Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mail System

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
jetlightning on Sep 14, 2016 wrote:
I love that idea. There are many times when I'm stuck and need help on: where to get, how to do or any information like that to help one another through guests or better their wizards. Plus many players like to quest together and need to leave message to make arrangements to meet.
Good Idea! I can really see it work.

Defender
Mar 04, 2012
hi I was recently thinking of some old games I used to play and remembered something that most of them had mail and I don't mean like email I mean they had a thing were you could send a message to your friends in game like a postcard with a funny message or asking if you wanted to do something when they would see it when they logged back into game or if they were still in game would see it in a few minutes so what do you guys think if wizards had that? It would be really fun think of it if your friend had a bad day you could send them something funny to cheer them up or if you wanted to ask them if they want to do a dungeon or go to a party just sent a postcard and they can send one back with a reply and it could be really good for kingsisle they could put news in the postcards and send them to players in game who don't read the newsletter so what do you guys think?

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
Hello there! I came up with an idea to send to send mail to offline wizards. This way you can send a message to your friend telling them whatever you want. Example: Inviting them to a pvp party or a dungeon party. Once the offline wizard logs on they can see that they have mail for someone. Please respond and let me know your guys ideas!
-Alia SparkleGrove

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
Please let me know your guys' opinions! Thank you!
-Alia SparkleGrove

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
I usually use other sources to chat with friends privately (such as Wizard101 Central or social media), but I agree that an in-game mailbox would definitely be convenient. :)

Survivor
Aug 15, 2009
Delver
Jan 30, 2015
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I dont feel it is needed at all. If implemented, I hope there is a way to block messages from being sent to me. I dont have a large friend list because I only play with a few people, and I have social media to connect with them in a much more open environment than W101's filters.

Defender
Apr 03, 2016
JelliBeans603 on Aug 8, 2017 wrote:
Hello there! I came up with an idea to send to send mail to offline wizards. This way you can send a message to your friend telling them whatever you want. Example: Inviting them to a pvp party or a dungeon party. Once the offline wizard logs on they can see that they have mail for someone. Please respond and let me know your guys ideas!
-Alia SparkleGrove
Maybe for the Mail, It could only be sent by a Friend you Deem a Best Friend (One that you gave a Symbol) And Add an Option to Be able or to be Unable to Receive Mail from Non-Best Friends and To be Un/able To Receive Mail.

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
Thank you all for your opinions!!!!!!! :)
-Alia SparkleGrove

Defender
Sep 29, 2010
Ever wanted to tell one of your friends something really important but they’re not online? Want to let them know you won’t be able to do Castle Darkmoor that day? Want to tell them you’ll be on vacation and away from the game for a week? Well, with wizard mail you can.

Wizard mail will be a new function on the friends list, like how you could PM them normally. To send them a letter while they’re offline, simply press the envelope button to write them a message for them to read later.

It will function like chat, meaning you can only say what is allowed by chat filters.

For instance say you and your friend were planning to do Castle Darkmoor but something comes up.

You simply write them the letter and then send it. Once the person comes online it will pop up on their screen like a notification bubble from merle ambrose or the other ravenwood teachers. When they click to read it will tell them who sent the letter and at what time and how long ago it was

I really want there to be ways for players to better communicate within the game with people you may not know outside the game and I think wizard mail would help immensely.

~Wolf Nightbreeze~

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Explorer
Apr 29, 2012
I am so for this idea!!! I love it!! seriously hope Kingsisle considers this!!!

Lauren Rosehaven 120

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Yes!

And to add, there will be rules to bar against spamming etc.

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
CaptainAureus on Oct 10, 2017 wrote:
Ever wanted to tell one of your friends something really important but they’re not online? Want to let them know you won’t be able to do Castle Darkmoor that day? Want to tell them you’ll be on vacation and away from the game for a week? Well, with wizard mail you can.

Wizard mail will be a new function on the friends list, like how you could PM them normally. To send them a letter while they’re offline, simply press the envelope button to write them a message for them to read later.

It will function like chat, meaning you can only say what is allowed by chat filters.

For instance say you and your friend were planning to do Castle Darkmoor but something comes up.

