Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice Spell Idea

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 30, 2010
Okay, so I'm a death wizard who has never once played as an ice, but today I got an idea for what I thought my be a cool ice spell. So hopefully some of you ice wizards out there could tell me whether or not you would use this spell.

Avalanche

10 pips (At this point I think 10 should me the max pip count for any spell and that all new spells should be 10 or less)

Single Target

A large, snow-capped mountain rises up in the center of the arena. The wind howls, and you hear a disturbance up in the mountain. a little snowball slides down the mountain deals 10 damage to the opponent. Then a larger snowball slides down the mountain and hits the target for 100 damage. Finally, the entirety of the snow on the mountain comes crashing down on the target, dealing 1,000 damage.

So basically 10 damage , 100 damage, and 1,000 damage.
I intentionally chose the same numbers that are on storm's wild bolt spell to contrast how storm plays quick and gets a chance at big damage, while ice stays patient and is rewarded with all the damage.

An alternate idea for this spell is to have the final damage be 700 damage to all enemies, so the attack is like a shieldbreaker for one opponent that turns into an AoE for all opponents.

Thoughts? I really want to hear what you guys think of this idea, especially you ice wizards out there.

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
BlackGlaciator646 on May 10, 2014 wrote:
Okay, so I'm a death wizard who has never once played as an ice, but today I got an idea for what I thought my be a cool ice spell. So hopefully some of you ice wizards out there could tell me whether or not you would use this spell.

Avalanche

10 pips (At this point I think 10 should me the max pip count for any spell and that all new spells should be 10 or less)

Single Target

A large, snow-capped mountain rises up in the center of the arena. The wind howls, and you hear a disturbance up in the mountain. a little snowball slides down the mountain deals 10 damage to the opponent. Then a larger snowball slides down the mountain and hits the target for 100 damage. Finally, the entirety of the snow on the mountain comes crashing down on the target, dealing 1,000 damage.

I intentionally chose the same numbers that are on storm's wild bolt spell to contrast how storm plays quick and gets a chance at big damage, while ice stays patient and is rewarded with all the damage.

An alternate idea for this spell is to have the final damage be 700 damage to all enemies, so the attack is like a shieldbreaker for one opponent that turns into an AoE for all opponents.

Thoughts? I really want to hear what you guys think of this idea, especially you ice wizards out there.
I actually... really like this idea. I don't say that about many spell suggestions. Most people try to add spells to a scholl that aren't congruent with the schools basic style. This spell, however, would make a perfect addition to ice and I feel it would fit with it's other spells. I like what you said about quickly attacking versus patience. This represent much of what ice stands for. Keep up the good work!

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
No.
For one thing, why 10 pips? We can get up to 14. How will the game progress and get any more difficult if we never get a better spell?
For another, Lord of Winter does about the same damage (850-950 vs 1110) but also removes 3 pips. Pierce/shatter can just whack off that shield, no problem. Seems a bit UP.

Defender
Aug 25, 2013
I don't like this idea. I love to use potent feint and regular feint to kill off bosses quickly. this spell would be utterly useless against bosses. you would have to put up six feints to get the most damage out of that spell.

Sorry, no.

-The RavenCatcher

Survivor
Jan 30, 2010
Robobot1747 on May 10, 2014 wrote:
No.
For one thing, why 10 pips? We can get up to 14. How will the game progress and get any more difficult if we never get a better spell?
For another, Lord of Winter does about the same damage (850-950 vs 1110) but also removes 3 pips. Pierce/shatter can just whack off that shield, no problem. Seems a bit UP.
I don't really like the idea of changing the pips or altering the damage, but I would love to add an effect. What would you suggest? maybe a stun, since a player being buried under snow would probably be something that leaves them useless to their team for a round or so. But like I said earlier, I'm not an ice wizard, so i'm not completely sure what would be useful for them.

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
the max pip value we can have at the time is 14, unless they add triple pips

Defender
May 29, 2013
Sokad on May 10, 2014 wrote:
I don't like this idea. I love to use potent feint and regular feint to kill off bosses quickly. this spell would be utterly useless against bosses. you would have to put up six feints to get the most damage out of that spell.

Sorry, no.

-The RavenCatcher

Then don't use it on bosses. Stick to Mammoth or whatever
There are no complaints on Mino/Orthrus or DoT spells like Snow Angel (Since this is about Ice) for your little feint strategy

It's not hard

Defender
May 29, 2013
BlackGlaciator646 on May 10, 2014 wrote:

Avalanche

Single Target

An awesome idea for a spell. I can definitely see the animation
However:

No 3 hits. Why? Just.................. No

The AoE would be a better idea