Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Odd Pip Count and How It Deals With Power Pips

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 16, 2011
Hello Kingsisle,

It didn't use to be like this before, but lately I've realized something major about the game that has started to cause some real problems.

Lets say, you have 2 power pips. You want to cast a helping hand which is three pips. Normally, the game used to subtract that and leave you with one pip. Now, it subtracts both power pips, and therefore one pip went to waste. In some conditions this is game changing, and I'd like to know if I'm the only one facing this, and if there is a fix.

Thank You,
Zachary Dragonsword

Administrator
I'm sorry young Wizard, but you are mistaken. You have never received 'change' in the form of a normal pip when casting an odd numbered pip spell using Power Pips.

community@wizard101.com
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
squirtle313 on Jun 18, 2014 wrote:
Hello Kingsisle,

It didn't use to be like this before, but lately I've realized something major about the game that has started to cause some real problems.

Lets say, you have 2 power pips. You want to cast a helping hand which is three pips. Normally, the game used to subtract that and leave you with one pip. Now, it subtracts both power pips, and therefore one pip went to waste. In some conditions this is game changing, and I'd like to know if I'm the only one facing this, and if there is a fix.

Thank You,
Zachary Dragonsword
It has always been like that. That is part of the decision of deciding between an even or odd pip spell.