You simply write them the letter and then send it. Once the person comes online it will pop up on their screen like a notification bubble from merle ambrose or the other ravenwood teachers. When they click to read it will tell them who sent the letter and at what time and how long ago it was

I really want there to be ways for players to better communicate within the game with people you may not know outside the game and I think wizard mail would help immensely.

~Wolf Nightbreeze~
I have always thought about this!!!! I love this idea!
-Alia SparkleGrove

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
Survivor
Oct 23, 2015
This is a good idea, as long as you could only mail friends and there were safeguards against spam, such as only being able to send two messages to a friend until they reply.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
It is a nice idea but I think the reason they don't do this is the capacity for it to be abused.

If people want to talk outside the game, Wiz wouldn't be legally responsible for that. But if they set up an email or PM system in world and someone sent inappropriate or bullying messages, they might be.

This has been broached before in the forums and while it would be great, I think there could be (and I am only guessing) reasons why it has not yet been implemented.
But I love your always creative ideas, Capt. Aureus.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
Really good idea, that's why it won't make it in the game.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
You sir, are a genius!
I certainly hope KingsIsle will implement this in the near future. It would really help me since I'm of a different timezone to the majority of the Wizard101 community and if I'm planning on questing in Empyrea with a friend who happens to live in the U.S., it would be easier to message them which times I'll be on.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Wizard mail would be a great addition to the game. It's hard to find help these days. Players can message offline wizards on their friends list for meeting arrangements to quest together or do a dungeon of some sort. If we're worried about trolling, KI can sett up an option for us to block someone from messaging you. But if you have good friends on your list, there won't be trolling. KI pleases add this idea to the game.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Patrick Ravenbane on Oct 15, 2017 wrote:
Wizard mail would be a great addition to the game. It's hard to find help these days. Players can message offline wizards on their friends list for meeting arrangements to quest together or do a dungeon of some sort. If we're worried about trolling, KI can sett up an option for us to block someone from messaging you. But if you have good friends on your list, there won't be trolling. KI pleases add this idea to the game.
That is a good point about blocking.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Idea about messaging offline players.

What if the Friend's List system was expanded to include a message left from a Friend while I was offline, "busy" or incognito?

Somehow that thing knows if my sister changes her gear and whether or not she's online -- and it lets me peek at her new pet even if she JUST equipped it--and whether or not I can port to her in an area. And it has chat bubbles attached to it. Friend's List Tech Team, is it possible to fix it so that I can click on a Friend on my list, then click on a new icon on the left of the list for leaving a message for that Friend, then access a specialized ... or the same chat bubbles -- but an expanded menu, so I can't leave truly personal messages, but I can say:

"Pet Hatch"
  • I'll be late, but still want to hatch. I'll be on around...
  • --- 1:00 p.m. Central Time [default because it's KI time]
Then if she misses me she could leave a return message like:

"Pet Hatch"
  • I couldn't make it. I'll be on around...
  • ---Saturday
  • ---1:00 p.m. Central Time
It would work just like the chat menus but have new phrases tailored for reasons Friends would need to leave a message for someone not available. Everything from "Happy Birthday!"..."and enjoy your gift!" to pet hatching, dungeon plans gone awry, and PVP dates changed or mixed up. By using the controlled chat bubbles it should be easier for KI to implement and would require no moderation AND would let us leave important messages for kids that don't have open/text chat or only have permission to be on the actual game not the website (for a web-page based message system.)

The name of the Friend that left me a message could glow, be a different color, the icon next to the name could change to a note or something--because we wouldn't always be expecting a message and automatically check.

And it would also be nice if the regular chat menu had phrases like after "Sorry, I just hatched."

---"Would you like to make a plan to hatch later?" The unspoken but obvious solution if not is that they can gift a timer potion but if they wanted to make a plan they could say:
  • "yes."
  • "Monday."
  • "4:00 a.m. Central Time."
And the other player could counter with an new plan if they wanted or confirm, "Thanks! That's a plan."

And a reminder phrase, "If we add each other, we can leave a message in case we need to change the plan."

Then they'll friend each other or not.

Any chance we could get a response from a producer,
as to whether this idea is even a computery physical possibility or is just completely,
"If we can make a space ship, certainly we can make a time machine! too." ???

Not that an answer in the affirmative would mean KI liked the idea or was going to try to work it out, but we wouldn't continue to think on these lines if it wasn't realistic.