Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Housing after DS?

AuthorMessage
Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Why does housing pretty much stop after Dragonspyre? The house vendors, furniture vendors, etc., pretty much dry up. There is some stuff in Celestia, but after that, nothing -- except for a few crafted houses, and gift card bundles.

I would really like to see more housing in the rest of the spiral, and not have it stop at DS. We should be able to buy houses and furniture, etc., in all of the worlds of the Spiral. And I mean, buy it with gold in-game, not just crowns or crafting. It would re-vitalize housing, give us something new and fun to look for and to do.

Survivor
Jul 15, 2013
FinnAgainWindrider on Mar 24, 2014 wrote:
Why does housing pretty much stop after Dragonspyre? The house vendors, furniture vendors, etc., pretty much dry up. There is some stuff in Celestia, but after that, nothing -- except for a few crafted houses, and gift card bundles.

I would really like to see more housing in the rest of the spiral, and not have it stop at DS. We should be able to buy houses and furniture, etc., in all of the worlds of the Spiral. And I mean, buy it with gold in-game, not just crowns or crafting. It would re-vitalize housing, give us something new and fun to look for and to do.
There are world themed housing packs still, and they have really good items within.

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
I don't know what else to say but:

Yeah.

We still need second houses for Zafraia, Azteca and, of course, Khysalis. And definitely more furniture, especially now with housing tours.

Haley MoonHeart

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
OfficialRaindropz on Mar 29, 2014 wrote:
There are world themed housing packs still, and they have really good items within.
Yes, but those are crowns items, not regular in-game housing. In the early worlds, all players had access to a fair variety of housing options, and new ones were available in each new world. Once the second arc shows up, it turns to "crowns or crafting only" options.

What I'm saying is, we should have the general housing in-game for gold still continue, with house vendors and furniture vendors in each new world. One or two new houses for each world. Smaller ones, perhaps, so the gift packs still have the more awesome stuff for those who can afford to pay crowns.

But still, the regular housing dropped off. Regular housing should continue in each new world, as well as the crowns stuff.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2010
FinnAgainWindrider on Mar 30, 2014 wrote:
Yes, but those are crowns items, not regular in-game housing. In the early worlds, all players had access to a fair variety of housing options, and new ones were available in each new world. Once the second arc shows up, it turns to "crowns or crafting only" options.

What I'm saying is, we should have the general housing in-game for gold still continue, with house vendors and furniture vendors in each new world. One or two new houses for each world. Smaller ones, perhaps, so the gift packs still have the more awesome stuff for those who can afford to pay crowns.

But still, the regular housing dropped off. Regular housing should continue in each new world, as well as the crowns stuff.
Those furniture packs can be bought with gold. Just click the "buy with gold" tab when viewing the furniture packs in the crown shop. It costs 22500 gold for each furniture pack. You don't have to spend crowns on them.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
I think KI will add them but they are too busy right now with Khrysalis Part 2 coming out.
Saffron Sandsword
Master

Survivor
Nov 05, 2011
Actually, you can purchase any house in the Crowns shop with gold. Next to the "Buy" button is an option to pay with gold instead. Click on that and you can purchase them with gold. Most of the houses in the Crowns shop cost 100,000 gold, and for me are money sinks for my higher level characters when I have nothing else to buy.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Aerier on Mar 31, 2014 wrote:
Actually, you can purchase any house in the Crowns shop with gold. Next to the "Buy" button is an option to pay with gold instead. Click on that and you can purchase them with gold. Most of the houses in the Crowns shop cost 100,000 gold, and for me are money sinks for my higher level characters when I have nothing else to buy.
Yes, you can, and I have. You always could buy the crowns houses, even in the earlier worlds. Both the crown furniture packs and the crown shop houses are fine for what they are.

Does that mean they should do away with the housing and furniture vendors in new worlds though? I don't think so.

I think it is fun to find the new housing and furniture shops in new worlds, and to expand the housing options. The Krok, MB, Mooshu houses and items were fun. By DS it was getting a little thin. After DS it mostly disappeared, except for a few items in CL and the crafting and crown shop stuff.

I'd like to see regular, in-world housing continue in new worlds, and with this expansion improve the selection that comes back to the Bazaar, so housing is more interesting and there is more variety to work with as each world comes along.

It would also be nice to be able to select the housing items you want individually at furniture vendors, instead of having to buy whole sets (that are very oddly grouped) from the crown shop. Individual creativity in housing is much better served by letting people pick and create their own styles of grouping things.

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
I think all crafting houses should become gold houses, but increase the price a little. I also have some ideas for houses...

celestia- a campsite under a dome. you can go inside the factory. includes a garden, and walk in tents. this might be called "science campsite".

grizzleheim- a mansion that is built inside a snow capped mountain. the view is beautiful. there are also windows inside. this house might be called "mountain mansion".

zafaria- a zafaria style pyramid that has massive rooms with bamboo walls and flooring. this house might be called "adventure house".

Avalon- a castle with thick, dark gray, stone bricks. has a courtyard inside. there are four towers. has an archery range outside. the main lobby has a red runway and throne platform. this might be called "colossal palace".

Azteca- a cave like where the spiral door is located in the main place in Azteca. this might be called "enchanted cave".

krisalis- I have only ben there once so I don't have an idea. still feel free to fill in the blanks for me.

Defender
Jul 24, 2011
Wow, great idea! I just bought a Marleybone house and then went to MooShu and saw the castle shop, and am waiting for money, and I like having a worldly house!

Cole Goldenflame, Level 39 Pyromancer World: Mooshu and Grizzleheim Area: Tatakai Outpost and Mirkholm Keep

Defender
Nov 10, 2012
We really do need new housing after DS. I have a Super Bundle. And I've pretty much seen all the houses (Gold ones) over and over. And they've gotten boring. We need more interesting houses and furniture!

Savannah MoonBlossom 29 & Jacqueline ShadowBlade 9

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
I agree it would be nice to see a celestia besides the crafted one a zafaria one an Avalon one besides the wyrd one an Azteca one and a khrysalis one would be awesome

Dakota FireMancer lvl92 Khrysalis Bastion
Dakota IcePetal lvl93 Khrysalis Last Wood
Dakota NightCloud lvl88 Azteca Pitch Black Lake
Dakota WyrmBringer lvl78 Avalon The Outer Yard
Dakota DeathBlade lvl73 Avalon Caer Lyon
Dakota MythHunter lvl44 Dragonspyre Crucible

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Blau Blitz Wolf on Apr 29, 2014 wrote:
We really do need new housing after DS. I have a Super Bundle. And I've pretty much seen all the houses (Gold ones) over and over. And they've gotten boring. We need more interesting houses and furniture!

Savannah MoonBlossom 29 & Jacqueline ShadowBlade 9
I so agree! Thank you.