lack of conserative backups, making a life mastery amulet almost mandatory for any effective Myth 1v1 strategy. If Myth did have their own heal, that would open up so many new and effective mastery amulet possibilities!

I guess if you count sacrifice minion as a heal, then Myth does have something....but sacrifice minion is a total waste since it kills your minion and only gives you back like 300 health. Plus, every other school has some sort of sacrifice minion spell too, which doesn't make the myth version special :( .

My suggestion? Make some sort of 2 or 3 pip heal for myth obtained from a quest sometime around level 45. It could be some sort of heal over time spell, or maybe a legit sacrifice minion spell, that gave back like 800 or 900 health instead of a measly 300 health. That's just my idea.

Let me know what you think, fellow Conjurers!

Aaron GoldenStone

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
BBallPro7905 on Dec 7, 2014 wrote:
I somewhat recently began a myth character, and after starting to PvP on him, I've come to realize that Myth is in desperate need of their own school-specific heal. Every other school has some sort of spell that has to do with healing:

Fire -- Power Link
Ice -- doesn't have one, but they're loaded on health and they have Snow Drift, which has to do with healing
Storm -- Healing Current
Life -- Well...yah.
Death -- Sacrifice and drain spells
Balance -- Helping/ Availing Hands

So besides Ice, which doesn't really need their own heal anyway, Myth is left out of the Heal Party...
And they are the one school in PvP right now that REALLY needs it! They have lower base health than most schools, and a lack of conserative backups, making a life mastery amulet almost mandatory for any effective Myth 1v1 strategy. If Myth did have their own heal, that would open up so many new and effective mastery amulet possibilities!

I guess if you count sacrifice minion as a heal, then Myth does have something....but sacrifice minion is a total waste since it kills your minion and only gives you back like 300 health. Plus, every other school has some sort of sacrifice minion spell too, which doesn't make the myth version special :( .

My suggestion? Make some sort of 2 or 3 pip heal for myth obtained from a quest sometime around level 45. It could be some sort of heal over time spell, or maybe a legit sacrifice minion spell, that gave back like 800 or 900 health instead of a measly 300 health. That's just my idea.

Let me know what you think, fellow Conjurers!

Aaron GoldenStone
Every wizard is given Pixie. Use it.
Every wizard can train life to Sprite or Satyr... do that.
There is no reason to change spells and KI will not add lower level spells as it wouldn't make sense and would throw off the balance of the game entirely.
PvP is not the major concern here... it is an optional function only.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2010
I agree but the only reason kingsisle didn't give you a good sacfrifice minion card is because it gave you a 0 pip minion. And I agree no one ever uses that spell but there would be so many people out there that say you could just spam that. But i mean it would take a pip and 2 turns for one heal. it also wouldn't work if you were going second becuase it would be very simple for the opponent to kill your minion with 45 health . A healing card for myth would be a bit difficult. and it would definitely be a heal over time spell. I'd say either give myth a minon that heals a lot with a lot of health or give it this:

Colossal worship. Colossals come out to warship a fallen brother (just a pile of rocks) and kneel and put swords down vertically. they let go and the swords crumble, rocks go float and ciricle aroud you and heal. (4pips, 80 accuracy, heals 200 initial health, along with 600 over time.)

Tell me what you think

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
Sorry I can't agree with you on this.
Myth have some awesome (and very frustrating spells)
You can:
Smash shields and blades with Earthquake
Stun enemies with Basillisk and Medusa
Everytime you stun you are virtually given a free turn and thus your next spell should be to cast fairy on yourself (or a healing TC)
There is also nothing to stop you training in Life or Death as your second school to gain life or health steal spells.This is why training points should be well spent.
I have a lot of respect for Myth players but facing the new level 100 Myth spell from bosses in Darkmoor is making me reconsider this lol.
Good luck in the Spiral
James Dreamweaver Exhalted

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Siphon minion gives 400 health and only costs 1 pip. Myth also has 0 pip minions. Also everyone gets Pixie for 2 pips.

Explorer
Jun 26, 2012
I agree with this, but the only issue is that if myth gets another spell, every other school would need to get another spell. Perhaps this could include the low pip AoE life has been waiting for...?

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
This would work best with you going first of course, but:

Golem Minion=free cast
Siphon Health+Primordial = 500 incoming health for 1 pip

In 2 rounds, you can heal just fine, the same as Pixie, for the cost of Sprite.

Others have said to learn Sprite, and to train higher. There's also healing pets as well.

Survivor
May 11, 2011
I have not played Myth, but lack of a healing spell could be costly in the game. You can train pets to heal, though that is a rare event. Training pips are there for you to use to learn spell from other schools, and you could always purchase an amulet to help with using those spell.s I do think Myth should get at least one heal for the school, and maybe ice could as well. Storm needed it, and got healing current in one of the past releases. Why not do the same for these two schools as well?

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
STORM, is a glass cannon...
Low HP
Low DEF
This is why they needed a heal
Myth and Ice are TANKS
High HP
High Def Gear
Apples and Oranges my freind, Apples and Oranges

As far as pets learning heals being a "Rare Event"...
I have hundreds of pets with 3 heals and double resist...
They all heal more than I could ever need them to at lower levels,a nd at least enough to keep me in the fights solo at the higher levels and worlds...

I'm not sure where the need for a Heal comes in when there's amulets, gear, and pets that all have heals attached...

Survivor
Jan 12, 2011
I sort of agree but what it needs more is a hit all spell

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
well in theory any class can train life to satyr - pets do most of the healing now days

Survivor
Apr 01, 2013
i kinda agree with you, but then again we are given pixie

Survivor
Jul 20, 2013
Survivor
May 11, 2011
What I meant by a rare event in pet heals is not them actually having the talent, as all of mine that could have it do. It is the occurrence of those heals. Not everyone has the time or money to breed and hatch to get a pet with multiple heal spells. For some reason, I could be in a boss battle that is taking 30 minutes or longer, on the second round of my deck, and still not see my pet heal me once. What's the first thing the pet does when I am at full health fighting a mob though? heal. Its the occurrence of the heal, not the ability to learn the talent.

There are items with gear attached, and when having pips becomes critical,either in trying to save up to heal or simply the amount that would have to be used to heal using a different school, it can be life or death in a battle. A person should not have to purchase, or for those of use with lives outside of the game, farm for hours on in praying to get an amulet, just to be able to stay alive long enough to progress. Even if those heals come at higher levels (like with the next major release perhaps? And as a side quest, like what was done in GH?) it would still be an improvement to play for those schools.

Defender
May 17, 2014
Trust me, as a fire wizard I can tell you that they have no useful heal spells, but I still do just fine.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2010
Yea life and a side of balance are really the only schools that don't require effort to get a healing spell I don't think it's gonna change. Besides you have pixie, tower of helephant gives life masteries, life school training, and sacrifice minion.

Explorer
Jun 08, 2012
Last time I checked Myth was also given the spell Pixie. My myth had no problem once so ever competing the game, so you shouldn't either.