Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Idea: pvp options

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 24, 2010
Firstly, add the option to disable the use of treasure cards. It's quite frustrating to be matched with a level 5 who defeats you in a couple of rounds using a stormzilla TC.

Secondly, make a mode where stats are limited. For example, no one should have immunity at all. That's just unfair. Make a version of pvp where resist is capped at 30% (like the good old times).

Third, Practive pvp is just broken. I am a level 70 and I always get matched with a level 10 and I feel so bad for them.

We should have more balanced pvp. Also in continuation to the more options idea, add a feature to remove pets. I personally don't think pets are fair. Some people have hatched for years, and have super godly stats, but a level 5 wizard is not gonna have a super good pet because hatching costs 40,000 gold.

These are just my ideas, just a bit more customization would help with pvp. Because it's unbalanced right now.

Survivor
May 28, 2014
I also have ideas for pvp how about minion vs minion of course there should be equal in level or rank where all you do is either shield or heal or blade your minion and only the minions are doing the fighting. the second idea is polymorph vs polymorph how that works is the polymorphs are already provided and chosen at random.

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
Jacob StormTalon on Nov 19, 2014 wrote:
Firstly, add the option to disable the use of treasure cards. It's quite frustrating to be matched with a level 5 who defeats you in a couple of rounds using a stormzilla TC.

Secondly, make a mode where stats are limited. For example, no one should have immunity at all. That's just unfair. Make a version of pvp where resist is capped at 30% (like the good old times).

Third, Practive pvp is just broken. I am a level 70 and I always get matched with a level 10 and I feel so bad for them.

We should have more balanced pvp. Also in continuation to the more options idea, add a feature to remove pets. I personally don't think pets are fair. Some people have hatched for years, and have super godly stats, but a level 5 wizard is not gonna have a super good pet because hatching costs 40,000 gold.

These are just my ideas, just a bit more customization would help with pvp. Because it's unbalanced right now.
All of this has been complained about before and the only one I agree with is the mismatching.

Explorer
Feb 02, 2014
Though it is important to give older players benefits for sticking around, newer players need incentives to be able to win as well. I've been playing since February and have a handful of mega pets (& epic, & ancient), none are ideal for me yet and if I had been playing for years I may have had at least one leet pet I could use.

I've seen pets with may cast fairy, may cast unicorn, may cast sprite, may cast batusi, may cast healing current, etc many in one, so these pets are healing them constantly for 0 pips, when someone who hasn't hatched and spent time on leveling their pet and snacks etc doesn't have a chance to own something comparable without an unbalanced life sacrifice investment into the game.

I agree in that an anti TC battle would make it much more interesting, and KI would probably profit from those who buy packs looking for new learned spells. Also people would have to invest more in their strategy and it would take more skill, than easy TC card wins that any random player can do (including low levels). It would also give you more incentive to level up to get the spare points as well as train more in your main school, whereas now a low level can have high level spells due to TC.

Survivor
May 28, 2014
or how about random pvp where everything is just random deck random wand , stats pet and school. how well would you do with the unknown?