Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance cards op?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 18, 2014
Defender
Aug 25, 2013
Balance spells are not overpowered. They are about average in the overall damage complex in this game. The only shields that block them are tower shields. That is their main advantage.

-The RavenCatcher

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Blake DarkHaven on May 1, 2014 wrote:
I think cards are to over-powered
oh, please.

given your lack of reasoning, it's obvious that you've never played a balance wizard and are probably mad that one beat you in pvp because you were unprepared. but, since you're new to the game, i'll forgive you on both counts.

my first wizard was balance, so here is my challenge to you: go and make one, level him (or her) to 60, without help, and then we'll talk about how "overpowered" we are.

-von
exalted

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
I'm not one to shoot down others opinions especially seeing as your new to the forums....but no...just no I can't think of one balance card that needs nerfing.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2010
Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Scarab is OP? Woah, maybe you need a bit more health/resist.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
Each school has individually strong cards. Anyways, balance draws on the power of fire, storm, and ice and that is it's advantage. The cards that deal damage of other schools aren't the strongest but we have to use them against balance mobs/bosses because we don't have a prism. If any school was op, I would expect you to say storm but they have really bad accuracy to match the great damage. Just like that, the schools are fairly equal with their pros and cons.
Saffron Sandsword
Legendary

Survivor
May 09, 2010
You think cards are OP, wait till you see a storm rank 5 spell can do more than a rank 10.

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
Dr Von on May 1, 2014 wrote:
oh, please.

given your lack of reasoning, it's obvious that you've never played a balance wizard and are probably mad that one beat you in pvp because you were unprepared. but, since you're new to the game, i'll forgive you on both counts.

my first wizard was balance, so here is my challenge to you: go and make one, level him (or her) to 60, without help, and then we'll talk about how "overpowered" we are.

-von
exalted
We are in complete accordance on this point. However, given the fact that they probably haven't played a balance wizard and by the looks of it are new to the game, perhaps your rebuttal should be slightly kinder. My suggestion? Don't do the first paragraph next time.

Explorer
Dec 30, 2013
Balance isn't overpowered at all. It is the most difficult school to master and get used to. My first wizard was a Balance and, I must say, it was a struggle to level him up. Try to get rid of weaknesses or tower shields if you have a lot of blades on you, it definitely is impossible unless you got TC cards or you are crazy enough to lose your universal blades.

I have started a life wizard and, in spite of their weak attacks and lack of a decent multi target attack at low level, I am finding it very cool and even EASIER to play
And when I remember back then when I was struggling in Dragonspire with my balance, it was so much easier with my Life that I barely could believe, people who have already done this world know what I am talking about.

So, bear in mind that there's no school that is overpowered, there is YES a school you learn how to do well and master it with its faults and qualities.